• 31(current)
ASRock ION 330HT (2nd gen) - built-in IR, which lirc driver?
Hiram Wrote:Hi litemotiv, I also get poor reception intermittently. I find replacing the batteries sometimes helps.

Other things to try are raising/lowering the gap value in your lircd.conf.

Which version of Linux, XBMC and kernel are you running?

Thanks Hiram,

I'm running XBMC Dharma on Arch linux, kernel 2.6.36.2. I will at least try adjusting that gap value, hopefully it'll help a bit.

-lite
Smile 
X3lectric, I went for you solution after all, the current version is the smoothest. Thank you very much.

I changed it around to one line dpkg. It works fine and is a bit quicker.

Code:
mkdir Downloads
cd Downloads

Code:
wget
http://ppa.launchpad.net/yavdr/stable-vdr/ubuntu/pool/main/n/nct677x-dkms/lirc-nct677x-src_1.0.4-1yavdr1_all.deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/yavdr/stable-vdr/ubuntu/pool/main/n/nct677x-dkms/nct677x-dkms_1.0.4-1yavdr1_all.deb http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4325533/lirc-nct677x-1.0.4-ubuntu10.04_kernel2.6.32-25.deb
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4325533/lirc-nct677x-x64-1.0.4-ubuntu10.04_kernel2.6.32-25.deb

Code:
sudo dpkg -i nct677x-dkms_1.0.4-1yavdr1_all.deb lirc-nct677x-src_1.0.4-1yavdr1_all.deb lirc-nct677x-1.0.4-ubuntu10.04_kernel2.6.32-25.deb

EDIT:
I have made a complete and clean config and I am creating a clonezilla restore disk right now. If I can find a good place I will upload it somewhere.
litemotiv Wrote:Thanks Hiram,

I'm running XBMC Dharma on Arch linux, kernel 2.6.36.2. I will at least try adjusting that gap value, hopefully it'll help a bit.

-lite

Which driver (and version) are you running also? The nuvoton-cir driver mentioned here: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=36673 is the one I'm running at the moment.
Hiram Wrote:Which driver (and version) are you running also? The nuvoton-cir driver mentioned here: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=36673 is the one I'm running at the moment.

Yes that's the one i'm using as well. Smile
Hmm, how often does your remote repeat? Now that I look at it, mine repeats every 1-2 seconds (I haven't timed it accurately), and I can't seem to adjust the repeat rate without it going incredibly fast and becoming unusable. This is a problem for me too.
Hiram Wrote:Hmm, how often does your remote repeat? Now that I look at it, mine repeats every 1-2 seconds (I haven't timed it accurately), and I can't seem to adjust the repeat rate without it going incredibly fast and becoming unusable. This is a problem for me too.

I'm not sure, my main problem is that under certain(?) conditions the remote hardly reacts at all..
litemotiv Wrote:Just wanted to check if anyone else is experiencing sub-par reception with the ion330 remote? It basically works okay-ish for me, but i have a drop out now and then (roughly 1 in 5 keypresses), and the broad daylight performance is really bad (only about 1 in 10 presses is received).

Where is the ir receiver actually located? Is that behind the grill, or does any of the leds on the front also serve as a receiver (don't know if that is even possible)?

Thanks,
lite

yes.. I had major problems with mine. from not working at all, to turning on randomly.

In the end after months of annoyance, it was my Sony HD LCD TV! I found if I have power saving high (back light = low) the panel creates an InfraRed signal that messes with the 330HT.

the solution for me was to crank up the back light. It was on setting 1, setting it to 5 or 6 fixes it for me 100%. Although I notice intermittent reception for a minute or two while it warms up on a cold start.

hope this helps!
osirisjem Wrote:I installed the latest xbmcfreak iso for my Asrock ION 330 HT.

thank you but the links work just fin, its not a copy and paste job there, since the links are actual links in post so hence why you had problems.

glad it worked

thx for rep up... if that was you... better than someone calling me a troll on one of the rep up with negative feedback.... ouch.

BTW using very latest lucid kernel here and even tested all kernels in maverick on a joyride install I can get them to work in any kernel so far, and Im not a linux guru (nor do I wanna be) in fact I would say Im the one that knows the leat linux in these forums...

though I have to say the way my private live is going I will provide less and less support on these forums.

I would love to help more but its just not possible.
demod Wrote:yes.. I had major problems with mine. from not working at all, to turning on randomly.

In the end after months of annoyance, it was my Sony HD LCD TV! I found if I have power saving high (back light = low) the panel creates an InfraRed signal that messes with the 330HT.

the solution for me was to crank up the back light. It was on setting 1, setting it to 5 or 6 fixes it for me 100%. Although I notice intermittent reception for a minute or two while it warms up on a cold start.

hope this helps!

Let me second this! There was a loong discussion (including remote root cause finding help by X3elctric) on this strange remote behavior (crashes, self booting asrock, the complete stuff on what could fail on IR install and operation ... ) in April 2010 - though forum servers were fried by thunderstorm and all posts lost. *sic* backup, anyone?

In short. There seem to be problems w/ plasmas (well known) and (older) LCDs that interfere w/ the IR remote. I own an early Sharp 37" 1080p LCD and I had the same problems as demod. 1st step was to place the ASrock behind the LCD -> got better. 2nd step was to glue transparent tape on the IR receiver diode -> got better. But in the end it wasn't good. 3rd step was a new LCD Smile That worked!

Since then I did not have a hint of a problem with my xci powered setup. The remote works perfect. Even did all the upgrades from 9.11 to 10.00 (incl. RCx) on karmic minimal - with regular backups :p

Kudos to X3lectric!
and don't forget, now you can use it to inetad of compiling from SVN trunk to compile from GIT trunk....

shame it was the last script version released, though it is opensource... if anyone knows what that is...

thx lazyman.

1.0999 should be the last when you run xci next time.

*offtopic

if you used XCI to compile from SVN trunk clear ccache beofre compiling from GIT source by doing

sudo ccache -Cc

sudo purge subversion -y

(bare in mind I never do sudo I run as root when doing maintenance or running XCI)

the options are there somewhere in the wiki which was half finished at sourceforge.

and run XCI.sh 1.0999 and just run omn the the XBMC setup options select compile from GIT trunk run option 1 again and the whenever you wanna update after that its option 2 and your xbmc will always be bleeding edge...
Read the info box that posps up when you run the Setup/Prepare system for GIT trunk compile (or whatever its is, I forget) It excplains to users which options to run.

dont forget the disk imaging backups latest ATI supports EXT4 as well on the rescue media and I now offer 15% off (use to be 20% to my blog readers, though I have better exclusive deals tha I promise no one will get anywhere else.
Abnormal1 Wrote:Also I now have the data sheet for the NCT6775 so if anyone wants it or knows of a good place for me to host it so I can link to it on here then just ask/tell.

Hi,

I want to look for kernel support for this chip. May You be so kind and forward me datasheet for NCT6775F ?
Thx in advance !
I have uploaded the NCT6775 data sheet here
http://www.mediafire.com/?rm9hch0i126j9mc
I am trying to figure out where to find the drivers for 2.6.37, I feel like I am missing something. I upgraded Ubuntu 10.10 to kernel 2.6.37, what do I do next?

vikjon0 Wrote:Ok, I have now tested. 2.6.35 does not work with the remote out of the box the way 2.6.37 does. I'm sure it is possible to get it work but the drivers for 330HT is not included.
sz3za Wrote:Hi,

I want to look for kernel support for this chip. May You be so kind and forward me datasheet for NCT6775F ?
Thx in advance !

I think there is support for this device already.

Look at this URL previously posted in this thread.

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/gi...74251050c0

I just now downloaded a 2.6.38-rc and looking in linux-2.6.38-rc3/drivers/media/rc I can find nuvoton-cir.c.

Edit: Actually also in stable 2.6.37..
I have gone the fast way. I installed ubuntu 10.10, which came with version 2.6.35-22. Then I installed the drivers for ubuntu 10.10 from the asrock website as they said, and the remote is working fine.

Last step: I uninstall the packages linux-generic, linux-image-generic and linux-headers-generics, so prevent the kernel being upgraded.. The asrock with the 2.6.35-22 kernel works perfectly for me, and I have no security concerns, so I'll just stay with this kernel, no worries.
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ASRock ION 330HT (2nd gen) - built-in IR, which lirc driver?1