• 4(current)
To-Do List - Something missing? (No more requests please)
could you ad a playlist on start...
I like this skin.... good job!
cheers
+1 for startup playlist & cover flow for music. thanks for all your hard work.
Some things i really miss and would like to see beeing implemented in an otherwise awesome skin!

1. A of summary of watched/unwatched movies and tv episodes.
2. Aired date on tv episodes.
3. Favorites as a sub category for movies.
I would like a media flag for Subtitles.

Hitcher mentioned "no more flags", so it could be an option to use it instead of the Language flag?

That way it won't take up any more space and we could actually use the same flag (at least for English) as the Language flag is using right now (the [ENG] flag).

Thanks Smile
Are you planning on implementing more movie views? The skin looks great, but I could imagine a better movie layout, perhaps utilizing extrathumbs or something like that Smile
I love my Mac Mini :;):
UnisonRuss Wrote:Are you planning on implementing more movie views? The skin looks great, but I could imagine a better movie layout, perhaps utilizing extrathumbs or something like that Smile

This type of thing has been discussed before. Hitcher and crew are adamant about maintaining the clean aesthetics of the skin for their release.

If you have a concept in mind concerning layout and functionality of the view you mentioned, throw a mockup or sketch together. (suggested mocks don't need to be fancy... chuck it together using MS paint...) Your idea might not be used by the Alaska crew, but it may inspire one of the many modders to take your idea and run with it.
Or you could simply use Aeon.
It has a view exactly like that. :p
I would love it when Alaska would get an option for "going into the movie info screen automatically after pausing on a movie a few seconds". The transition between the movie poster view and the info screen is beautiful, And I would love it when Alaska opens that automatically after a few seconds. The old Aeon had it, the current Aeon has it in the form of multiplex (but that kind of view would not fit the clean look of Alaska).
Changes are I am alone on this.... but to make it an on/of option... Would be Magnificent...
Joy In Repitition
It would be cool to have a feature to adjust transparency on the skin... for instance we could have it so the fanart is more noticeable, and adjust it. The PlexAlaska skin has this option and it is very nice Smile
UnisonRuss Wrote:It would be cool to have a feature to adjust transparency on the skin... for instance we could have it so the fanart is more noticeable, and adjust it. The PlexAlaska skin has this option and it is very nice Smile

I agree, I would love a fanart transparency settings option. backdrops in the homescreen would also be nice, at the right transparency I imagine it would enhance the skin even further.
Thanks for the hard work hitcher.
tmc701 Wrote:This type of thing has been discussed before. Hitcher and crew are adamant about maintaining the clean aesthetics of the skin for their release.

If you have a concept in mind concerning layout and functionality of the view you mentioned, throw a mockup or sketch together. (suggested mocks don't need to be fancy... chuck it together using MS paint...) Your idea might not be used by the Alaska crew, but it may inspire one of the many modders to take your idea and run with it.

That makes sense, and I totally respect Hitcher's decision to keep it clean. Maybe instead there could be plot info. added to some of the views. I really like the poster view, but I bet if the plot description was below it, or to the side of it, it would look really stunning Smile Currently the only view with Plot info. is fanart... I bet plot info. could at least be added to the Square view Smile

By the way you are doing a great job on the skin Hitcher! This is still a very new skin, yet it functions like a skin that has been available for a while Smile If the ability to change transparency becomes available, as well as plot info. added into more views this would definitely become my default skin Cool
Batemann Wrote:I would love it when Alaska would get an option for "going into the movie info screen automatically after pausing on a movie a few seconds". The transition between the movie poster view and the info screen is beautiful, And I would love it when Alaska opens that automatically.

I would be happy to have it when you click on the movie, it takes you to the info screen. Once there, it would default to going back on the next click or, there would also be the option of starting the movie from the Info screen by clicking that button.

The info screen is nice looking and on my remote, you have to hold the 'back' button to bring up the menu to get to it. Not very intuitive for someone sitting down to the system for the first time.

I think there is enough going on with the screens now without adding more images and clutter.
JDizzy Wrote:The info screen is nice looking and on my remote, you have to hold the 'back' button to bring up the menu to get to it. Not very intuitive for someone sitting down to the system for the first time.
I've requested that pressing 'i' again leaves the info screen on the trac.
font13 is so small, suggest to set the size to 23
All cosmetic stuff here:
Several items I've noticed in the Movie or TV areas,

When viewing with File mode, when you go to the Info screen, there is no poster there. When in Poster mode, there is a poster displayed on the Info screen. Was this by design?

Also, when in the Info screen/Cast, is it possible to highlight the actor so you know which one you are looking at. In the Info screen, it is hard to tell where you are at because nothing is highlighted. (just a thought).

And, when you do choose an actor, it searches your system, and brings up a black box with the results. Let's say the black box is 3" square, only half of the box is being used to display the text (1.5"), then the text scrolls. Why isn't the entire box used? (it just doesn't look right IMHO).

Lastly, when you bring up the OSD while watching movies, let's say you want to change contrast, the box that pops up at top/right screen is yellow on white making it very hard to see.

Thanks for your efforts!
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
To-Do List - Something missing? (No more requests please)0