• 27(current)
[LINUX] HOW-TO get Live TV with VDR and PVR-Testing Branch - Without manual compile!
jacksback Wrote:I might go that route if Tvheadend stops working out
it won't ;-)
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
dushmaniac Wrote:it won't ;-)

Smile
I thought I'd stick to the right thread....

Dushmaniac : Has there been any improvements in the upcoming testing release in relation to VDR? Or is it general PVR stuff which should be an improvement anyway?
I've received some patches for vdr-vnsi that have been incorporated in the tree. Some more things might need fixes in the vdr addon code (and other addons).

I'll publish releases more regularly now that the development tree is more stable. If vdr isn't working correctly in the upcoming release, you might have to wait a bit longer.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

dushmaniac Wrote:I've received some patches for vdr-vnsi that have been incorporated in the tree. Some more things might need fixes in the vdr addon code (and other addons).

I'll publish releases more regularly now that the development tree is more stable. If vdr isn't working correctly in the upcoming release, you might have to wait a bit longer.

That's fair enough. I'll give it a go when I get chance, if things are less stable than currently is it just a case of losing my PVR database if I revert back to the Dharma release? (which isn't an issue since I end up clearing it when my VDR TV server crashes)
the db filenames changed, so reverting to a dharma based release shouldn't be a problem

edit: still, better safe than sorry, so backup your ~/.xbmc folder before updating
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

Hi dushmaniac!

I can't seem to compile latest master from the date 12/3 to 13/3.
right now i'm using commit 388371780c03524aba8c dated 11/3.
my system Archlinux 32-bit.
compile log: http://pastebin.com/WEyHegBA
translation at the end.
make[1]: *** Inga mål angavs och ingen makefil hittades. Stannar.
no target given and no makefile found. stopping
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/xxxx/build/xbmc-pvr-git/src/xbmc/lib/addons/library.xbmc.addon'
make: *** [libaddon] Fel 2
libaddon Error 2
"make distclean" removes some required makefiles. still got to fix that.
use git to restore those files and it'll work again.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

dushmaniac Wrote:"make distclean" removes some required makefiles. still got to fix that.
use git to restore those files and it'll work again.

My build script is set to run make distclean after git update and now its the opposite. The Makefiles are downloaded and it's compiling.

Thanks Big Grin

Edit:
Not working the problem is not make distclean every time i update git it will delete Makefiles from this directories:
library.xbmc.addon
library.xbmc.gui
library.xbmc.pvr

I downloaded the Makefiles manually from git repo, i just run the make. I hope it works.
It worked Smile
I've upgraded to the new version and so far so good (though it's only been 15 minutes).

One question, since I'm using VDR how do I add channel icons?
I've managed to add some manually.

What does it look for when trying to automatically assign them? I've had one channel pickup automatically (ESPN) so obviously it's the naming of my icons. does BBC One HD need to be exactly that "BBC One HD.png" since "bbc_one_hd.png" doesn't scan.

Also, is it possible to make it so XBMC doesn't always default to the first audio stream? Or more so, if it see a stream labelled as "und" (undetermined) that it ignores it until it finds a language stream. My example is many of the MTV channels on 28.2E have "und" audio streams for the first four or five then "eng" as the last. So everytime I watch one of these channels I have to switch the audio stream (thankfully # does this nice and easily, but it'd be better if it defaulted to the first thing that wasn't "und").
Yep, unsurprisingly it looks like icons need to be named exactly like the channel names to scan automatically.

Icons seem to make the menus very very laggy and slow. Is this because my icons are too high res?

If so, what is the optimal res for running XBMC at 1920x1080?
the code first search for the channel name with the same case and, if nothing is found, for the lowercased name. if that doesn't return anything, it search for the channel's uid.
you can find the code in CPVRChannelGroup::SearchAndSetChannelIcons()

channel icons aren't cached at the moment, so they may appear a bit slowly.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

Another thing, when I bring up the channel list whilst watching something (the OSD list on the right) it now goes to the top of the list instead of appearing highlighting the current channel which it used to.
fixed in the dev tree. will be included in the next build
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

• 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] HOW-TO get Live TV with VDR and PVR-Testing Branch - Without manual compile!0