[REQUEST] More font options in fonts.xml
At the moment we can use the styles 'normal', 'bold', 'italics' or 'bolditalics' in the fonts.xml but would it be possible to also define upper and lower case?
* jmarshall sees Jezz_X pulling the strings. You can't fool me!!

trac it please Smile

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

hahaha I never even mentioned it to him Tongue
but nice to see I'm not the only one
lol I've been working on the fonts for a couple of days and realised this feature would be a Godsend.

I'll try and remember to cc you this time Jonathan.
speaking of, would somebody be willing to explain what the problem is with uppercasing accented characters in xbmc?
it obviously doesn't work, although the font file contains both lowercase and uppercase variations of the accented characters.

using [UPPERCASE] for certain strings in the skin is nice, but it rarely works for users who're using a non-english language in xbmc.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
because in some languages Uppercase has a different meaning to lowercase so is a different char
cheers Jezz_X, i know diddly about fonts and was assuming there would be some kind of mapping between the lower and uppercase characters in the font file.
apparently, for some languages, that's not the....uhh....case. ;-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] More font options in fonts.xml0