Simple Calculator
i was pssed off the other day when i couldnt find my calculator, glaring up at xbmc i thought it might come in handy. no big deal.

could be something like:

arrow up: add
arrow down: subtract
arrow left: multiply
arrow right: divide
middle select: enter
title: x^y
skip-: backspace

(i ended up using my pc btw :d)
i agree it'd be handy. as long as this (or any other) add-on feature of xbmc can be turned on/off at will i'm all for it. Smile
no offence guys, but this has to be one of the funniest suggestions i ever heard of, and useful for a fraction of people.
i suggest you ask someone to make a python script for ya, since this will never ever be done in the mainprogram, trust me on this
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

i appreciate your honesty pike. what i should have been more clear on is the necessity for little features like this to be modular. in such a scenario they could simply be left out if unwanted/unneeded/. this would give the user greater control over where the xbox's resources are going and leave the box free to do bigger & better things (as decided by the user).

as i recall there was a spell checker/calculator cartridge for nintendo's gameboy. same situation, useful for only a fraction of people, but available if desired and totally modular. Smile

or, for that matter, a similar setup with gnuboy might be a quick-fix (though less elegant & convenient) solution. cheers!
for a python script developer this must be a pretty small project to make

it also fits the "modular" basis you think is accurate

why not learn python and make it yourself? :idea:
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

link

or

link2

now get cracking

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Simple Calculator0