• 32(current)
[LINUX] Problems compiling crystalhd branch
ion_man Wrote:I have sent you the link to the sample file via PM.

Do you need a sample of that AVC mkv that plays only at 15-19fps too, or do you already know what the problem with that one is?

Sure, a sample of that too.
@ion_man, svn up to 27446, your vc1 in a mkv is fixed.
davilla Wrote:@ion_man, svn up to 27446, your vc1 in a mkv is fixed.

I can confirm this is fixed now, many thanks, that was fast!

Quote:Quote:
Originally Posted by ion_man
Do you need a sample of that AVC mkv that plays only at 15-19fps too, or do you already know what the problem with that one is?

Sure, a sample of that too.

Actually that issue seems to have disappeared too, I can't reproduce it with svn 27449, that I'm using now.

Unfortuantely the lip-sync issue is still ther but it's only occasional, so far I haven't been able to pin-point what triggers it.

I will have to build 27450 later today as with 27449 the audio downmix is borked. Seems gnif2 realized that quickly... Wink
ion_man Wrote:I can confirm this is fixed now, many thanks, that was fast!
Actually that issue seems to have disappeared too, I can't reproduce it with svn 27449, that I'm using now.

Unfortuantely the lip-sync issue is still ther but it's only occasional, so far I haven't been able to pin-point what triggers it.

I will have to build 27450 later today as with 27449 the audio downmix is borked. Seems gnif2 realized that quickly... Wink

I have some clues about the audio sync, might be fixed in a few days.
davilla Wrote:I have some clues about the audio sync, might be fixed in a few days.

That would be great, at the moment that's the only issue I can think of that's left with the crystalhd driver in XBMC.

I wish the xine, mplayer and vlc developers would look at your XBMC crystalhd code and use it in their players too, as I'd love to have crystalhd support in them too.
ion_man Wrote:That would be great, at the moment that's the only issue I can think of that's left with the crystalhd driver in XBMC.

I wish the xine, mplayer and vlc developers would look at your XBMC crystalhd code and use it in their players too, as I'd love to have crystalhd support in them too.

vlc developers punted, said they would need money and time. Boo. Broadcom would have given them cards to play with.

mplayer will get it when ffmpeg devs add it (two are looking).

xine, not sure, there's ArchVDR at http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/archvdr...bcrystalhd which is xine based.

But it's still early, remember this only became public about a month ago. I think it's progressing nicely.
Hi, I installed 27449 and checked it against two videos that represent the bulk of what I will watch. Unfortunately, I still experience audio sync problems.

First, my system:

Zotac SAM 102 Netbook
Intel Atom N270 (1.6GHz)
Intel 945GSE
2GB RAM

This is a barebones style netbook. It has an extra miniPCIe slot, which makes it ideal for the Broadcom CrystalHD card.

The first video is a MythTV recording of a OTA HDTV show (USA ATSC). This is a 1080i recording, and must be deinterlaced.
Code:
General
ID                               : CA3
Complete name                    : HowIMetYourMother_clip.mpg
Format                           : MPEG-TS
File size                        : 50.0 MiB
Duration                         : 38s 872ms
Overall bit rate                 : 10.8 Mbps

Video
ID                               : 49 (0x31)
Menu ID                          : 1 (0x1)
Format                           : MPEG Video
Format version                   : Version 2
Format profile                   : Main@High
Format settings, Matrix          : Default
Bit rate mode                    : Variable
Bit rate                         : 9 529 Kbps
Nominal bit rate                 : 65.0 Mbps
Width                            : 1 920 pixels
Height                           : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio             : 16:9
Frame rate                       : 29.970 fps
Colorimetry                      : 4:2:0
Scan type                        : Interlaced
Scan order                       : Bottom Field First
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)               : 0.153
Stream size                      : 44.2 MiB (88%)

Audio #1
ID                               : 52 (0x34)
Format                           : AC-3
Format/Info                      : Audio Coding 3
Duration                         : 38s 560ms
Bit rate mode                    : Constant
Bit rate                         : 384 Kbps
Channel(s)                       : 6 channels
Channel positions                : Front: L C R, Surround: L R, LFE
Sampling rate                    : 48.0 KHz
Video delay                      : -662ms
Stream size                      : 1.77 MiB (4%)

Audio #2
ID                               : 53 (0x35)
Format                           : AC-3
Format/Info                      : Audio Coding 3
Duration                         : 38s 560ms
Bit rate mode                    : Constant
Bit rate                         : 128 Kbps
Channel(s)                       : 2 channels
Channel positions                : L R
Sampling rate                    : 48.0 KHz
Video delay                      : -628ms
Stream size                      : 602 KiB (1%)

Text #1
ID                               : 49 (0x31)608-1
Format                           : EIA-608
Muxing mode                      : MPEG Video / EIA-708
Muxing mode, more info           : Muxed in Video #1
Stream size                      : 0.00 Byte (0%)

Text #2
ID                               : 49 (0x31)608-0
Format                           : EIA-608
Language                         : English

Text #3
ID                               : 49 (0x31)1
Format                           : EIA-708
Language                         : English
I believe that it is the deinterlacing that is causing some of the problem. When I play the file in mplayer (without deinterlacing) the audio and video are synced. I will attach a 50 MB clip of this file to a PM to you, Scott.

Thanks for your time and effort on this.
Davilla, I don't see any method of attaching a file to either a post or a PM. How can I get a test clip to you?
waterhead Wrote:Davilla, I don't see any method of attaching a file to either a post or a PM. How can I get a test clip to you?

Upload it to some file sharing web site like rapidshare and PM the link to Davilla.
ion_man Wrote:Upload it to some file sharing web site like rapidshare and PM the link to Davilla.

Thanks, I'll look into it.
I just gave in to Ubuntu wanting to update, and let it. I then reinstalled the driver and library from the GIT repository, after first updating it. I then updated and installed the XBMC from the SVN. I am now running version 27505.

While testing the new install I ran across something weird. I was changing settings to see what effect they would have, and suddenly the mpeg-ts video I am testing (ATSC HD 1080i) played back perfectly! I was suspicious of this, so I checked the output of dmesg:
Code:
$ dmesg | grep -i -e broadcom -e BCM -e crystal -e 70012
[   13.272258] Loading crystalhd 0.9.27
[   13.272339] Broadcom 70012 Decoder 0000:04:00.0: PCI INT A -> GSI 19 (level, low) -> IRQ 19
[   13.272833] Broadcom 70012 Decoder 0000:04:00.0: irq 28 for MSI/MSI-X
[   13.272886] Starting BCM70012 Device
[   13.512169] CStopping BCM70012 Device
[   13.736058] Broadcom 70012 Decoder 0000:04:00.0: setting latency timer to 64
[  681.722023] Starting BCM70012 Device
[ 1049.921882] *ERR*:/home/paul/crystalhd/driver/linux/crystalhd_cmds.c:91: Link invalid state 7
[ 1067.248157] Stopping BCM70012 Device
Yes the CrystalHD card was not working, it had crashed. So I then checked CPU usage with TOP:
Code:
PID USER      PR  NI  VIRT  RES  SHR S %CPU %MEM    TIME+  COMMAND                                                        
2260 paul      20   0  450m 133m  46m S  141  6.7   3:49.70 xbmc.bin
XBMC reported a 80% CPU usage. So, it must be using software deinterlacing? I thought that it was broken.

Since it is mpeg-ts video playback that I am after, I found this to be interesting.
I again tried my mp4 file that I ripped and transcoded from a Blu-ray. The video now plays with the audio in sync. Nice job!

I thought that I noticed some occasional video choppiness, but more testing is needed to confirm this or not. The loud audio portions were distorting. This may be from the audio choices that I used when transcoding it, and not the fault of XBMC. Choosing to "Normalize Audio" in the settings fixed it, so I think that it was my fault.

I was trying to copy a section of this file with dd, like you can with a mpg file. The resulting file is unplayable, though. I am now transcoding about 50MB of the beginning of the movie (Star Trek), in case you may want a sample clip.

My 1080i mpeg-ts file still plays the same, no improvement. But I guess that was to be expected.

Thanks again! Smile
waterhead Wrote:I again tried my mp4 file that I ripped and transcoded from a Blu-ray. The video now plays with the audio in sync. Nice job!

I thought that I noticed some occasional video choppiness, but more testing is needed to confirm this or not. The loud audio portions were distorting. This may be from the audio choices that I used when transcoding it, and not the fault of XBMC. Choosing to "Normalize Audio" in the settings fixed it, so I think that it was my fault.

I was trying to copy a section of this file with dd, like you can with a mpg file. The resulting file is unplayable, though. I am now transcoding about 50MB of the beginning of the movie (Star Trek), in case you may want a sample clip.

My 1080i mpeg-ts file still plays the same, no improvement. But I guess that was to be expected.

Thanks again! Smile

There a general audio regression that's hitting all platforms regardless of renderer. It's being worked on. A new audio mixer came in and it's slightly borked.

That said, #4 on the hit list seems to be resolved at R27514.
When I transcoded to mp4, I notice the sound volume was a bit low. After a few test runs, I settled on a -vol 800 option for ffmpeg. That is why the loud parts were being distorted, and normalizing fixed it.

I won't do that again in the future.
Anyone having problems compiling the CrystalHD branch for linux?

http://pastebin.com/vWaFPTq3

It seem's that Jarod Wilson's improvements to the crystalhd_lnx.c file have broken it for me on Ubuntu 8.04

The last revision before he made the changes still builds correctly.
NOW: AppleTV+CrystalHD PREVIOUS: HTPC and XBOX (both loudly running XBMC)
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] Problems compiling crystalhd branch2