Stability issues and slow interface behaviour
Hey all:

I think I did the minimal install, using ubuntu 9.04, with the recent beta release. I noticed that on the first run the interface was sluggish at best and since I had installed the Rapier skin... decided to try it, but it was sluggish as well.. so I tried the PM3 skin and since has been working mostly fine.

Sometimes.. it behaves slow and usually after a restart... behaves well again.

I'm quite happy with the software. After trying Moovida/Elisa and getting nothing working... I was surprised this one worked right after the install. Since this is a beta I understand the stability problems and all that, its so great finally having a Media Center Smile

The only times the XBMC have crashed has been when trying to play MP4 hidef videos, but today found out that it doesnt always crash like this, as I was able to play 5 MP4 1080p videos and 1 WMV without problems.

Also, I was quite happy when running my favorite 720p test, which in VLC had this noise every 10 secs and forced me to dual boot to Window$, but with XBMC I get no audio problems, and even the intro which has given me problems in windows, runs flawlessly in XBMC.

Great Media Center guys!

ELP

System: Asus M3A78-T, Amd x2 Black Edition 7750 2.7ghz, onboard HD3300 with 384MB, onboard 5.1 analog audio, 2gigs RAM, Ubuntu 9.04.
Acer something AMD A8-3800K with Trinity Radeon HD6650 (512MB), 10GB DDR3, Ubuntu 15.04, NO KODI HELP Audio: Working great Analog 5.1 (with Infinity Reference Sub and Center).
compiz disabled?
Yes, very disabled. Its one of the first things I do Smile

I havent tried again the other skins, since PM3 works so great, but even PM3 gets sluggish and usually gets resolved with a restart of the O/S.
Acer something AMD A8-3800K with Trinity Radeon HD6650 (512MB), 10GB DDR3, Ubuntu 15.04, NO KODI HELP Audio: Working great Analog 5.1 (with Infinity Reference Sub and Center).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stability issues and slow interface behaviour0