• 29(current)
[LINUX] HOW-TO get Live TV with VDR and PVR-Testing Branch - Without manual compile!
ant_thomas Wrote:This isn't when I try and watch a channel, this happens when just selecting LiveTV to go to the LiveTV section. I don't even get the chance to select a channel.
when you wake up in the morning, upgrade xbmc and it'll be fixed (the packages have been built and launchpad will publish them soon)
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
dushmaniac: I've updated to odk24 but lost ability to choose screen refresh rate (in system settings). Refresh rate is reported 0.00Hz system wide. Auto change refresh rate doesn't work when playing videos.
Is this pvr build related or a bug from mainline xbmc?

EDIT: ah, seems to be fixed now in 627ada3 according to git's changelog (I think Wink). updated build would've been very appreciated Smile
meh Sad I'll do a new build later.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

dushmaniac Wrote:when you wake up in the morning, upgrade xbmc and it'll be fixed (the packages have been built and launchpad will publish them soon)

I'll upgrade either tonight or tomorrow and give you some feedback Smile
you might want to wait for the next build if you need xrandr. I'll publish a new one this evening.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

Hello, I have a few .RAR files containing subtitles for my movies, problem is that every time I restart my machine a new "rarfolder000" is created in my .xbmc/temp dir. So after a while either I clean it or I have copies upon copies of the same unrarred files...
This behavior started since I changed my xbmc repository to Lars Op den Kamp's, is it normal, a known bug or a problem of my machine?
isn't that what a temp folder is for...
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

Sure. But rarfolder0000, rarfolder0001, rarfolder0002 etc. each occupy a few hundred megs and in a machine with a small system HDD (CF) that's a problem.

Also when I initiate a movie playback it takes a couple of minutes before it finally starts, I suppose that's because the machine creates the "rarfolder". But it does it at each playback session (If I stop and start again the same or another file it does it). Is it checking for subtitles in the unpacked directory or unpacking again the rars?
looks like it. isn't related to pvr though. mainline xbmc (11.0-pre) will probably show the same behaviour, so if it's a bug, it's a bug in mainline
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

Hi dushmaniac!

I can't seem to compile again Sad
here is the compile log: https://pastee.org/dmp5q

One more thing i don't know if its only vdr related but am having trouble with my channel-list. My channels are sorted in vdr just the way i like it. every time i upgrade xbmc-pvr-git i delete or rename the old TV*.db file i start xbmc and my channels are imported identical to the vdr channel-list. here is the problem lately the channels move around it used to move from like middle to bottom and know it's everywhere Huh everytime i want the channels in the right order i have delete the TV database and recreate a new one.
log: https://pastee.org/7qzxd
you're using an outdated xbmc-packaging. it's failing because pysqlite was removed in mainline. upgrade it or wait until packaging is fixed again if it's not yet.

the reason for the channel numbering to change is that your channels changed on the backend. some were removed and some were added. xbmc only take the backend's channel numbering the first time it imports channels. after that, new channels will be added at the back of the list. the reason is that you may have changed the order in xbmc, or have multiple backends and 1 update from 1 add-on would reset the custom changes.

I'll add a new setting that tells xbmc to always use the backend channel order if possible.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

I'm using build "2:11.0-pvr+odk28~git20110419.3513480-0ubuntu1~ppa+odk28~lucid"

XBMC will startup and try to gather all the EPG data but it doesn't show. All channels are showing with "No Information Available"

http://pastebin.com/qri3GQ5p

Just checked the log and it's saying there was none to add, but there is, the EPG data is present on the VDR server and was fine before I upgrade XBMC.
I have same channel-list for about 2 years and in vdr it set to not add any new channels.
I know about new channels added and the end i have 3 channels that starts airing after 19:00 it used to be added and the end thats it. But nowadays channels shuffle and thats really bad.
It only stick after i recreate the TV database and after couple restart xbmc it starts moving some channels at the end and after couple restarts or days it moves channels at the beginning and end...
It all started with master branch, didn't had this problem with dharma and the old pvr-testing2.

About compiling i didn't quite get it Sad am on Archlinux 32 bit and my PKGBUILD looks like this https://pastee.org/2ccny am i missing something?
decaturguy Wrote:I have same channel-list for about 2 years and in vdr it set to not add any new channels.
I know about new channels added and the end i have 3 channels that starts airing after 19:00 it used to be added and the end thats it. But nowadays channels shuffle and thats really bad.
It only stick after i recreate the TV database and after couple restart xbmc it starts moving some channels at the end and after couple restarts or days it moves channels at the beginning and end...
It all started with master branch, didn't had this problem with dharma and the old pvr-testing2.

About compiling i didn't quite get it Sad am on Archlinux 32 bit and my PKGBUILD looks like this https://pastee.org/2ccny am i missing something?

I've just turned my media center on and I've got the exact same problem. Channels all over the place.
@both:
the backend is removing and adding channels or is changing channel uid's. that's the backend's or the add-on's problem and xbmc is behaving as intended. contact the add-on author(s) if it's not working properly with vnsi.

@decaturguy:
then that pkgbuild thing is outdated. contact the maintainer of that script or compile xbmc from source, as is described on the wiki.

@ant_thomas:
reset the epg database in the gui settings. if it's still failing after a reset, then post a debug log please.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

• 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] HOW-TO get Live TV with VDR and PVR-Testing Branch - Without manual compile!0