a Couple of Questions
First, I apologize if this is in the wrong forum...

I recently setup my old machine, a Dell Dimension 8200 running Ubuntu 9.0.4 with XBMC (awesome BTW) and I have a few seperate folders of Folders/Movies set up as video sources, so I see when I go to Videos

Videos 1
|-->Movie 1
|-->Movie 2
|-->Movie 3
Videos 2
|-->Movie 4
|-->Movie 5
|-->Movie 6
TV Shows
Other

I would like when I go to Videos to see only 1 folder called "Videos" that contains all of the files from Videos 1 and Videos 2...such as

Videos
|-->Movie 1
|-->Movie 2
|-->Movie 3
|-->Movie 4
|-->Movie 5
|-->Movie 6
Could I do this by symlinking each file/folder containing a movie to a 3rd folder that I add as the source?
(I was thinking a perl script to parse each folder and create an appropriate symlink, as a cron job of course)

Or is there another way to do it that I don't know about? Or perhaps that is a feature suggestion?

Next, I would like to make it so that when anyone accesses the "Other" folder that they will have to enter a password to gain access. This is mainly because it has shows that I don't want the kids (under 13) accessing at this time, e.g. All R-Rated, MA Rated Movies unless I specifically enter a password to gain access. Is that possible?

Thanks in Advance
Welcome to the forums!

First question is fixed by multipath in add source.

The other question should be doable (afaik) with master lock. I don't use em so I can't tell you http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=System_Settings

Cheers,
Tobias
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I guess I didn't look around well enough Smile

Cheers. I will try it when I get home.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
a Couple of Questions0