videos takes me to movies library
In the Confluence subforum a developer replied that it's an intended behavior and "Video" always goes to the last video view, which means "Movie" in library mode if that's what you accessed it the last time. This sounds very unreasonable.

What if I want to keep a source in non-library, manual file listing mode (like I described in my OP) while my regular movie source in library mode? Every time after I access the movie library by visiting "Movie", I have to first click "Video", which again goes to the same movie view as if I never exited "Movie", then clear the "library" mode checkbox on the left, then use navigation to select the non-movie source, then again set the proper view on the left. So many duplicated clicks to get into the non-library source every time. In other words, what exactly is the point of the "Video" menu if it always goes to the last state where "Movie" left off? I mean if I want to see the movies again I can just click on " Movie"...

Some clarification would be greatly appreciated.
Iirc if you have both movies and tv shows enabled on home, videos will always take you to files mode.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Press Right and select Files.
Or add videos as a menu item on the home page - system/skin/home window - uncheck 'hide video'.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=449...stcount=14
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
videos takes me to movies library0