Apple TV XBMC VOB Question
Hello all, I'm very new to all this. I've got a PC and have tried 6 or so programs to convert my DVDs to a high quality h264 and have yet to come up with one that works well. My typical issue is video/audio sync. What I would greatly like to do is simpy rip my DVDs to a single VOB file and play that on my ATV. Is this possible by using XBMC, do I still have cover art and all the other cool stuff that comes along like a description of the movie, actors, director, poducer, rating, ect...?

Just curious, if it can play a single VOB file why would anyone want to convert it to something like an MP4 and AVI? What is the benefit, other than size which you can rip a DVD to a smaller VOB file?

Thanks.
you can also put the whole dvd into an iso package and xbmc will read it for you like a normal dvd.

Thats what im using. With ember media manager you can get media-info from the dvd too (codec-info etc.). the actors producer rating etc comes only from the moviename if you let xbmc scraoe that.

Thats my way of doing it, i think quality is more important then size Big Grin
Riderzzz Wrote:you can also put the whole dvd into an iso package and xbmc will read it for you like a normal dvd.

Thats what im using. With ember media manager you can get media-info from the dvd too (codec-info etc.). the actors producer rating etc comes only from the moviename if you let xbmc scraoe that.

Thats my way of doing it, i think quality is more important then size Big Grin

That is great to hear. I downloaded and attempted to use ember media manager. I have a movie in ISO format and ember doesn't seem to read it. Also, I couldn't find any good instructions on how to actually use the software. I'm not an idiot but I tell you I feel like one with ember.

Thanks for any more advice you have.
288enzo Wrote:That is great to hear. I downloaded and attempted to use ember media manager. I have a movie in ISO format and ember doesn't seem to read it. Also, I couldn't find any good instructions on how to actually use the software. I'm not an idiot but I tell you I feel like one with ember.

Thanks for any more advice you have.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=50348&page=257

here you can read about ember media.
Just give your location of the movies and correct settings and you can scrape all data. Meta data is not working well under iso but you can fill it in manually in ember.

Further questions regarding to ember I guess should be asked in the ember thread.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple TV XBMC VOB Question0