Will there be a Camelot-Final for XBOX?
You can also help !!!
Start testing and give some proper debug reports.

Otherwise stay with an old build !!!
babanoosh Wrote:What does Arnova have to do with it? With every new nightly build, xbmc for xbox trails just a little bit more in the dust. it's happening now with fanart memory requirements; lack of official confluence for xbox; default dvdplayer etc. Every time I update, I regret it. I have more video playback problems w/ common mpeg 4 formats now than I ever did before. That's called 'regression' not 'progression'. Xbox development and PC/Mac/Linux development cannot coexist indefinitely as a unified whole, but that's not going to happens as nobody is willing to fork on antiquated hw, which is understandable I suppose. But that's what we are seeing now. Arnova is simply porting these fundamental changes that cripple the xbox more day by day, nobody said it was his fault so please don't misconstrue my words.

And as far as locohost ramping up 'Team Xbox' with Arnova... puh lease, not very likely. A month has passed and this person hasn't done jack but pass lip service and blow a gasket on page 2.

Okay, I certainly have not seen the multitude of problems you're saying you have. And I am running the latest nightly builds.

And as far as locohost not doing anything, you may want to hold judgement until Arnova is back from holidays at least??

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
Cranial Wrote:Okay, I certainly have not seen the multitude of problems you're saying you have. And I am running the latest nightly builds.

And as far as locohost not doing anything, you may want to hold judgement until Arnova is back from holidays at least??

What multitude? I mentioned nothing other than playback problems with mpeg4 avi.

If you are referring to previous comment, then yes, it affects you. There is no official confluence for xbmc (though I'm running it now, it is not official), fanart memory problems are widely reported, even stickied I believe, dvd player IS default now for xbmc on xbox see: http://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/x...sion=25517, as with every other platform, though it doesn't work very well on xbox.

Before others chime in, this is not a complaint, this is merely reality.
Waffa Wrote:You can also help !!!
Start testing and give some proper debug reports.

Otherwise stay with an old build !!!
help with what? xbox devs have already stated as much. I'm just stating the obvious, and not to be taken personally. every day, the disparity between xbox build and all other builds grows.
Waffa Wrote:Otherwise stay with an old build !!!
Good idea. Sticking with r23183 for the forseeable future. I don't believe anyone with a ~150 vid library and transparency v2.01 or v2.11, or confluence (xbox), even with scaled down 960x540 fan art and deletion of views is having any luck with these memory allocation errors that were not so prevalent in previous, but recent builds.
Now that camelot is available for everything except xbox I guess we have an answer. When I heard it was released I immediately went to check for thexbox version. To my dismay there is nothing. Oh well, my current configuration works well enough but it would have been exciting to see an overhaul.
Geessssss..... Babanoosh - got no idea what memory errors your on about... maybe do what Waffa says and log a ticket for Arnova to take a look at - resize your fanart, use a lighter skin... Xbox started it as a community project and with Xbox friendly software always being added ie confluence now has friendly textures... I'll continue to use mine.

I thought it was kinda obvious Xbox had officailly stopped over a year ago - but like I said before Arnova does a great job and I was mearly asking if locohost had made any movement on what he had said earlier in the thread.
Hi guys,

since 9.11 is not for xbox could someone please let me know what was the last official/stable release and where to get it. I am currently running xmbc pre-9.04 (Jan 25, 2009).

Thanks
Geeba Wrote:Geessssss..... Babanoosh - got no idea what memory errors your on about...
The problem is well known and even stickied
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=39513 However, there have been numerous threads that I've seen regarding memory allocation and I don't even keep up anymore.
Geeba Wrote:G
maybe do what Waffa says and log a ticket for Arnova to take a look at -
Why? Will Arnova magically make my xbox have 512MB of RAM, and make xbmc recognize all of it?? :p. I did follow Waffa's suggestion to use an earlier build and I'm happy. Right now playing with Ember Media Manager in fact, and loving it!
Geeba Wrote:resize your fanart,
Done that, but moot in the context of this thread
Geeba Wrote:use a lighter skin...
I prefer Transparency. But again, moot to the topic at hand. Either that or actually accentuates my point regarding the 'unified whole' versus the red headed stepson, formally known as 'xbox'. It's not about how to hackney fix xbox xbmc so it's 'semi-comparable' to the others I'm driving at. It's about how xbox is really no longer part of the pack, to which you acknowledge yourself, so not sure what you are driving at.
Geeba Wrote:Xbox started it as a community project
Wow really? I was running xbmc in 2004 and xbmp before that before the overwhelming majority using it now even knew what it was. Where were you? I commend the effort put forth by every dev/skinner/modder on here, but this is all besides the point. I wish you would please quit misconstruing my statements.
Geeba Wrote:and with Xbox friendly software always being added ie confluence now has friendly textures... I'll continue to use mine.
Great. So will I. Confluence is the official xbmc skin now yet it is missing from the xbox svn, and short of a hackneyed approach (i.e. convert texures from xbt to xpr) it doesn't display correctly on the xbox, nevermind certain memory constraints while utilizing native fan art and media flags. You call this xbox friendly?
Geeba Wrote:I thought it was kinda obvious Xbox had officailly stopped over a year ago
Apparently not, by virtue of this thread and peoples' concerns with an 'official Xbox Camelot Final', whatever that means. A PC/Mac/Linux final and an Xbox final cannot be one in the same thing, is all I was driving at. Xbox should be a separate fork if it is to exist at this point, much like Plex is for Mac but that won't happen due to lack of interest in dead hardware.

I agree with the spirit of the original question in that there should be one last stable finalized version that is 'xbox-optimized', and then be done with it, IMHO.

Geeba Wrote:but like I said before Arnova does a great job and I was mearly asking if locohost had made any movement on what he had said earlier in the thread.
Yes he does. Again, I never said nor implied otherwise. I wasn't trying to call you out on locohost either, more than I was just apathetically expressing my opinion on locohost's action on this project (or lackthereof). I apologize if I've offended you.
Stop yelling. Arnova is still enjoying his holidays and once the xbox branch is up to date packagers/releasers like t3ch (or others) will release a camelot-like release.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
other than confluence, what does camelot offer over babylon?
Condensed Changelog
Not all of that stuff is applicable, nor has it necessarily been backported to, the xbox branch. A separate change log would have to be generated.
"Wow really? I was running xbmc in 2004 and xbmp before that before the overwhelming majority using it now even knew what it was. Where were you? "

Yep me too - didnt realize it was a competition thou? I tended to hack for Linux or Emulators but knew/used MP and MC.

"I commend the effort put forth by every dev/skinner/modder on here, but this is all besides the point. I wish you would please quit misconstruing my statements."

Well maybe you should try not to whinge or sound like you are so much? Just a thought? no offense meant

"I agree with the spirit of the original question in that there should be one last stable finalized version that is 'xbox-optimized', and then be done with it, IMHO"

Maybe - but IMHO options are best kept to yourself - Arnova is happy to continue and I would guess hundreds probably more like thousands of Xbox users are to. Big Grin
Geeba Wrote:Yep me too - didnt realize it was a competition thou? I tended to hack for Linux or Emulators but knew/used MP and MC.
I didn't realize it was a competition either. Your inference is called a non sequitur. I was merely acknowledging that, yes, I know that it is a 'community project'.

Geeba Wrote:Well maybe you should try not to whinge or sound like you are so much? Just a thought? no offense meant
None taken. You obviously have great difficulty in delineating 'stating the facts of the matter' versus, 'complaining'. It's not like I'm saying Fix this, update that, make this, etc. If anything I'm saying, 'thank you for an excellent run guys and hey, if you don't mind, make a final stable, backported camelot release for xbox', but no worries if you don't, I UNDERSTAND'. Maybe, you DON'T UNDERSTAND, lol.

Geeba Wrote:Maybe - but IMHO options are best kept to yourself - Arnova is happy to continue and I would guess hundreds probably more like thousands of Xbox users are to. Big Grin
IMHO, they are not. Feedback is implicitly welcomed in a *forum community based project* Wink so guess we'll agree to disagree and I'll keep on typing. Just the same, your opinion as to the direction of xbmc for xbox development doesn't change the facts. Xbox is clearly being left behind, and apparently, this is hard for some to accept. It's nothing derogatory against Arnova at all... heck, I even stated I understand why. Dunno why that's so hard to understand for you and others. Ah well... keep on fighting the fight Geeba Big Grin

p.s. love xbox and love xbmc Oo

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Will there be a Camelot-Final for XBOX?0