• 1(current)
WIP Apple TV 3.0 skin replica for XBMC concept (codename: xTV 3.0)
Lightbulb 
Just thinking of making this into a XBMC skin. any idea who i have to ask to use PM3 as a base?
Go ahead and use PMIII after all it is open source. Good luck making the skin.
Really great idea
Keep doing Wink
Good Luck
chrisallen511 Wrote:videos of menus (so i can mimic animations.

Youtube has plenty of videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWIe7zT9iyg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_0n_7uv7...re=related

How closely are you going to stick to the look of Apple TV 3.0? There are some great ideas in amongst this interface but IMO there are some pretty ugly elements too. I personally dislike the way the "submenus" look at the bottom of the screen but that might just be me.
redtapemedia Wrote:Youtube has plenty of videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWIe7zT9iyg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_0n_7uv7...re=related

How closely are you going to stick to the look of Apple TV 3.0? There are some great ideas in amongst this interface but IMO there are some pretty ugly elements too. I personally dislike the way the "submenus" look at the bottom of the screen but that might just be me.

I have ripped all the graphic files out of of the version 4 firmware so it will look exactly the same. I may change the submenus with a different menu style so you can choose atv look or custom to suit. for now i will be getting the skin as close the atv as possible (while keeping media flags and a few other additions)
You may want to be careful about "ripping all the graphic files out of the firmware", as they may be subject to copyright, etc.
lloydsmart Wrote:You may want to be careful about "ripping all the graphic files out of the firmware", as they may be subject to copyright, etc.

I'd say they definetely are. Apple has lawyers and is not afraid to use them Tongue
redtapemedia Wrote:I'd say they definetely are. Apple has lawyers and is not afraid to use them Tongue

I was thinking about that last night. i will probably just use them to see HxW of items etc.

dont want to get in trouble lol
Hmm...I don't like the interface of Apple TV. I also think that Apple did in comparison to their other design-works a bad job...

It's just my opinon about that skin, but I think you don't need to rip simple graphics like these...
Beatzeps08 Wrote:Hmm...I don't like the interface of Apple TV. I also think that Apple did in comparison to their other design-works a bad job...

It's just my opinon about that skin, but I think you don't need to rip simple graphics like these...

personally i like the simpleness of it but it is missing stuff. i am wanting to add some of the great features of the other skins eg. cover flow. and media tags.
I whipped up a mockup using textures made from scratch, still a bit rough around the edges.

Edit: before anyone mentions it, I'm aware some of the items in the mockup aren't part of xbmc (yet).
redtapemedia Wrote:I whipped up a mockup using textures made from scratch, still a bit rough around the edges.

Edit: before anyone mentions it, I'm aware some of the items in the mockup aren't part of xbmc (yet).

looks good. mate
looks pretty good.
Don't know why, but for my part I think that frontrow looks much nicer than apple tv, but I'm not sure if a clone of the frontrow skin is already discussed somewhere.
However, keep up the nice work. If this get's published I will probably use it.
A skin suggestion. I'm not sure how many people besides me use this feature, Confluence's ability to go directly to a longish list of "most recently added" episodes from the home page is a pretty killer feature for me. The AppleTV layout seems like a no-brainer to do something similar.
natethomas Wrote:A skin suggestion. I'm not sure how many people besides me use this feature, Confluence's ability to go directly to a longish list of "most recently added" episodes from the home page is a pretty killer feature for me. The Apple TV layout seems like a no-brainer to do something similar.

I may have the 10 most recently added at the top of the screen with ta cover flow effect. add under the sub menus have a section that takes you to a list or wall layout for recently added. i hope to use the apple tv "buy screen" as the media view with covers down the bottom that you can scroll through.

basically this skin will match the apple tv skin minus the stuff that will substitute features that xbmc doesn't support. any ideas are welcome!
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple TV 3.0 skin replica for XBMC concept (codename: xTV 3.0)5