TV Show REGEX for anime?
internetfriend Wrote:I have a grip of anime that I'd like to add to my library, but I'd like it to be kept separate from my current TV and Movies libraries. Is there any way to have TV, Movies, Anime? It would basically be a 2nd TV library.

If not, is there any workarounds such as using a 2nd profile or something like that and keeping it all under TV shows? I'd test it out but I spent so much time manicuring my library the last thing I want it to do is blow itself up.

Thanks!

This is really interesting for me too. Smile
I was thinking about the above before as well. would it be possible to have a anime genre? and filter for that? maybe make a new shortcut for anime under tvshows? Probably the easiest way to accomplish what you want.
Looks like you can just add a separate profile and it walks you through all the steps to have a seperate library.

Per the wiki (which I should have checked first, apologies) it looks like this fits the bill for what we need, hellsing.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Profiles
Woo!

Aflo, is your regexp still working solid? I was going to rename all my stuff but if your code works with adding most everything I'd use that instead.
aflo Wrote:Hi Guys. Learning a lot from this thread and the other regex threads. Just sitting at work here and whipped up something i THINK will work with my anime collection.

I pulled it into http://www.gskinner.com/RegExr/ and it seemed to work with the following - pulling JUST the valid season name. (It seems to even ignore the 31 in Ulysses.31):

I haven't had a chance to test it out on my xbmc machine yet but i had a few questions anyway, so here goes:

1. I know we don't need the season number anymore, but when XBMC scrapes based on these regex statements, do they just need the ep number? so all that is being fed to the tvdb scraper is (01,12,34... etc.)?
2. Does xbmc apply advancedsettings.xml changes on reboot? or everytime the information refresh is pressed? If it's on reboot, is there a way to refresh it in a terminal?

Thanks in advanced for your insight.

p.s.

I've tried the expression in xbmc. It doesn't seem to accept it. Could it be the lookarounds? the '<' ?

Wow, that is an excellent start, it's been a huge help for me. There is still a few files that aren't working for some reason, but I'm thinking that's just thetvdb's lack of completeness. >.>
I'm still quite a noob in XBMC, but I'm trying to understand it :-)
I added this regex to the advancedsettings.xml and it seems to work quite good.. However, XBMC fails to find episodes for most of my anime series:
In the DEBUG logging I can see XBMC enumerating the episodes correctly as in this sniplet about the series Uchuu no Stellvia:
Code:
21:38:24 T:2988051344 M:782684160   DEBUG: found episode based match with forced season 1 /home/mythtv/myth/video/anime/stellvia/[v-a]_uchuu_no_stellvia_01_[f3ec1314].mkv (e1) [[\._\s\-](\d{1,3})[\._\s\-](?!\d{1,3})(?!.*[/\\])]
21:38:24 T:2988051344 M:782684160   DEBUG: found episode based match with forced season 1 /home/mythtv/myth/video/anime/stellvia/[v-a]_uchuu_no_stellvia_02_[09d9592f].mkv (e2) [[\._\s\-](\d{1,3})[\._\s\-](?!\d{1,3})(?!.*[/\\])]
21:38:24 T:2988051344 M:782684160   DEBUG: found episode based match with forced season 1 /home/mythtv/myth/video/anime/stellvia/[v-a]_uchuu_no_stellvia_03_[fe2ae17f].mkv (e3) [[\._\s\-](\d{1,3})[\._\s\-](?!\d{1,3})(?!.*[/\\])]
But then at the end I get this:
Code:
21:38:24 T:2988051344 M:782692352   ERROR: PCRE: Match limit reached
21:38:25 T:2988051344 M:782692352   ERROR: PCRE: Match limit reached
21:38:25 T:2988051344 M:782692352   DEBUG: scraper: GetEpisodeList returned <episodeguide></episodeguide>
21:38:25 T:2988051344 M:782692352   DEBUG: No NFO file found. Using title search for '/home/mythtv/myth/Video/Anime/Stellvia/[V-A]_Uchuu_no_Stellvia_01_[F3EC1314].mkv'
21:38:25 T:2988051344 M:782692352   ERROR: CVideoInfoScanner::OnProcessSeriesFolder: Asked to lookup episode /home/mythtv/myth/Video/Anime/Stellvia/[V-A]_Uchuu_no_Stellvia_01_[F3EC1314].mkv online, but we have no episode guide. Check your tvshow.nfo and make sure the <episodeguide> tag is in place.
21:38:25 T:2988051344 M:782692352   DEBUG: No NFO file found. Using title search for '/home/mythtv/myth/Video/Anime/Stellvia/[V-A]_Uchuu_no_Stellvia_02_[09D9592F].mkv'
21:38:25 T:2988051344 M:782692352   ERROR: CVideoInfoScanner::OnProcessSeriesFolder: Asked to lookup episode /home/mythtv/myth/Video/Anime/Stellvia/[V-A]_Uchuu_no_Stellvia_02_[09D9592F].mkv online, but we have no episode guide. Check your tvshow.nfo and make sure the <episodeguide> tag is in place.
21:38:25 T:2988051344 M:782692352   DEBUG: No NFO file found. Using title search for '/home/mythtv/myth/Video/Anime/Stellvia/[V-A]_Uchuu_no_Stellvia_03_[FE2AE17F].mkv'
21:38:25 T:2988051344 M:782692352   ERROR: CVideoInfoScanner::OnProcessSeriesFolder: Asked to lookup episode /home/mythtv/myth/Video/Anime/Stellvia/[V-A]_Uchuu_no_Stellvia_03_[FE2AE17F].mkv online, but we have no episode guide. Check your tvshow.nfo and make sure the <episodeguide> tag is in place.

There are no .nfo files and XBMC gets this information from theTVdb about the series itself:
Code:
21:38:23 T:2988051344 M:782761984   DEBUG: scraper: GetDetails returned <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?><details><plot>In 2167, a supernova explosion engulfed the Earth with a wave of electromagnetic energy, turning the sky green and causing countless disasters. After recovering from that first wave, humanity started putting up defenses to protect itself, and by the year 2356, a network of six Foundations (orbiting space stations) now guards the Earth from a second supernova wave that is expected to arrive later that year. Each Foundation houses a high school for promising young space cadets, and eager 15-year-old Shima Katase has just been accepted to Stellvia, the 2nd Foundation. Making friends, going to class, learning to pilot light spacecraft -- it`s all part of the high school experience, hundreds of miles above Earth aboard space station Stellvia.</plot><id>79782</id><mpaa></mpaa><premiered>2003-04-02</premiered><rating>9.5</rating><studio>TV Tokyo</studio><title>Stellvia of the Universe</title><genre></genre><genre>Action and Adventure</genre><genre>Science-Fiction</genre><thumb>http://thetvdb.com/banners/graphical/79782-g.jpg</thumb><thumb type="season" season="1">http://thetvdb.com/banners/seasons/79782-1.jpg</thumb><thumb>http://thetvdb.com/banners/posters/79782-1.jpg</thumb><thumb type="season" season="-1">http://thetvdb.com/banners/posters/79782-1.jpg</thumb><fanart url="http://thetvdb.com/banners/"><thumb dim="1920x1080" colors="|243,248,254|2,23,128|238,184,160|" preview="_cache/fanart/original/79782-1.jpg">fanart/original/79782-1.jpg</thumb></fanart><episodeguide><url cache="79782.xml">http://www.thetvdb.com/api/1D62F2F90030C444/series/79782/all/en.zip</url></episodeguide></details>
so episodeguide should not be empty?

I'm running XBMC 9.11 on Gentoo Linux

Is this a problem with the regex? or with the scraper? or with the thetvdb data? Only a few of my anime series have their episodes found..
Someone posted a solution months ago which worked for me so far: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=284004&postcount=9
thanks for the suggestion, I tried it out (without the Season part as I use absolute numbering and don't have Season directories) but I get exactly the same result: the series where the episodes where found before, are now still found, and the series where xbmc fails to retreive the episodes from, still fail, with the same errors: "ERROR: PCRE: Match limit reached" and "DEBUG: scraper: GetEpisodeList returned <episodeguide></episodeguide>"
so It looks like it is not caused by the regex..
so did anyone ever figure this out? i started using this xbmc 2day and am having trouble adding blood+ to my tv show library. any help?

right now they are named like this

blood+/[Shinsen-Subs]_Blood+_15_[2EA36A95]

and ive tried both of these but they dont work either

blood+/season 1/Blood+ - 102 - Magic Words

blood+/season 1/S01E01

any help?
big-man Wrote:so did anyone ever figure this out? i started using this xbmc 2day and am having trouble adding blood+ to my tv show library. any help?

right now they are named like this

blood+/[Shinsen-Subs]_Blood+_15_[2EA36A95]

and ive tried both of these but they dont work either

blood+/season 1/Blood+ - 102 - Magic Words

blood+/season 1/S01E01

any help?

What I ended up doing is the following.. and had no problems in the end (though it's a PITA to set up)

1) I used a 3rd party app called "Media Companion v318" to control the creation of the NFO files... you should be able to find it in the support apps forum, it's near the top I believe.
2) Then I took a trip out to TVDB.com, which is where the PITA part comes in.
For each series I looked it up and determined how TVDB.com lists the episodes..
In your example: http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=78960&lid=7
The season 1 contains episodes 1-13.. so the files would be renamed as something like "Blood+ S01E01" thru "Blood+ S01E13" (the SxxExx is the important part).

Each season is in it's own subfolder.. so my structure is more like

...Blood/
......Season1/
..........S01E01
..........S01E02,etc..
......Season2/
etc..

Once I have done that for all seasons (note special eps are listed under Season 0 [S00Exx]), I then pointed Media Companion to that particular folder.

3) Tell Media companion to look for new episodes and then it will gather all the plot info, and everything else including fanart, posters etc..

Once done you'll end up with a fully populate NFO file that XBMC can read natively without any effort. (I might have had to go into "TV Show Information and tell it to refresh but I cannot recall).

From then on it's easy as I just drop in a new Episode in the proper folder and once a week I load up Media companion and simply tell it to search for new episodes.

One note about Media companion, is to watch out for the LOCK icon..if a lock is on, nothing will update for that show.

Hope that helps..
this is what peeves me off the most

why is it FileBot .. works with just about any anime I can throw at it whilst XBMC struggles to reconize them ...
I have spent months on regex's for Anime breaking and unbreaking them while FileBot just keeps pushing through them correctly matching and renaming the eps ?

just glad the symlinking file renaming method is working for me Tongue

getting to keep my files for archiving and getting them renamed for XBMC scrapper to do its thing with out using extra HDD space
(2012-05-29, 16:08)MasterCATZ Wrote: this is what peeves me off the most

why is it FileBot .. works with just about any anime I can throw at it whilst XBMC struggles to reconize them ...
I have spent months on regex's for Anime breaking and unbreaking them while FileBot just keeps pushing through them correctly matching and renaming the eps ?

just glad the symlinking file renaming method is working for me Tongue

getting to keep my files for archiving and getting them renamed for XBMC scrapper to do its thing with out using extra HDD space

Ask FileBot's dev what regex he's using?
I know this is an old dead thread that got resurrected.... but, this issue is a HUGE problem for many of us that the xbmc devs completely scoff at.

Anime should not be that hard to scan. There are EXCELLENT database sites available, including Anidb which even uses file hashes which are the absolute best way of scanning a file ever invented.

Unfortunately, outside of one add-on there's absolutely no support for:

1) Hash lookups - Anidb supports this, other services could theoretically. Completely bypasses need for regex matching.

2) Single-Season Programs - Everything gets stuffed under an unnecessary "Season 1" folder.

3) Special Episodes - requiring they be renamed as "season 0" is pathetic. There is a clearly established naming/numbering scheme that XBMC clearly ignores.

4) Anime OVA - these are the worst. They typically won't show up as TV shows, because they don't have an episode number, but they can't be scraped as Movies either, since IMDB etc doesn't list them, only the Anime sites do - which are treated as TV show sources.

These are all problems that can be EASILY solved and have come up repeatedly in the forums, but everyone is just told to use all sorts of workarounds.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Show REGEX for anime?1