• 4(current)
No video with XBMC 9.11-b1 [log posted]
The shader we're using to covert the YUV to RGB when playing video is based on shader model 2.0. All the cards listed above (Radeon 7500, gforce 4 etc) only support up to shader model 1.4.

This can be solved by either:
- Use the software emulation (using ffmpeg to do the color conversion)
- Write a new shader.

I'll try to look into it.

Eli.
Elis Wrote:This can be solved by either:
- Use the software emulation (using ffmpeg to do the color conversion)
Hi Elis,
can you say how to?
Thanks for answering.
Wiso:

Detect Shader Version:

http://www.flipcode.org/archives/Pixel_S...n_20.shtml

Maybe you should add this check at the begininng like OpenGL drivers until Elis fixes the issue ?
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
same here. windows xp running xbmc 9.11 r26017
intel 82865G Graphics Controller
Question 
So clearly this is an issue for more than a few users with shader 2.0 comparability. Is anyone working on a fix or a workaround with an ffmpeg KB? this is the last bit of the puzzle for in having the perfect MC solution!

go on... go on, go on, go on!
I can confirm this error with a Gforce Ti 4200 and XBMC 9.11.
And i hope that someone tries to fix this.
For now I would just use my OpenGL builds as I REALLY doubt there will be any backporting for shader models below 2.0. Unless one of you write one. Personally I would says go get a newer card, sheesh. I know thats not really possible for laptops, but for normal pc's come'on. SM2 cards are dirt cheap!.
Main Rig [Scorpius] - Core i7 2600k @ 5Ghz. 16 Gig DDR3 1600. 1x HD 6990 1x HD 4870 Hackintosh [Chiana] - Core i5 @ 3.8Ghz. 12 Gig DDR3 Linux [Moya] - Core2 Duo E8200 - 2 Gigs DDR2 800 WHS [Zhaan] - DualCore [email protected] - 4 Gigs DDR2 800 VMC [Jothee] Core2 Quad @ 2.8Ghz 4 Gigs DDR2 800 VMC [Aeryn] Core2 E8400 @ 3.0Ghz 2 Gigs DDR2 800 2TB Server [Talyn] Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.0Ghz - 8 Gigs DDR2 1066 FileServer [Crichton] P4 650 3.4GHz - 2 Gigs DDR
ive come to the same conclusion also, maybe its time to upgrade to a new gfx card for desktops.

ive been thinking of getting an ati(prefer Nvidea) for its support with 1080p hardware assistance with dsplayer.

unfortunate thing is the availability of AGP slot cards atm

of coarse, my kids laptop is another story:-(

[edit] you say you release your own gl builds?[/edit]

regards,
Dam0
Dam0 Wrote:[edit] you say you release your own gl builds?[/edit]
regards,
Dam0

Yup google "XBMC Nightly" and it is in my builds section.

Enjoy
Main Rig [Scorpius] - Core i7 2600k @ 5Ghz. 16 Gig DDR3 1600. 1x HD 6990 1x HD 4870 Hackintosh [Chiana] - Core i5 @ 3.8Ghz. 12 Gig DDR3 Linux [Moya] - Core2 Duo E8200 - 2 Gigs DDR2 800 WHS [Zhaan] - DualCore [email protected] - 4 Gigs DDR2 800 VMC [Jothee] Core2 Quad @ 2.8Ghz 4 Gigs DDR2 800 VMC [Aeryn] Core2 E8400 @ 3.0Ghz 2 Gigs DDR2 800 2TB Server [Talyn] Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.0Ghz - 8 Gigs DDR2 1066 FileServer [Crichton] P4 650 3.4GHz - 2 Gigs DDR
TheQuestor Wrote:For now I would just use my OpenGL builds as I REALLY doubt there will be any backporting for shader models below 2.0. Unless one of you write one. Personally I would says go get a newer card, sheesh. I know thats not really possible for laptops, but for normal pc's come'on. SM2 cards are dirt cheap!.

I got a desktop pc, but it only has a pci(!) slot for graphic cards. No agp, no pci-e.
OpenGL build still there but unsupported:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=62109
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
WiSo Wrote:OpenGL build still there but unsupported:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=62109

Yes, but it will eventually disappear, no?
TheQuestor Wrote:... Personally I would says go get a newer card, sheesh. I know thats not really possible for laptops, but for normal pc's come'on. SM2 cards are dirt cheap!.

Yepp, but it is exactly the 2 to 4 year old laptops that provide sufficient power for a media center paired with a very low energy consumption and a low noise profile. Thus they perfectly qualify to spend the rest of their existence being the living room media central.
Besides I can imagine that even rather recent laptops still come with shader capabilities < 2.0. Why do you think so many users report problems here with this class of machines? They are perfect for the job and at the same time they are most heavily affected by this bug.
Unfortunatelly slow performance and blocky video output sadly disqualify the OpenGL solution.

Just my 2 cents...
Cheers, Jörg.
Jpsy Wrote:Yepp, but it is exactly the 2 to 4 year old laptops that provide sufficient power for a media center paired with a very low energy consumption and a low noise profile. Thus they perfectly qualify to spend the rest of their existence being the living room media central.
Besides I can imagine that even rather recent laptops still come with shader capabilities < 2.0. Why do you think so many users report problems here with this class of machines? They are perfect for the job and at the same time they are most heavily affected by this bug.
Unfortunatelly slow performance and blocky video output sadly disqualify the OpenGL solution.

Just my 2 cents...
Cheers, Jörg.

Respectfully, I have to agree with this person. I have 4 Dell optiplex gx620 p4 ht with radeon 7000 cards. These are great HTPCs. I use them for TV (Beyond TV), music (Squeeze Centre), media centre software (Boxee and XMBX - photos, weather, DVD rips, etc). Unfortunately, the latest releases has killed play back of DVD rips because of the white screen.
I love the software, but sadly find myself thinking of other solutions. I think it's unnecessary to buy new graphic cards right now.

I appreciate all the development that is going on here! Smile
mxgaccount
<rant>
Everyone wants their 20 year old machine to be able to do what brand new machines can do and always get ticked off at devs when they decide to draw a line and only support X that is past Y line because it makes for an overall inferior experience .

Legacy kills inovation. Simple fact. Ask MS they know more than anyone Sad

People always want more/faster/prettier but want it to all come down free. Not just cost of software but cost of hardware to run said software.

We want 10000 more features, but by god it better run on my box that is 15 years old just like the version before did or I quite and am taking my ball home with me.

I agree that it sucks when your on the side of the line that is on longer supported, but there has to be a point where the devs can do what they want and it still allows the greatest number of people to enjoy their work as it is meant to be enjoyed Smile There is a really fine line between "it works" and "it is a truely enjoyable experience" and the line is always moving.

</rant>
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No video with XBMC 9.11-b1 [log posted]2