• 5(current)
XBMC on Acer Revo 3610 & Windows 7
Mavinwow Wrote:I just set up my 3610 and am getting horrible wifi speeds. With my laptop in the same room I get 15 mbit downloads, and yet the revo is under 1.

Thoughts? I updated windows and the wifi drivers.

The wifi throughput seems to be far better under Linux, has anyone got the wifi to work well under Windows?

To be honest, the only reason to run the Revo under Windows in the first place is if you don't know Linux (and don't want to learn) since the performance is far better under Linux. And, keep in mind the majority of the XBMC development is targeted and motivated by XBMC running under Linux.
So...I followed the instruction on how to dual boot XBMC and Win 7. Worked without a hitch! My problem is Linux. First timer.

When XBMC crashes into the Linux Dos prompt...how do I just get back into XBMC without having to restart the system? (I used CTRL-ALT-DEL and it worked on restarting the REVO), but I just want to go straight back into XBMC.

Also, how do I download and install skins? I looked in XBMC's RepoInstaller and the only skin I see is BASIC. When I Look in the XBOX-SKINS - There are lots of skins, but do not work properly.

Is it possible to boot into a Linux Windows type environment to use a browser and other stuff?
If you install the Crystal HD-chip (BroadCom BCM70012) in the Mini PCI-E Slot, then it will work perfectly under Windows 7.
athloni Wrote:If you install the Crystal HD-chip (BroadCom BCM70012) in the Mini PCI-E Slot, then it will work perfectly under Windows 7.

I just saw the new entry on the site's main page. Looks really interesting. Does it already work? I mean, if I install that, will the current version of XBMC work right away with 720p and 1080p movies?
I think I kinda read that they would have to update XBMC to actually work with this technology.
Dear anthonyb1985
Please do, several of us have been searching for a solution to dual boot xbmc live with xp or 7

Your solution for an additional partition to share media is brilliant, what formatting did you use?

anthonyb1985 Wrote:Im currently running XBMCLive 9.11 b1 as well as Windows 7 on one machine.

I also have a third partition set to

hold all of my media which I can access via smb:// from other computers on my network for easy transfer as well as win7 and xbmc.

Thinking about writing out a guide.. anyone interested?
@joebanana: to get Crystal HD support you will need to compile the latest development version of XBMC. I understand the Windows version has just had the Crystal HD support added. Several people provide compiled versions of the development builds if you don't fancy compiling it yourself. See http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=62109.

JR
why would you do thisHuh

even under Win7, with external player (MPC-HC, for instance) you'd get HW DXVA.

i don't see the need or justification to pay for a chip whose functionality you already have and have to void the warranty on your revo to install.
hellohello Wrote:why would you do thisHuh

Because for a small cost you simplify playing 1080p. If you don't mind configuring an external player then fine, but as soon as I can get a Crystal HD I will be putting it in my Revo.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:Because for a small cost you simplify playing 1080p. If you don't mind configuring an external player then fine, but as soon as I can get a Crystal HD I will be putting it in my Revo.

JR

Can you please share you experience with the Crystal HD card on the Revo as soon as you get one?
anyone with a Revo 1600 try xbmc either with the new dsplayer or mp-hc ?
I have a Revo 3610 *preloaded with Windows 7 64 Bit). Had success using mp-hc as an external player for flawless HD. Last night I loaded up the DSPlayer branch of Camelot recommended in this post
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=4...post474788

Works great and is much less clunky than the external player approach.

Remember to set advancedsettings.xml to use dsplayer as your default player (code is contained at the beginning of the thread referenced above).
Until DSPlayer has subtitles support, it will not use it.
You guys convinced me, I just ordered a revo 3610 on ebay, can't wait to get it and try this little baby Big Grin

The good old xbox just can't take it anymore with all the new skins and a big library.
Hardware: Revo 3610 + SSD - Harmony 700 Remote
Software: XBMCBuntu Gotham - Sickbeard - SabNZBd+

thinking of getting one of these Revo's, but would like to use Windows XBMC so I can also load on Squeezebox Server.

The Revo ships with Windows 64-bit - how much of a problem will this be? Will I have to install 32-bit Windows (Don't really fancy spending another £ 75 on another version of Windows)
joebanana Wrote:Until DSPlayer has subtitles support, it will not use it.

Tip: Buy a Crystal HD card for € 15 on eBay and put it in your Revo 3610.
That's the only thing you need to do for hardware accelerated video and you still have the possibility to use subtitlles!
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on Acer Revo 3610 & Windows 70