Will there be a Camelot-Final for XBOX?
Can someone explain to me why there is no camelot-beta1-xbox tag in SVN?
There was one for Babylon and Atlantis. Does that mean there will not be a Camelot-Final release for XBOXHuh?

I also noted that in the recent SVN builds there are a lot of empty/missing labels in the Settings Pane no matter which skin. I havent seen such flaws in the past. i am worried...

Cheers
There is ONE xbox developer. If he decides to tag a release that's up to him.

It's certainly nothing official from the XBMC team. We dropped xbox support ages ago.

The last xbox release that had any input from the team as a whole was 8.10 - Atlantis.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

funkytown Wrote:I also noted that in the recent SVN builds there are a lot of empty/missing labels in the Settings Pane no matter which skin. I havent seen such flaws in the past. i am worried...
All looks fine to me; try installing XBMC to a new folder and running from there as a test.

You can also take screenshots with the left thumbstick to better demonstrate what the problem areas look like.
XBMC Manual - BlackBolt - SVN Guide - Skin SVN - Wide Icon SVN - ROM Shortcut Generator
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me :P
well, maybe we could get an official final build for the XBOX and then move into items that will take way too much memory for xbox? I mean, I think we owe the XBOX that, it's our origin.

The main issues on XBMC for XBOX are UPnP support. It's been broken for a long time and arnova cannot fix it.

As for the issue in this post, I had that problem with a couple of builds, but it's no longer an issue.
Use mythicalLibrarian to make a library out of your MythTV files. Leave the recording to MythTV and use XBMC as your library.
Installation and Instructions:http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=MythicalLibrarian
Technical Support:http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=65644
[url=http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?tid=1081892][/url]
outleradam Wrote:well, maybe we could get an official final build for the XBOX and then move into items that will take way too much memory for xbox? I mean, I think we owe the XBOX that, it's our origin.

The main issues on XBMC for XBOX are UPnP support. It's been broken for a long time and arnova cannot fix it.

As for the issue in this post, I had that problem with a couple of builds, but it's no longer an issue.

That was the point with atlantis, to get one official final build before moving onto the HD era, why do you think we added a new skin, it was the first move into the HD era, and the last step in the SD.

Cheers,
Tobias
If you have problems please read this before posting

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
jmarshall Wrote:There is ONE xbox developer. We dropped xbox support ages ago.

I wasnt aware of that. Anyways its not like i was complaining. I just wanted to be clear about this. If there wont be a camelot release for xbox then i'd rather not go trough the pain of running (and testing) svn builds like in the past.

What i dont get though: Why didnt the XBOX dev just stick with the (quite) perfectly working Atlantis code and just update critical things like changes in the API, Python, etc so that plugin compatiblity is kept. That would be the most logically way IMO (and would probably also lower Arnovas workload while keeping the XBOX oldschoolers happy).

Im quite comfortable with the prospect of not having one of the newer skins on my box. The reason i was putting SVN builds on my box was mostly to meet requirements of plugins that i wanted to use but required more recent svn. Otherwise i'd had stuck with Atlantis.
Right now XBOX SVN is not in a conveniant state.

Bomb Bloke Wrote:You can also take screenshots with the left thumbstick to better demonstrate what the problem areas look like.

Code:
Platform: Xbox.  Built on Nov 25 2009 (SVN:24613, compiler 1310)

Image Image

Image Image
lots of changes to the language xmls. downgrade the xml and you will be fine.
blittan Wrote:lots of changes to the language xmls. downgrade the xml and you will be fine.

That worked - Thanks a load!
i really do hope that there will be a camelot final for xbox, why did team xbmc descide to stop xbox ver dev. thats what this piece of software was made for first, why abandon the baby now. she never has never failed. while yes i know she has little ram, but when ya look at it this way the xbox boots up faster for upnp streaming than any other system hands down. comon guys. you can't abandon the roots of XBMC (XBOX MEDIA CENTER).
I think Arnova does a dam fine job.... he has already said that there will be no Camelot as such... but SVN will continue his time permiting.

Your probably 2 years to late to try and drum up developers/support for the Xbox - I have no idea how to code for it simple as that.... Arnova put the Xbox Boots on but once they are off thats our lot...
PunisheR007 Wrote:i really do hope that there will be a camelot final for xbox, why did team xbmc descide to stop xbox ver dev. thats what this piece of software was made for first, why abandon the baby now. she never has never failed. while yes i know she has little ram, but when ya look at it this way the xbox boots up faster for upnp streaming than any other system hands down. comon guys. you can't abandon the roots of XBMC (XBOX MEDIA CENTER).

Why xbox is being abandoned, has the same answer as why don't you still use a Pentium 733 MHz with 64mb ram as your personal computer?

We have to choose, either limit the potential of xbmc (for other platforms than xbox) or evolve xbmc and remove anything that the xbox limits it to.

Ofcourse the xbox is the root, its a good system for SD content, but lets face it, its a soon to be 10 year old system.
As far as I understood the Xbox branch had no impact at all on other platforms... Huh

You wouldnt use a 733 machine as todays OS's have had huge amounts of bloat chucked at them but the Xbox with its small foot print was and still is capable of playing games that you would have to venture in to P4 territory to play... Half Life 2 for instance would not even install on a PIII..
Geeba Wrote:As far as I understood the Xbox branch had no impact at all on other platforms... Huh

Correct, but if we would officially support it and develop for this wouldn't be the case, then all new feature needs to work on xbox aswell.
If you have problems please read this before posting

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
I doubt any Xbox user is expecting all new features to work on Xbox - that is completely unrealistic, but to have a stable point release the same as the other platforms would I think make them still feel part of the community... I also have moved to Live/Windows builds but ol'faithfull still gets used a hell of allot... this is purely conversation before anyone dives in here.
As long as someone is willing and able to maintain the Xbox branch we can expect that.
Beyond that, your guess is as good as mine.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Will there be a Camelot-Final for XBOX?0