• 7(current)
XBMC on Acer Revo 3610 & Windows 7
athloni Wrote:No need for Crystal HD anymore!

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=69306

Your right, better to not work on the one technology that accelerates across all platforms (Windows, Linux, OSX). Much better to work on something that is Windows Vista/7 specific (no support for XP). Especially when the main developers of XBMC use Linux and OSX.

Oh wait a minute.........

Please think before writing next time. Grumpy Friday morning comment over.....

Tolax
athloni Wrote:No need for Crystal HD anymore!

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=69306

Works perfectly on my 3610. Vanilla XBMC nightly install...all 720p/1080p videos I've tried work fine in dvdplayer.
tolax Wrote:Your right, better to not work on the one technology that accelerates across all platforms (Windows, Linux, OSX). Much better to work on something that is Windows Vista/7 specific (no support for XP). Especially when the main developers of XBMC use Linux and OSX.

Tolax

Rolleyes

So basically you're dissing elupus for spending time on this. Nice job.
tolax Wrote:Your right, better to not work on the one technology that accelerates across all platforms (Windows, Linux, OSX). Much better to work on something that is Windows Vista/7 specific (no support for XP). Especially when the main developers of XBMC use Linux and OSX.

Tolax

XP is so 9 years ago! Tongue

I for one am glad that DXVA is finally here for XBMC, the devs do amazing work, stop dissing them and STFU Big Grin
Hardware: Revo 3610 + SSD - Harmony 700 Remote
Software: XBMCBuntu Gotham - Sickbeard - SabNZBd+

The Crystal HD is a more elegant solution because it works on all operating systems through a single API. It's like having a math coprocessor.

But ...

Math coprocessors are a standard part of every computer these days so everything supports them. Unless the Crystal HD becomes standard as well few apps will support it and Broadcom will eventually give up and discontinue it.

I imagine Broadcom will be hoping to sell chips to the mobo manufacturers to get them included as standard. We'll see what happens, though I'm not optimistic.

Just out of curiousity, if the Crystal HD were already built into every PC would we have switched to DirectX for XBMC or would we have stayed with OpenGL? That is, with a Crystal HD is the OpenGL build a match for the DirectX build?

JR
Therms Wrote:Rolleyes

So basically you're dissing elupus for spending time on this. Nice job.

Not dissing anyone (well maybe apart from the person who wrote 'No need for CrystalHD' anymore). Using Win7 and DXVA myself and nothing but respect for Elpus, Tiben, Davilla et all.

My point was simply that CrystalHD is cross platform which is something that DirectX, VDPAU etc are not. Therefore 'no need for CrystalHD' is inaccurate (well at the minimum premature)

Down fanboys, down

Tolax

Tolax

except this thread is about the 3610. and last i checked, no 3610 machines came with a crystal hd card. but most are coming with windows. duh.
hi guys begging for some help here trying to configure xbmc network so as to be able to access file on win 7, is this possible. o far have spent hours with no luck, pls pls can some of you experts help me begging pls help

markdHuh:confused2:
i8 want to play 1080P on my acer revo 3600.

is that possible?
MARKD1505 Wrote:hi guys begging for some help here trying to configure xbmc network so as to be able to access file on win 7, is this possible. o far have spent hours with no luck, pls pls can some of you experts help me begging pls help

markdHuh:confused2:

Yes Markd it is possible. Make sure you are using simple sharing and not advanced sharing on the win7 box. Make sure both your machines are in the same workgroup - I don't think this is mandatory but it's easier. browse to the share via the add share option. Make sense? PM if you need further help, as well search the forums, there will be an answer already I'm sure
yeah thanks for that but for got to mention both win7 and xbmc live are on same machine , and that have partitioned drive for xbmc live.
there for can find it through win 7 share files.

many thanks again
mark
MARKD1505 Wrote:yeah thanks for that but for got to mention both win7 and xbmc live are on same machine , and that have partitioned drive for xbmc live.
there for can find it through win 7 share files.

many thanks again
mark

um what? if you're booting into xbmc live then windows 7 is obviously not running and thus obviously not sharing files.
iblastoff Wrote:um what? if you're booting into xbmc live then windows 7 is obviously not running and thus obviously not sharing files.

Que?

Why would he not be able to access the Win 7 partition from the XBMC Live partition?
Anyone compare DXVA2 vs Broadcom performance in playing high bitrate 1080p files?
Newb question:

I have an ion 330 platform.

Does the VDPAU acceleration work the same under VISTA as it does 7? I have a spare vista license, but no 7 license.

Running linux with an xbmc autostart is obviously an option, but it's nice to have Word, Excel, etc available when I'd like it.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on Acer Revo 3610 & Windows 70