• 5(current)
XBMCLive 9.11 Beta1 released
Oh sorry, I didn't see it was linux forum !
I was searching topic of beta 1 and found only this one !
Forget what I said ! Big Grin
nanny07 Wrote:Anyone can try to switch audio track in a movie? Because when I do that the movie is also fastforward for 2sec
up Sad
Hello,
I have now also test run the beta1 one on My Asrock ION330. I installed to an USB disk as a non removable system. It is working pretty good but:

- Physical DVD does not play anymore
- The hardware DVD eject button does not work, No eject in the new default skin.
- For the first time I got an overscan problem after installation. I have not tried to re-config NVIDIA, calibration works fine. Not a big problem but strange that it happens now.

EDIT: After reboot with the DVD in, it does play. Not sure whats up with that.

I also still get a bad shuttering when opening a DVD iso when using digital passtrough to my my amp. It has always been like that and since I have no clue what more to try I just use analog instead....
I run into this now. I have only this in sources (see code). What should I put in there? I am trying to install nfs-common.

Code:
xbmc@dhcppc3:~$ sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list
  GNU nano 2.0.9          File: /etc/apt/sources.list

deb cdrom:[Ubuntu GNU/Linux 9.10 _Karmic_ - Build i386 LIVE/INSTALL Binary 2009$

Quote:Originally Posted by Neuer_User View Post
After installation of latest xbmc-live (on HDD) /etc/apt/sources.list only contains one entry (cdrom:\\).

l.capriotti Wrote:tks for notifying, I will fix this for next releases.
kees667 Wrote:I run into this now. I have only this in sources (see code). What should I put in there? I am trying to install nfs-common.

See first page of this thread for the answer Wink Last couple of posts..
Thanks, found it and updated from this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=445161&postcount=9

cejstrup Wrote:See first page of this thread for the answer Wink Last couple of posts..
Hi Luigi,
just update xbmc-live and got this error:

(Reading database ... 132222 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking xbmc-live (from .../xbmc-live_9.11~beta1-karmic2_i386.deb) ...
Setting up xbmc-live (9.11~beta1-karmic2) ...
[: 120: #: unexpected operator

can you help? thx, ciao.
stormrev Wrote:Hi Luigi,
just update xbmc-live and got this error:

(Reading database ... 132222 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking xbmc-live (from .../xbmc-live_9.11~beta1-karmic2_i386.deb) ...
Setting up xbmc-live (9.11~beta1-karmic2) ...
[: 120: #: unexpected operator

can you help? thx, ciao.

did you search ? I'm betting no, since I and someone else have already posted this same error.
Board: Zotac ION-A-U Case: M350 Mini ITX Memory: 4GB Patriot PC6400 OS: XBMC on OpenELEC.tv build 6936 on a Corsair 32GB SSD Media Storage: W2K8 running on 14TB RAID 5 on an Asrock board w/ AMD Athlon X2 250 and PERC 6/I controller w/ 8 Samsung HD204UI Green drives Time to interface from power switch: 22.4 seconds.
nakaroto24 Wrote:Any body else not getting the internal dvd-drives detected??

Yep, no DVD-Drive in "add sources" or file-explorer.

When i put in a video-DVD it plays fine though with autoplay or the play-button.

when i add

<source>
<name>ISO</name>
<path>iso9660://</path>
</source>

this to my sources.xml i can browse the content.

Running Beta1 on karmic with an Zotac ION330.
Using the LiveCD of Alpha2 everything is fine
Does anyone know the location to the Confluence skin on XBMC Live? I thought it was in the ~/<user>/.xbmc/skin-folder, but this folder is empty...?
Kodi v17 "Krypton" Beta 6 running on Amazon Fire TV (2014) with FLIRC receiver.
/usr/share/xbmc/skin
queeup Wrote:/usr/share/xbmc/skin

Thanks. My only issue is that samba seems to behave erratic. When I reboot, there's a 50 procent chance the samba server is loaded, 50 procent it is not (and I have to start smbd and nmbd manually). Clues, anyone?

Running the latest XBMC Live (Beta 1 Karmic 5) on a Point of View ION-MB330-1
Kodi v17 "Krypton" Beta 6 running on Amazon Fire TV (2014) with FLIRC receiver.
Just installed the 9.11 version on an Asrock 330 ION. Have followed the Aspire Revo installation guide on avsforum. Just wanted to check if other persons have the same experience as myself. I find that normal operation works fine but that a number of movies stutters a bit, or rather pulsates a bit if you follow (jitter?). I tried an installation of Win7 and MPC-HC and my feeling is that this actually works better (smoother)
I have a Samsung 646 with HDMI. There's no trashing and even though the uneven (pulsating) playing isn't all that noticeable it irritates me.
Do the rest of you with ION computers have this problem?
Is there any way to have XBMC restart itself in case it crashes? It used to restart itself in Live 9.04, but now it just exits to the console.

I also can't get the svn repo installer to list scripts and stuff. SVN repo installer starts ok, but when trying to enter a folder nothing happens.
x5nder Wrote:Thanks. My only issue is that samba seems to behave erratic. When I reboot, there's a 50 procent chance the samba server is loaded, 50 procent it is not (and I have to start smbd and nmbd manually). Clues, anyone?

Running the latest XBMC Live (Beta 1 Karmic 5) on a Point of View ION-MB330-1

I had this issue, and though i searched alot i found no real good solutions, fstab did the same thing. Most likely it's trying to mount the shares before the nic is initialized...

I added a script to /etc/rc.local instead, that fixed the issue :

Added to rc.local (change path to where you place the script) :

Quote:./home/xbmc/scripts/mount.sh

And this is my very simple mount script with a sleeper in it (edit script to your particular needs of course, and change user/pass if you mount network shares) :

Quote:sleep 5s
sudo mount -t ntfs /dev/sda3 /home/xbmc/media/asrockhdd
sudo mount -t cifs //10.0.0.2/movies /home/xbmc/media/movies -o username=*,password=*,iocharset=utf8,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777
sudo mount -t cifs //10.0.0.2/tvseries /home/xbmc/media/tvseries -o username=*,password=*,iocharset=utf8,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0$
sudo mount -t cifs //10.0.0.2/tvseries2 /home/xbmc/media/tvseries2 -o username=*,password=*,iocharset=utf8,file_mode=0777,dir_mode$
sudo mount -t cifs //10.0.0.2/mp3 /home/xbmc/media/mp3 -o username=*,password=*,iocharset=utf8,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777
sudo mount -t cifs //10.0.0.2/tools /home/xbmc/media/tools -o username=*,password=*,iocharset=utf8,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777
sudo mount -t cifs //10.0.0.4/temp /home/xbmc/media/laptop -o username=*,password=*,iocharset=utf8,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777

Might not be a fancy or politically correct solution, but hey i'm a total linux n00b, and it did the trick for my asrock 330 ion Smile

Hope it helps !
ynwa
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCLive 9.11 Beta1 released0