• 7(current)
XBMCLive 9.11 Beta1 released
A few bug that I have found but I don't know if someone else have to:

- When I switch language in a mkv, the movie is also fastforwarded 2x for one second
- When I use the audio with HDMI, when I press pause and then play I have no sound for just 2 seconds. On the other hand it's all normal if I use the analog output like aux. (driver video problem? I have the 190.42 from https://launchpad.net/~nvidia-vdpau/+archive/ppa)
- If I start my htpc (asrock ion 330) without a video connection plugged-in, and then connect it, I have no video output

Anyone else have those problems?
could XBMC ever give the option of outputting at native resolution of file being played ?

ie a DVD would be played at 480p - and then the video output would switch to 480p - with the TV itself then doing the scaling ...

just don't seem to get good result for DVD playback really Sad - the software render definately seems to be less capable than hardware accelerated one (VDPAU) - but you can't se VDPAU with SD MPEG2 ...

bizarely I get better results with the same video file, it rencoded to H264, then playedback - (using VDPAU upscaling, its noise reduction and light sharpening) vs the original file played back in software mode Sad

in software mode- even with deinterlacing turned off - I get jaggies, for instance on titles etc
Would someone mind explaining to me the steps needed to update the Beta2 Live install to the latest Beta2 SVN PPA's? Having some issues with Library mode crashing XBMC and hope that perhaps its fixed by now.

apt-get update/upgrade does not pickup anything by default and yes I am a Linux newbie.

Appreciate the help!
Sad 
Hi,

Since I've lastly uprageded XBMC on my Ubuntu Karmic, i'm running Version*9.11~beta1-karmic2 with those packages :

Code:
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc/karmic-ppa/ubuntu karmic main

Please note that Ubuntu was'nt upgraded, it's just XBMC who
This version seems to be buggy for me :
  • When I use local XBMC : files are displayed in the sources folders
  • When I use XBMC remotely with the box of my French ISP (Free), no files are displayed anymore.
Is there another deb conf to get latest stable release ?
Thanks Smile

Edit : http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/8031
Edit2 : still looking for stable repo ...
Ronald Pagan Wrote:Using an MCE remote and I can't wake the computer up from suspend using the remote. Must press the power button.

Im having the samme issue. Have to press power button where on 9.04 it worked perfectly.
hi,

i´ve build a live usb with grub(for experimental things) and it works out of the box very well.

but after i configure samba,lirc, lcdproc and reboot......

it boot up to xbmc and shows only the mouse cursor and the black background of the confluence skin...... i dont know why.... i never touch such things...

my hdd install works well....

greetz muggi
vikjon0 Wrote:Hello,
I have now also test run the beta1 one on My Asrock ION330. I installed to an USB disk as a non removable system. It is working pretty good but:

- Physical DVD does not play anymore
- The hardware DVD eject button does not work, No eject in the new default skin.
- For the first time I got an overscan problem after installation. I have not tried to re-config NVIDIA, calibration works fine. Not a big problem but strange that it happens now.

EDIT: After reboot with the DVD in, it does play. Not sure whats up with that.

I also still get a bad shuttering when opening a DVD iso when using digital passtrough to my my amp. It has always been like that and since I have no clue what more to try I just use analog instead....

Im having the same issue with DVD playback. It will just restart XBMC, but if I do a reboot of the system it will play whatever DVD is currently in the tray.

Has there been any fix for this? I've also noticed it with the first version of Camelot.
There is already a ticket open here for the DVD problems. Seems like there are more affected by this.
Buckster Wrote:could XBMC ever give the option of outputting at native resolution of file being played ?

ie a DVD would be played at 480p - and then the video output would switch to 480p - with the TV itself then doing the scaling ...

just don't seem to get good result for DVD playback really Sad - the software render definately seems to be less capable than hardware accelerated one (VDPAU) - but you can't se VDPAU with SD MPEG2 ...

bizarely I get better results with the same video file, it rencoded to H264, then playedback - (using VDPAU upscaling, its noise reduction and light sharpening) vs the original file played back in software mode Sad

in software mode- even with deinterlacing turned off - I get jaggies, for instance on titles etc

hit the enter key to change view modes...at least i think thats what it is, select the "original" option...there you go native resolution. I'm not quite sure tho because i know it's the "ok" key on my remote that switches views
Board: Zotac ION-A-U Case: M350 Mini ITX Memory: 4GB Patriot PC6400 OS: XBMC on OpenELEC.tv build 6936 on a Corsair 32GB SSD Media Storage: W2K8 running on 14TB RAID 5 on an Asrock board w/ AMD Athlon X2 250 and PERC 6/I controller w/ 8 Samsung HD204UI Green drives Time to interface from power switch: 22.4 seconds.
Evanrich - thanks for reply

yes that method changes the view method - but if you were watching 480p content, and selected "original" - you'd get a 480p picture as a box inside a outputted 1080p signal from the HTPC

what I'm wondering is if it is possible for it to switch to a 480p output from the HTPC

would be great for those using external scalers etc Smile
nanny07 Wrote:A few bug that I have found but I don't know if someone else have to:

- When I switch language in a mkv, the movie is also fastforwarded 2x for one second
- When I use the audio with HDMI, when I press pause and then play I have no sound for just 2 seconds. On the other hand it's all normal if I use the analog output like aux. (driver video problem? I have the 190.42 from https://launchpad.net/~nvidia-vdpau/+archive/ppa)
- If I start my htpc (asrock ion 330) without a video connection plugged-in, and then connect it, I have no video output

I have some of the same problems and others:

Like nanny07, audio over hdmi doesn't start with the video after pausing and starting videos for about 2 seconds, havnt checked with a different audio output.

Attempting to play ogm files crashes xbmc, returning to the home page. Ogm files have dual audio and subtitles if that helps, havnt tried other ogm files yet.

I am using xbmc-live installed to HD on an acer aspire revo 4gb ram, xbmc is upto date with beta 1 and apt-get upgrade
Just tried a .ogm file which, when played on Live 9.11 beta1 has no audio. I then tried it on 9.04 and both audio and video played back correctly. So... a little different from the above post.
nanny07 Wrote:- If I start my htpc (asrock ion 330) without a video connection plugged-in, and then connect it, I have no video output

From past experience the video output from POST will default to VGA if a HDMI connection is not detected, this is common for PCs. My Asrock ION 330 is connected via HDMI to receiver to TV and if I forget to switch the receiver or TV on before I boot the pc then I get no video output until I reboot.
tlipur Wrote:Just installed it tonight on my revo 330.

Im having a problem with the audio. Im hooking it up to my receiver via optical toslink and i cant hear anyone talking. The dts light does come on the receiver.

I spent 30 min messing around with it and couldn't get it to work... clueless as to why it doesn't work

I have a similar problem on my R3610 too, where the sound works fine in Ubuntu, XBMC menu nav and playing MP3s etc (so correct audio out is set), but when playing MKVs etc, in order to get sound I have to force it to pickup DD or DTS by changing the sound options whilst it plays i.e. either changing audio track or selecting "output to all channels" and then deselecting it again.

I assumed it was a driver problem, but then, why would it work when forced.. surely it just wouldn't work at all?
Hi all,

It seems that the 100% CPU utilization bug is still present in SVN (Built on Dec 9 2009 (SVN:25484)). There is a bug (with patch for a possible fix) open about this, but there have been no updates for two weeks. Is this bug still on the radar of the devs? If needed I can recreate the problem and send in any required info.

bug url: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/7546

Cheers,
F
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCLive 9.11 Beta1 released0