Request: nonotating backdrops in file views
I have a large number of video backdrops configured in the confluence settings. In PM3.HD these rotated only on the main screen when I highlighted "videos". In Confluence, they appear as the backdrop in all non-fanart file views. I find this behavior to be distracting. Can we get an option to disable it, please?

If you'd requests like this to go in trac, just say the word. Not sure how it works with the default skins.
trac definitely, unless jezz_x beats you to it (whichever way he does it).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
so just to clear things up you set the home screen to have a path to multiple imags but you don't want to use the multiple images as the background on anything but home ?
Yep, that's it in a nutshell. On file lists most of the background is covered, but with the various translucency effects on confluence it's very distracting.
So I guess you would want an option to set a seperate image for home and sub pages then ?
Jezz_X Wrote:So I guess you would want an option to set a seperate image for home and sub pages then ?

I mentioned something like this on Redux..
The option to have multiple images displayed while in Home Menu, but once leaving Home Menu it would revert to what you have set for that area.

IE: fanart, default, or multiple.

This way, the rotating/multiple background images would not distract from the foreground.
Aeon had this, I think Transparency and Minimeedia...

Option for:
Backdrop-they randomly cycle every 5-7 seconds like now
Fanart-The specific focused item's fanart will show

Myself I like the random cycling fanart, I have the opposite view in that I get distracted when cycling fast through movies as the background appears every second, almost blinking, while random backdrops stay the same no matter how fast your scrolling...
Confluence has the same options the only difference is (i think) that the custom backgrounds still show when you have fanart.
You can turn off fanart on the side menu under Misc Options. Movies.TV Shows, Music Videos all have seperate settings so you will need to do it once in each section
mcborzu Wrote:Myself I like the random cycling fanart, I have the opposite view in that I get distracted when cycling fast through movies as the background appears every second, almost blinking, while random backdrops stay the same no matter how fast your scrolling...

Yes, but the option would allow for the random cycling when at Home Menu but, also to be able to have a single/static background image when in the Movie Menu while cycling through your movie list (or as you like 'multiple', or fanart), whatever you prefer.

Note: After playing with it for a while, I can live with the rotating backgrounds while paging through my movie library and in fact, it looks quite good. I would prefer a single image but maybe in the future. -Thanks
Jezz_X Wrote:So I guess you would want an option to set a seperate image for home and sub pages then ?
Yep, that would be the best solution possible.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Request: nonotating backdrops in file views0