• 28(current)
[LINUX] HOW-TO get Live TV with VDR and PVR-Testing Branch - Without manual compile!
dushmaniac Wrote:fixed in the dev tree. will be included in the next build

Fantastic. If I come across anything else I'll mention it.
What did the Database changes involve?

I was using a MySQL database that was setup in advancedsettings.xml and still is but the database doesn't load when XBMC starts.

The database is still there. It is enabled in Videos in Settings. Any ideas?
Any idea with the Database changes?
there have been a couple of changes in the db. most related to files-in-library afaik.

pastebin a debug log please.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
dushmaniac Wrote:there have been a couple of changes in the db. most related to files-in-library afaik.

pastebin a debug log please.

The log is massive

Here's a link to it

Seems the important bit is this...

Code:
Query: ALTER table settings add VerticalShift float
14:10:29 T:3053778752 M:1416151040   ERROR: Error attempting to update the database version!
14:10:29 T:3053778752 M:1416151040   DEBUG: Mysql rollback transaction
14:10:29 T:3053778752 M:1416151040   ERROR: Can't update the database xbmc_video from version 42 to 46
14:10:29 T:3053778752 M:1416151040   ERROR: Unable to open database xbmc_video
14:10:29 T:3053778752 M:1416216576  NOTICE: Attempting to update the database xbmc_video from version 42 to 46
14:10:29 T:3053778752 M:1416216576   DEBUG: Mysql Start transaction
14:10:29 T:3053778752 M:1416216576   DEBUG: Mysql execute: ALTER table settings add VerticalShift float
14:10:29 T:3053778752 M:1416216576   ERROR: SQL: Undefined MySQL error: Code (1060)

I haven't changed any of the MySQL settings. The only thing that changed was updating to your newer XBMC PVR build.
looks like it failed to upgrade last time, or you interrupted the upgrade.
code 1060 means the file already exists (in this case, the column exists).

you could try to upgrade the tables manually. you can find the code in UpgradeOldVersion() in xbmc/video/VideoDatabase.cpp.

if that doesn't work, you should use a backup of an older db and let xbmc upgrade it.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

dushmaniac Wrote:if that doesn't work, you should use a backup of an older db and let xbmc upgrade it.

I guess I'll have to scrape my DB again then :$
Hi ....

Well I made it through the whole thread. I have a sattelite receiver (SD) that I am trying to send a stream to an analogue TV capture card (WinFast TV 2000 XP). I can't use a DVB-S card (due to encryption etc.) so I will be selecting the channels on the receiver and displaying them in XBMC. The reason being I would like to use the PVR function of VDR.

When I check dmesg, my card is recognized (as a bttv card, card 34, tuner 2 etc.). I have used the lars-opdenkamp ppa and everything seemed to work. If I go into System -> Live TV, I can enable the card, however, as soon as I leave that menu, it gets disabled. I tried using the Scan Channels in the menu, but it said that it didn't find a server.

My question is: Since I will not be using the card to chnage channels, should my channels.conf have just 1 entry? What should this entry look like? I have no idea of what the format should be. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If any log files would help, please let me know. Having said that, I'm a noob at Linux but am willing to be adventurous and learn new stuff.

Thanks
This is a good place to start if you've not seen it yet

http://www.linuxtv.org/vdrwiki/index.php...nnels.conf
Holy s**t! Looks like I'm going to have to do a fair amount of research to come up with my channels.conf. Thanks, I'll start it tonight when I get home.
This might help too...

http://www.linuxtv.org/vdrwiki/index.php...f_analogue
Awesome. That actually make more sense. Now just to figure out what frequency channel 3 is under NTSC ....... lol. Google will be my friend......
Since I'm still using VDR I shall keep posting my problems in this thread!

I'll try and get as many logs for the problems I come across but I might not for all.

1) BBC One HD (28.2E) will randomly go completely white. This has happened with LiveTV and recordings off that channel. When I switch from Fullscreen to the LiveTV screen with channel list etc it stays white in the smaller window. I have to restart XBMC to get the picture back on BBC One HD. Changing channel and back again and the channel still plays as White.

2) The Recordings tab/menu has changed. Not everything seems to show, there's no ".." to go back up a level. The title of the show is missing, instead the genre is given. So "Entertainment - Game Show - 60'" rather than "Title"

3) When I start XBMC and the EPG is being scraped/loaded from my VDR server if I go to LiveTV whilst the dialog is at the top XBMC freezes. If I wait for the EPG data loading to finish before selecting LiveTV there is no problem.

4) Sometimes the Info OSD shows a programme as being 1 hour long when the onscreen EPG shows it is actually less.
first of all, always say where you got the package that's showing these problems and what version you got of that package.

ant_thomas Wrote:1) BBC One HD (28.2E) will randomly go completely white. This has happened with LiveTV and recordings off that channel. When I switch from Fullscreen to the LiveTV screen with channel list etc it stays white in the smaller window. I have to restart XBMC to get the picture back on BBC One HD. Changing channel and back again and the channel still plays as White.
I'll need a debug log for this one.

Quote:2) The Recordings tab/menu has changed. Not everything seems to show, there's no ".." to go back up a level. The title of the show is missing, instead the genre is given. So "Entertainment - Game Show - 60'" rather than "Title"
the workings have changed a while back. empty folders are skipped now. that will be made optional later.

Quote:3) When I start XBMC and the EPG is being scraped/loaded from my VDR server if I go to LiveTV whilst the dialog is at the top XBMC freezes. If I wait for the EPG data loading to finish before selecting LiveTV there is no problem.
there's no thread priority implementation yet and epg updates are expensive. on slow systems (e.g. ion) updating the epg would cause stuttering or a lot of buffering. that's why the epg is not being updated while livetv is playing. it'll continue where it stopped as soon as you stop the stream.

Quote:4) Sometimes the Info OSD shows a programme as being 1 hour long when the onscreen EPG shows it is actually less.
this is a little bug in the epg window code, that "stretches" the first tag of each channel.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

dushmaniac Wrote:first of all, always say where you got the package that's showing these problems and what version you got of that package.
Lucid version that you compiled on 10th April. Version says "unknown" in XBMC info

Quote:1) I'll need a debug log for this one.

I'll get one when it next happens.

Quote:3) there's no thread priority implementation yet and epg updates are expensive. on slow systems (e.g. ion) updating the epg would cause stuttering or a lot of buffering. that's why the epg is not being updated while livetv is playing. it'll continue where it stopped as soon as you stop the stream.

This isn't when I try and watch a channel, this happens when just selecting LiveTV to go to the LiveTV section. I don't even get the chance to select a channel.
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] HOW-TO get Live TV with VDR and PVR-Testing Branch - Without manual compile!0