• 2(current)
No video with XBMC 9.11-b1 [log posted]
Yes, rolling back to the nightly build for OGL does resolve the problem for now...

However, I'm not sure if the OGL version will be supported in the future? I must admit I'm getting quite addicted to XBMC (it's really great stuff!) and I would really hope that either OGL will remain supported, or the white screen video issue in the DX version can be fixed...

I have seen some people commenting that is has todo with ATI cards, but there are also posts in this threat that mention nvidia cards having the same problem... ?
Rolling back to the stable version 9.04 worked with me as well; white screens appear with the directx version 9.11 beta. But I like the new speedy interface so much I enabled the use of an external VLC player, which isn't half bad too.
My old PC I'm using has a SiS on board chipset.
DirectX testing showed NO problems outside XBMC; all tests passed.
Can someone check the DSplayer and see if it renders video?
raedts Wrote:Well i found a "solution".
It does not fix the problem with directx, but it does fix xbmc.
Go to http://sshcs.com/xbmc/ and download the windows OpenGL version.
This one will work fine on your video card, not as fast as the directx version, but with video.

thanx for help. thats work
Same problem. I´m using an agp nvidia adapter. I definetively would like to keep 9.11 version but need to solve this issue...
kricker Wrote:Can someone check the DSplayer and see if it renders video?

I tried this, but my system hung as soon as I tried to play a Video. Have not put much efford into it to examine, but rolled back to version 9.04 and deleted advancedsettings.xml.
I also can't play video with XBMC 9.11 (white screen)
I have a laptop HP nx7010 with ATI Radeon 9200 graphics.

Any solution?
It seems that 9.11 will be unusable for us with old graphics... ? Sad
I'm getting no video as well since upgrading to a new ATI 5850 video card. It was working fine with my former Nvidia card...?

Edit: Nevermind, I was actually running the stable version and after upgrading to 9.11 b2, video playback is fine!
I tried the new beta2 version to verify if video would playback correctly.

Unfortunately I still get the white screen :-(

Is this related to my video card that only supports DX 8.1?
I'm getting white screen to using an 9200 SE which is all so directX 8.1 is this happing on opengl builds as well has any on testedHuh
using a opengl build the same video plays fine so i will use that instead as its not as if there are any real advantages to using directX its not as if I'm going to be using DXVA on my cardLaugh on the down side I don't think the GL build will be maintained for much longerHuh
I tried the new RC1 version - unfortunately same problem.
Video remains all white. All other functionality seems to work OK.

So I solved my problem in a different way - I got rid of the ATI card
and bought another video card based on the nvidia chipset.

Everthing works beautifully now Smile

The quality of the video has also much much improved. I don't think
I will ever buy an ATI card anymore.
I have the same problem on a Dell Optiplex SX270 running Windows XP SP3 with all updates. Unfortunately in my circumstance I cannot replace the graphics card (no option in the SX270 unless I go external). I have tested 9.11 A1, B1, B2, and RC1 on this same machine, same configuration and get the same results. I can rollback to the latest stable which seems to work as expected. This is supposed to be a Christmas present which I unfortunately have to give running the buggy stable, and once this bug is finally fixed I guess I will have to upgrade.

Are there actually developers looking into the cause of this or should I put on my gloves and hop in the ring? It seems that this issue has been around for quite some time so I am curious how other users are dealing with the issue (besides setting up external players, which is ugly at best).
Just tried the newly released XBMC 9.11: Camelot, however is has the same problem.
The OpenGL version works fine, but quite a bit slower.
Same here with XBMC 9.11.
Everything works fine except for white plane where video content should appear (video's sound renders fine). OpenGL version works fine and videos also render nicely in VLC on the same machine.

System:
Dell Inspiron 5100
ATI Mobility Radeon 7500 (with Omega driver 3.8.252)
Win XP SP3
DirectX 9.0c
VC 2008 SP1 redist
Display is standard laptop display - so no HDMI or refresh rate problem
Video thumbnails are generated correctly

Cheers, Jörg.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No video with XBMC 9.11-b1 [log posted]2