• 5(current)
To-Do List - Something missing? (No more requests please)
One request I have regarding Pictures.

When viewing in thumbnails mode, folders are displayed with 4 thumbnails of pictures it contains. When you highlight the folder, nowhere can you see the actual name of the folder. I have to guess by one of the 4 thumbnails which ones it is.
I'd like the highlight folder name to be displayed in the upper left corner, where the current folder is actually displayed.
Dont know if this has been requested, but i would like if possible to be able to change how many rows being displayed in viewtype musicwall.
Music playback could use some time info on the info osd. :p Not a major flaw, but ya know.
Didn't really notice this was missing until I started listening to dj mixes and audio books, both of which can be hours in length.
hikaricore Wrote:Music playback could use some time info on the info osd. :p Not a major flaw, but ya know.
Didn't really notice this was missing until I started listening to dj mixes and audio books, both of which can be hours in length.

I second that. I admit the music part is a bit light.
Would it be a lot of trouble to split the option to hide fanart into one for Movies & one for TV Shows? Or even worth the time to anyone other than me, for that matter?

The reason I ask is that I really like the Movie Poster view but find that most fanart is hidden and therefore not really worth turning on in that view. With TV Shows, however, I like the Banner view with fanart on as I can see most of it due to the smaller size of the banners.

Just curious & would love it if you could do it. Thanks.
I use XBMC on my Mac mini, and I was wondering of Alaska could gain better Apple Remote support. I mean, it's tricky to go back one level with only on button ("menu") as it'll take me back to the home screen. Instead, I have to scroll all the way up to the parent folder item and navigate backwards.
Amra Wrote:Would it be a lot of trouble to split the option to hide fanart into one for Movies & one for TV Shows? Or even worth the time to anyone other than me, for that matter?

The reason I ask is that I really like the Movie Poster view but find that most fanart is hidden and therefore not really worth turning on in that view. With TV Shows, however, I like the Banner view with fanart on as I can see most of it due to the smaller size of the banners.

Just curious & would love it if you could do it. Thanks.

I second the motion.
I find it very difficult to play/pause music while browsing the Library using the Apple Remote. Is there a way you can add some sort of music control popup somehow?
Ok, looks I'm being a bit to picky today... Huh
I was trying out the Pictures feature, since I haven't used it for a while. I can't seem to be able to run a slideshow for any given folder. I can only run a Random Slideshow of ALL my photos. How can I select a slideshow for the folder I'm currently browsing? Is the feature there?
I might have missed it, but would it be possible to select music playlists from the music submenu in the home screen?

Thanks
When you play a file that you have played before the options for resume playback and start from the beginning are not that clear, would be easier on the eye if there were a radio button.

The settings menu when browsing movies/shows could be tidier, something sliding up from the bottom of the screen would be cool.
Not sure if this has been up earlier, but is it possible to get another view for movies? I like the look of the "fanart" view, but I would like it with regular posters/thumbs instead.
Best wishes Hitcher!

I have a feature request. Can we change the big "paused" overlay to the paused sign? Aeon65 even has this feature selectable.

As Alaska is such a smooth and minimal skin, I think the big paused text is a little too much in the face, the icon would be more subtle. My opinion ofcourse Nerd
Do you have any plans to add a "Trailer" view at any point?
I realize that you can view trailers from the info page, but something like the view in various Aeon mods would be nice.
I've been thinking like the playing window in the bottom left corner but about twice the size would be suitable?
Trailers need not be full screen anyway, and this wouldn't take away from the overall simplicity of the skin.

Just a thought. :p
Most, actually I think all, views in Alaska have 2 ways to reach the options/context menu by pressing the opposite way in which you are navigating.

If you want a quick and easy trailer mod in Poster view, put this in(Viewtype_Poster.xml):
Quote:<ondown>XBMC.PlayMedia($INFO[ListItem.Trailer],1,noresume)</ondown>

in place of what was there:
Quote:<ondown>7000</ondown>

Now they play in the small 'Now Playing' box, do the same for any other view you want.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
To-Do List - Something missing? (No more requests please)0