I need a little help for audio over hdmi and IR remote
Hi guys,
I'm really sorry to open a new thread, but I've been trying to fix those problems for a long time. Firstly I have to say that I'm a newbie on the linux world.

Well, I've bought a Zotac ION ITX B motherboard, with an Atom N230, with a Nvidia ION MCP79.
I've installed the live cd of xbmc (stable) and I can't get the audio working over HDMI. And also I have a cyberlink usb IR remote control that doesn't work at all.
I've read around on the internet and I guess I have to update the nvidia drivers, somehow... is it right?

If someone could give me some hints it would be really appreciate! =)
Hey, I am going to be the first one to thrash you with a wet noodle since you are a newb. You need to give us more info other than "it ain't workin". If your airplane is about to crash, tell us if you are on fire, terrorists are taking over the cockpit, or you ran out of fuel because you were on your laptop playing solitaire and over shot the airport.

With that said, take a look at my post on this matter and you will see a proper way to ask for help/bitch:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=61369
Or you could also test the new test version of live. It has new drivers.
dogk1cker Wrote:Hey, I am going to be the first one to thrash you with a wet noodle since you are a newb. You need to give us more info other than "it ain't workin". If your airplane is about to crash, tell us if you are on fire, terrorists are taking over the cockpit, or you ran out of fuel because you were on your laptop playing solitaire and over shot the airport.

With that said, take a look at my post on this matter and you will see a proper way to ask for help/bitch:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=61369

I'll try to be more specific!! =)

For the audio, I've selected the options just as in your post since i had found it yesterday but with no luck.
I tried both xbmc live 9.04 installed on the HDD and the 9.11 booting from a cd-rom.

I've selected in the bios both External and Internal codec to see if something changes, but still nothing.
If I connect an analog speaker on the phones jack on the computer I hear the sound. So maybe the output selection doesn't work. Funny thing is that with 9.04 I hear all sounds, but with 9.11 just the menu sounds but not the video files sound.

I’m currently downloading Ubuntu to see if I can manage to get any details about my soundcard.
I guess it's a standard nvidia soundcard, for the hdmi output part.
Otherwise it has a Realtek HD Audio soundcard (I think its working since I get analog stereo output)

The infrared remote control is made by Cyberlink, it has a small USB-to-IR adapter… on windows it shows as

Code:
USB\VID_147A&PID_E032&REV_0100
USB\VID_147A&PID_E032
input.inf:Standard.NTamd64:HID_Inst:6.1.7600.16385::generic_hid_device:usb\class_03&subclass_01:usb\class_03

it’s a generic usb input driver
vikjon0 Wrote:Or you could also test the new test version of live. It has new drivers.

Thanks, I've tried but it doesn't work. But it successfully reconize my platform as an Nvidia ION.

Too bad I can't get it to install on the HDD... Sad
Ok I've installed Ubuntu 9.10 and installed the xbmx 9.11 and the sound works (i had to install the nvidia drivers).
That's not really what I wanted to obtain because this pc will be a mediacenter for my parents, so boot time is important and also it must be as easy as possible. But if is the only way...

But for the cyberlink IR i really dunno what to do...
Well I managed to get the audio working on Ubuntu 9.10 and I switched to a UEIC, a "One For All" URC 9040 remote control.
So far only the arrows keys and the ok button are working. I've installed lirc... but I'm not really sure how to configure the keys... I've read a lot but still not figured it out...

I've found here something... but or it doesn't work or I'm doing something wrong...
The remote is still being recognised as a keyboard (for example if I press the 1 key I get a written 1...

Code:
begin remote
    name urc-9040
    bits 32
    begin codes
        1                    0x10002
        2                    0x10003
        3                    0x10004
        4                    0x10005
        5                    0x10006
        6                    0x10007
        7                    0x10008
        8                    0x10009
        9                    0x1000a
        0                    0x1000b
        Rew                  0x1001a
        Ffd                  0x1001b
        Play                 0x1002b
        Stop                 0x10034
        Pause                0x10035
        Prev                 0x1003d
        Next                 0x1003e
        Rec                  0x1003f
        Last                 0x10043
        Guide                0x10044
        Back                 0x1004a
        Goto                 0x1004e
        Logo                 0x10057
        Info                 0x10058
        Ok                   0x10060
        Menu                 0x10066
        Up                   0x10067
        Ch+                  0x10068
        Left                 0x10069
        Right                0x1006a
        Exit                 0x1006b
        Down                 0x1006c
        Ch-                  0x1006d
    end codes
end remote
i keep adding details, maybe someone will care Big Grin

the device ID is 06e7:0004 (this is the IR-USB adapter), it has no vendor name

i'm getting this

Code:
dave@XBMC:~$ sudo /etc/init.d/lirc start
* Loading LIRC modules                                                  [ OK ]
* Starting remote control daemon(s) : LIRC                              [fail]

so the deamon is not working and it won't start, still I get inputs from the remote, such as arrow up and down... its basically an infrared keyboard right now

edit:
if i select a microsoft windows media center remote irw works, but not the remote - at all
switching back to windows... Tongue

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I need a little help for audio over hdmi and IR remote0