videos takes me to movies library
hi all

been testing out camelot beta 1 on laptop today, i have set a folder within my my videos folder for movies and it scrapes from imdb

when i go to videos i cant see my my videos folder

also, when i go to movies and look through the library everything is ok, but when i come out of the movies library and click on videos it takes me to video library (movies) again, so movies and videos are taking me to the same location i think

good thing i am only testing this on my laptop at the moment:p

hope someone can help
i love xbmc
If you enable TV shows on home also, Videos will always take you to files mode.
(you can always untick library mode by pressing left to bring up the menu blade)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
well i did untick library mode when i went to videos

but after that i went to movies, when i left movies and went back to videos again it did the same as before, where videos just takes me to the same place as movies does
i love xbmc
sarahandkevin Wrote:well i did untick library mode when i went to videos

but after that i went to movies, when i left movies and went back to videos again it did the same as before, where videos just takes me to the same place as movies does

Dont know if it makes a difference, but have you tried going to the root menu while in 'videos' and open the context menu on the videos folder and click 'Make Default'.

For what its worth when I go to 'movies', my movie menu shows up.
When I go to 'videos', my videos show up.
Not sure if 'Make default' is the reason, but it works perfect for me.
dtviewer Wrote:Dont know if it makes a difference, but have you tried going to the root menu while in 'videos' and open the context menu on the videos folder and click 'Make Default'.

For what its worth when I go to 'movies', my movie menu shows up.
When I go to 'videos', my videos show up.
Not sure if 'Make default' is the reason, but it works perfect for me.

dont work:confused2:
i love xbmc
sarahandkevin Wrote:dont work:confused2:

One more thing to try.
Say you are in the 'videos' section and you are at the section you want to be the default view, do you click 'exit' to leave the view, or do you click 'menu'?
'Menu' will bring you back to home, 'exit' will back you into the 'root' view again.

In other words, xbmc will remember the 'last' view you were in, so if you leave out of the videos section you should be able to enter at the same point.

Same with movies section.
noticed on this confluence skin or whatever it is called that with videos you can hit the right arrow on the keyboard and you can select where you want to go, like movies, files and some other ones

before i was just hitting enter

i guess thats how it is going to have to be done now (right arrow and select files)

now just one more feature i want before i upgrade xbmc on the main computer

by the way, now that directx is in xbmc, will picture quality be better than before or the same as before? if the same what advantages does directx have
i love xbmc
sarahandkevin Wrote:noticed on this confluence skin or whatever it is called that with videos you can hit the right arrow on the keyboard and you can select where you want to go, like movies, files and some other ones

before i was just hitting enter

i guess thats how it is going to have to be done now (right arrow and select files)

now just one more feature i want before i upgrade xbmc on the main computer

by the way, now that directx is in xbmc, will picture quality be better than before or the same as before? if the same what advantages does directx have

I'm sure there is just something easy we are missing to get your videos/movies to open how you want.
I'm also running xbmc for windows and 'movies' opens right to my movie library, and 'videos' lists my video folders.
Also, 'tv shows' opens my tv library.

I'll give it some more thought and see if there is anything I am missing....
ok thank you

this is confusing because i dont have this trouble with babylon and aeon stark (what i have on main computer)
i love xbmc
why has this been moved to skin help and support?
i love xbmc
Because this is a Confluence design decision, unless you are using another (Confluence is the only skin you have mentioned), then it belongs there.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
oh ok

so does confluence have bugs, is that what is causing things for me to go wrong?
i love xbmc
Yea I'm getting the same issue, when going to Videos it's taking me to the same place as Movies or TV Shows library mode instead of file mode.
OK
because this is the way that XBMC is designed to work clicking videos again takes you back to the last place you were in. As was and is done in every skin before people decided they might make direct links to TVShows and Movies.

NOW
In Confluence you need to enable both the TV SHows and Movies buttons in home, then the Videos Button will always take you to file mode. If you only have 1 of them enabled it will do the default behavour of going to the last place you have been, else you need to do 5 or more clicks just to get to your library
i hit the skin settings, i can hide or not hide movies but i dont have an option for tv shows, tv shows is faded out, i have also even tried to add some video files like simpsons and family guy

i think it scans for content and gets things but i have no tv show button to hit
i love xbmc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
videos takes me to movies library0