[WINDOWS] eBay Remote + EventGhost = stolen keyboard commands?
I've recently setup an XBMC box running on Win7 64bit. I'm controlling it with a cheap USB IR remote from eBay. The remote transmits basic keyboard commands (number8, shift+ctrl+p, etc) that I've mapped to XBMC commands using EventGhost (keyboard plugin, xbmc plugin).

When I'm inside XBMC, this works perfectly EXCEPT for when I go to do text/number entry. Any keystroke used by remote (mapped through EventGhost) is not accessible by my wireless keyboard. This is a limitation I understand and can live with.

What is more bothersome is that any keystroke used by the remote is also not accessible/functional OUTSIDE of XBMC, such as in a web-browser, utorrent, hulu desktop, etc. I have to disable the XBMC tree in EventGhost before those keystrokes are available to the normal keyboard. This is mainly only an issue with numbers, since most other commands use a ctrl+shift+keystroke string.

Is there a way to configure EventGhost to only map the keystrokes used by the remote when XBMC is the active window? Or at least only when XBMC is actually running?

Thanks in advance.
Anyone?
Got the same problems?

Thankful for any advice!

Best regards
M.
My eventual solution was to setup an event ghost activity to toggle enable/disable of the event ghost xbmc profile. I have to remember to enable it when I'm done using the keyboard, so it's not the most elegant solution. I've since picked up an MCE RC6 receiver and I'll be programming my Harmony with original MCE commands... eventually, when I find time.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] eBay Remote + EventGhost = stolen keyboard commands?0