[UPDATE] Banner support
Seeing as there's still some users out there I put together a Banner view with the Alaska touch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsV2OsU0pQo

That looks cool nice work Hitch
Hicher

I got the banners working with the update, but how do you get it to look like you do in your screen shots in under TV Shows, withough the text and the studio icon like thatHuh

Thanks for the help!
It only works for Library mode and you'll have to use a Media Manager to get the studio flags.
The Ember Media Manager right? I thought about that. I had been using Media Info Plus for TV shows, since it has a seperate tab for showing just "shows".....I dont think the EMM has that. I will try it and get back with you. Thanks for the quick reply.

EDITE: On second thought.....I know that EMM uses IMDB to get all the info....how do you do it for TV shows to pull the info from TVDB.comHuh?
On second thoughts XBMC gets the studio tags anyway so you just have to enable Studio flags in the settings.
Any possibility to hide the ? and square around it when there is no studio info...

PS. Love the skin!
Hitcher Wrote:On second thoughts XBMC gets the studio tags anyway so you just have to enable Studio flags in the settings.

Ok, maybe Im not understanding something here. All of my files are ISO's so I for TV shows I have always used Media Info Plus to get all the info, episode picture, etc. and it has worked perfectly.
But now with the newer versions of XBMC, I have had to use Ember Media Manager and I have figured out how to use it for movies, but Im a bit confused for TV shows. My TV shows are labeled like this:

Band of Brothers (folder)
- Band of Brothers S01E01.sddvd
- Band of Brothers S01E02.sddvd

Ember Media Manager seems to not read the files like Media Info Plus for tv shows??

I do have studio tags enabled in Alaska and they definately show once an individual episode is selected. But the main screen for each show, Im now showing a banner and text of the title......but yours shows the banner and the studio icon. Still cant figure it out.
Check the NFO file for the <studio> tag.
I cant get the Banner View to work. Only get all the old views, and File View is the one that looks most like it, except that the banner is left and the showname and stuff is centered... theres no banner view in the view options...
Try4Ce Wrote:I cant get the Banner View to work. Only get all the old views, and File View is the one that looks most like it, except that the banner is left and the showname and stuff is centered... theres no banner view in the view options...
+1 Smile
Hitcher Wrote:Seeing as there's still some users out there I put together a Banner view with the Alaska touch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsV2OsU0pQo

Oh my...
this looks great.
I've to try this right now !!
Ok!fixed.... i have download from the mediafire folder instead of the GIT, looks like is not updated¿?....strange, sure is my fault XD
Hitcher Wrote:Check the NFO file for the <studio> tag.

Ok....

I have a "tvshow" .nfo file that does have the studio tag, but the studio icon is still not showing up in the main TV Show menu. Just like the other person said, its like the regular file view, but instead of having a poster, etc it has the banner....everything else is the same view as file view. Im I missing a setup within Alaska, or a different view type with TV Shows??

Please help, thanks!
You have to have scanned your TV Shows to the Library and then, assuming you're in File View, press left to access the options to change the Viewtype.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[UPDATE] Banner support0