• 6(current)
The colors thread (show us your color themes) [Alaska only]
hikaricore Wrote:Anyone know which colour controls the background behind the volume/mute osd while a video is playing?
I was going to adjust this for RedSlate as it's currently white and unreadable, but I can't find the default that controls it.

Thanks. :p
I think it's the "Date" color.

Sorry, but I forgot to check that when I first did the Red Slate theme as I used to use an external player all the time. I'm trying the xbmc player again with a current svn build so I will upload a fix for this for the Mosaic_Blue theme later tonight (someone asked about that in a prior post here) after I've downloaded the most recent git version of Alaska by Hitcher. I think he may have made a change to the default color xml that I will need to incorporate.

[EDIT] I'm going to hold off on uploading an updated Mosaic_Blue theme and instead I would like to request of Hitcher that a colordiffuse setting be added to the dialogs/back.png on line 32 of the DialogVolumeBar.xml file so that we can change it in our color themes. Or in lieu of that, maybe a seperate text color for the volume bar. Pretty please, Hitcher. Thank you in advance.
Amra Wrote:I think it's the "Date" color.

Sorry, but I forgot to check that when I first did the Red Slate theme as I used to use an external player all the time. I'm trying the xbmc player again with a current svn build so I will upload a fix for this for the Mosaic_Blue theme later tonight (someone asked about that in a prior post here) after I've downloaded the most recent git version of Alaska by Hitcher. I think he may have made a change to the default color xml that I will need to incorporate.

[EDIT] I'm going to hold off on uploading an updated Mosaic_Blue theme and instead I would like to request of Hitcher that a colordiffuse setting be added to the dialogs/back.png on line 32 of the DialogVolumeBar.xml file so that we can change it in our color themes. Or in lieu of that, maybe a seperate text color for the volume bar. Pretty please, Hitcher. Thank you in advance.
Done and committed.

By the way, if you want to add any yourself simply post the code changes here and I'll get them into the next release.
Hitcher Wrote:Done and committed.

By the way, if you want to add any yourself simply post the code changes here and I'll get them into the next release.
Thanks Hitcher!
Im working on my own color scheme atm called 'Monsoon' (see pics)

As I change the colors im adding some text next to it to show what it actually does (might be helpful to somone), but some of the fields I have no idea what they actually do...

I change them to bright red (FFFF0000) and check through all menu etc, but cant figure out what they do

Screenies! : Forgive me if they dont work or are too big/invasive of the thread!

Music Library View

Main Menu + Now Playing

Options Manu

TV Show listing

ps.. Is there a way to get rid of the white box surrounding the now playing art?
This thread could probably use an FAQ page or stickied topic of all the answered questions.
Xanthian Wrote:ps.. Is there a way to get rid of the white box surrounding the now playing art?
When we can have a separate colordiffuse for the border you'll be able to set it to any colour you want or make it transparent.
BTW this is off topic but I was just checking out the video for the new skin Xperience and I have to say that I think Hitcher's aeon mod and alaska both blow it out of the water. I see people raving how Xperience is the future of skinning and I just dont get it.....

Maybe Im just getting old and appreciate fine things like wine...heh
uncertainty Wrote:BTW this is off topic but I was just checking out the video for the new skin Xperience and I have to say that I think Hitcher's aeon mod and alaska both blow it out of the water. I see people raving how Xperience is the future of skinning and I just dont get it.....

Maybe Im just getting old and appreciate fine things like wine...heh
I completely agree with you. There are a couple fanboy trolls in the xperience thread and between them and the incessant trailer-releasing, the hype is way out of proportion. IMHO, it couldn't possibly live up to the hype and based on the trailers, it looks like what Aeon already did better.
any updates for the black color theme by WJWNL ??

any version to try out ??

greets
nEx
nEx-1 Wrote:any updates for the black color theme by WJWNL ??

any version to try out ??

greets
nEx

This week Smile
WJWNL Wrote:This week Smile

Hooray !! Laugh

x-mas present, yea !
ynwa

Ya man! Nod
If anyone has colors that they would like to see, please let me know. I am almost finished with TnZ: Lite and I would like some help picking some new colors.
Reginald Wrote:If anyone has colors that they would like to see, please let me know. I am almost finished with TnZ: Lite and I would like some help picking some new colors.

I've always liked the colors from the old Mint skin:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=31614

I know there's a green "Tea" theme earlier in this thread, but something a little softer (with corresponding home screen icon colors!) would be nice. I might take a stab at it myself in a couple weeks or so.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The colors thread (show us your color themes) [Alaska only]0