• 6(current)
No video with XBMC 9.11-b1 [log posted]
orvars Wrote:Where do I download the windows OpenGL on this siteHuh

Ok now I got the Open GL to work but and the videos plays but the fanart and the posters aren't showing up, any ideas?
orvars Wrote:can anyone tell me how to install the Open GL that I downloaded from http://sshcs.com/xbmc.

Thanks

From a quick look at the download I'd guess you just extract the XBMC folder into your C:\Program Files folder. If you already have XBMC installed back up the existing C:\program Files\XBMC folder then delete it.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:From a quick look at the download I'd guess you just extract the XBMC folder into your C:\Program Files folder. If you already have XBMC installed back up the existing C:\program Files\XBMC folder then delete it.

JR

Yup or download my or TeamXBMC installer, and then extract my OpenGL over the top of it.

Craig
Main Rig [Scorpius] - Core i7 2600k @ 5Ghz. 16 Gig DDR3 1600. 1x HD 6990 1x HD 4870 Hackintosh [Chiana] - Core i5 @ 3.8Ghz. 12 Gig DDR3 Linux [Moya] - Core2 Duo E8200 - 2 Gigs DDR2 800 WHS [Zhaan] - DualCore [email protected] - 4 Gigs DDR2 800 VMC [Jothee] Core2 Quad @ 2.8Ghz 4 Gigs DDR2 800 VMC [Aeryn] Core2 E8400 @ 3.0Ghz 2 Gigs DDR2 800 2TB Server [Talyn] Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.0Ghz - 8 Gigs DDR2 1066 FileServer [Crichton] P4 650 3.4GHz - 2 Gigs DDR
Yes thanks, I figured that out. Now the movies plays but it wont show any fanart, folders and posters. I have download that previously and it is stored in the folders under fanart.jpg, folders.jpg and posters. jpg.

Any ideas whats going on.
Pentium3 + RAEDON 9250 + 512MB + XPpro+SP2 + directx_aug2009_redist.exe

=>
Windows Media Center => video playback = OK
XBMC 9.04 => video playback = OK
MPLAYER (raw) => video playback = OK
media player classic => video playback = OK
etc.
XBMC 9.11 => video playback = WHITE SCREEN (sound ok) Shocked

Nod Nod PLEASE FIX PLEASE FIX PLEASE FIX PLEASE FIX Nod Nod
I thought I'd take a second to register and let everyone know I was able to fix this. The problem is most certainly a DirectX issue.

Here's my setup:
Windows 7 Pro x64
Asus GeForce 9800gtx (gts?) video
Latest nVidia drivers

Symptom:
Upgraded to 9.11 from older ver and got only a black screen during video playback. Everything else worked. Overlays, menus, etc.

Resolution:
Went overboard and downloaded the FULL DirectX SDK + Runtime from Microsoft.
Filename = DXSDK_Aug09.exe
Current Link = http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...laylang=en

After installing and without rebooting I firedup XBMC 9.11 again and presto! video was working again. Big Grin

Hope this helps!
Nerd
QuickNote Wrote:I thought I'd take a second to register and let everyone know I was able to fix this. The problem is most certainly a DirectX issue.

Here's my setup:
Windows 7 Pro x64
Asus GeForce 9800gtx (gts?) video
Latest nVidia drivers

Symptom:
Upgraded to 9.11 from older ver and got only a black screen during video playback. Everything else worked. Overlays, menus, etc.

Resolution:
Went overboard and downloaded the FULL DirectX SDK + Runtime from Microsoft.
Filename = DXSDK_Aug09.exe
Current Link = http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...laylang=en

After installing and without rebooting I firedup XBMC 9.11 again and presto! video was working again. Big Grin

Hope this helps!
Nerd

It didn't.
System: Windows Vista x64
Video: ATI Radeon 5770 / 9.12 drivers
Build: r27007 DX

Black screen, audio normal...though I did notice when pressing \ to switch to fullscreen the video is restored, but when trying to use any other "overlays" ie skin textures while video is playing, the video goes black and the controls show up.

Example changing the volume the popup makes the video go black. You can then press \ to go back to windowed mode and the video reappears. and the cycle repeats itself.

OpenGL build works only with basic shader, using advanced makes the screen flash solid colors when video is playing.

Any ideasHuh? Huh
Latest build and ati drivers, win7x64.

I get audio but video is flashing dark colors. Could this be an Aero issue?
I had this problem too.

I found that the latest XBMC requires a graphics card powerful enough to handle Pixel Shading greater than or equal to 2.0. My laptop is from about 2004 and I found my card only handled Pixel Shading 1.3. Unless you downgrade to an old XBMC I think we are fresh out of luck until we get new cards.

Or you can try updating your Directx drivers, but this didn't help for me.
s.p.gamgee Wrote:I had this problem too.

I found that the latest XBMC requires a graphics card powerful enough to handle Pixel Shading greater than or equal to 2.0. My laptop is from about 2004 and I found my card only handled Pixel Shading 1.3. Unless you downgrade to an old XBMC I think we are fresh out of luck until we get new cards.

Or you can try updating your Directx drivers, but this didn't help for me.

That's wrong. You can install the newest build, if it uses opengl, it will work.
Thanks LRa.

I didn't know there were unofficial builds that used opengl instead of directx.
Update on this, I found that if I uninstall the ATI Display Driver 9.12 and let window rediscover the hardware, it will install an older driver. Which makes video return in the DX builds. So it would seem something about the 9.12 driver and the current DX implementation don't play nice. Something with the shaders I would guess.
I have this exact problem as well.

I'm running the standard version of XBMC 9.11 (just downloaded) on an ASUS mobo with a HD3200 GPU and X2 240e CPU.

Has there been any updates on how to fix this?

I've seen everything from changing Direct X to using some unspecified OpenGL version of XBMC, but I've yet to see where to get it?

Any tips appreciated!

I'd love to post the debug log - but it's 156mb. And this is after I've had XBMC installed for less than 2 hours...

As a side note, XBMC runs at less than 15fps in fullscreen (1080p) in the menus? Anything I can do to speed it up some?

There's plenty of CPU power available for it to use, if possible...

Cheers in advance!

System info:
XBMC version: 9.11 R26017 (Compiled: Dec 23, 2009)
Ram: 2gb DDR2 @ 533mhz
CPU: Athlon II X2 240e
GPU: HD3200 (AMD 780G chipset)
Video driver: ATI 9.12

Edit2: I've managed to get a smaller log, but it's still around 800kb...
I've put it here:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5HCJX9Q2
Fafnr, you can get an openGL build here:

http://danielpatton.com/user-accounts/XB...459-gl.exe
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No video with XBMC 9.11-b1 [log posted]2