Restarting XBMC
I have xbmc 9.11 alpha 2 installed and currently in the process of fixing my remote control mapping,

its a big pain in the ass to have to restart the system to test the changes I have made since it takes over 4 minutes for my system to boot up. I have tried exiting xbmc and then starting it up by typing 'xbmc' but that gives me this error:
"Could not connect to x server"

is there a proper way to restart xbmc? or force it to reload the key mapping without a restart?
it takes you 4 whole minutes to restart? what kinda hardware are you running on, a 300Mhz Cpu with 64MB ram? my zotac 330 restarts in about 30 seconds. something must be wrong with your setup...
Board: Zotac ION-A-U Case: M350 Mini ITX Memory: 4GB Patriot PC6400 OS: XBMC on OpenELEC.tv build 6936 on a Corsair 32GB SSD Media Storage: W2K8 running on 14TB RAID 5 on an Asrock board w/ AMD Athlon X2 250 and PERC 6/I controller w/ 8 Samsung HD204UI Green drives Time to interface from power switch: 22.4 seconds.
I believe there's a keymapping to reload the keymap. It's reloadkeymaps.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

kay.one Wrote:I have xbmc 9.11 alpha 2 installed and currently in the process of fixing my remote control mapping,

its a big pain in the ass to have to restart the system to test the changes I have made since it takes over 4 minutes for my system to boot up. I have tried exiting xbmc and then starting it up by typing 'xbmc' but that gives me this error:
"Could not connect to x server"

is there a proper way to restart xbmc? or force it to reload the key mapping without a restart?

depends on how you configured your system. but try startx.
Alternatively, restart xbmc from the shutdown menu. Will only restart xbmc and not restart the pc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Restarting XBMC0