New Media Room
Hi everyone,

I am trying to set up a system in the lounge where there is NO TV (!!!!), but there is quiet surround sound music.

This system would ideally have a pc like the Asrock ION 330/Acer Revo with XBMC installed to it (Not within Windows... it would run natively), which would be connected to a touch screen (15") 'control' which is wall mounted (This would look quite minimalistic). The music would not be stored on the PC, it would be streamed from my BT HomeHub which has an external hard drive connected to it, this means that I can update the music for all the computers in the house without having to copy all the music to each pc whenever I get new music. I would also like a simple remote control (Like the Apple remote that comes with MacBooks) which can just skip to the next track and adjust the volume.

Could anyone recommend the ideal system to me? I need speakers, the screen, the remote and the pc. Costs should be as low as possible... I was thinking maximum £500 on the speakers (5.1 surround sound if possible), £300 for the screen (anything lower than 17"), £300 on the pc and then the remote as cheap as possible.

I really admire the work that has gone into this software, you are helping so many with a reward of so little for yourselves,

Thank you,

UKMedia
Sounds like a job for the AppleTV. It comes with its own simple little remote. It can run XBMC and connect to the rest of the house either wirelessly or wired. And it can be found for $150. I'm not sure about cost in pounds.

For that matter, you could use an Ipod Touch for your wall mounted screen, assuming it wouldn't be insanely difficult to affix to a wall.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Media Room0