• 6(current)
WIP Apple TV 3.0 skin replica for XBMC concept (codename: xTV 3.0)
D0nR0sa Wrote:Well, thanks to the lightning strike, everything is reset one month, so are there any updates on this skin?
I was just wondering because it looks so pretty.
Wingman and i have decided to make the skin in 1080, so we adjust all dimensions and graphics.
The second thing is, we do to adjust all to the original appletv dimensions, now we have an original appletv as source, wingman bought one.
They've partnered up with Team Blackbolt -

http://www.teamblackbolt.co.uk/team.php
have you tried using any of the old images/code from xtv 1 and 2? that's was one of the first skins i worked on but you are more than welcome to check it out.

http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76

besides the home menu, i don't think much has changed, but i do admit xtv is mad old...
Hitcher Wrote:They've partnered up with Team Blackbolt -

http://www.teamblackbolt.co.uk/team.php

Indeed a smart move! Tongue
Come on people... you're killing us! When will it be released?
Nemesis7 Wrote:Come on people... you're killing us! When will it be released?
When it's ready - these things take a lot of time.
Hitcher Wrote:When it's ready - these things take a lot of time.

You're right, let them take their time. But on the other side, I would love to see some new screenshots ^^
Just an update on the skin. We have just about finished moving the Code over to 1080p. I have recently had my entire 5TB Media Server fallover.Firstly the Linux MDADM lost the superblocks for the devices so it didnt know which order to assemble the RAID in. after sorting that out it couldn't mount and said it couldn't find a file-system. needless to say im very saddened that over a year of collecting and sorting is down the tube (I have backups of most of the stuff bit not sorted nicely with custom covers etc) so That is taken immediate priority to sort out my media server. I will resume the skin as soon as Ive got stuff sorted. Sorry to all those who are eager to test this skin out. but i promise to have a nice teaser movie the next time you hear from me.
I hope there'll be a 720P version as well, since the Asrock ION 330 won't like a complex 1080P skin.
@WinGMaN: I know how you feel mate, a similar thing happened to me, I lost all of my creative artwork, I was down for like 2 weeks, sucks. Even though I can't stand to wait so long, I understand. Get you stuff sorted out and hopefully we'll get a trailer instead of a teaser Tongue
WinGmaN Wrote:Just an update on the skin. We have just about finished moving the Code over to 1080p. I have recently had my entire 5TB Media Server fallover.Firstly the Linux MDADM lost the superblocks for the devices so it didnt know which order to assemble the RAID in. after sorting that out it couldn't mount and said it couldn't find a file-system. needless to say im very saddened that over a year of collecting and sorting is down the tube (I have backups of most of the stuff bit not sorted nicely with custom covers etc) so That is taken immediate priority to sort out my media server. I will resume the skin as soon as Ive got stuff sorted. Sorry to all those who are eager to test this skin out. but i promise to have a nice teaser movie the next time you hear from me.

Exactly the reason why I finally plunked down some money on a hardware RAID controller. Now around 5TB - not sure what I'd do if I lost all those; crying would be on the cards.

Warren; a fellow kiwi.
Warren in Napier, NZ.
XBMC SVN on Ubuntu 9.04
HTPC: Zotac 9300-ITX motherboard, Thermaltake SD100 case, Intel Core 2 Duo E7400, 4GB RAM, LG Slim-line Blu-Ray drive, 500GB WD Green HDD, Philips MCE IR with Harmony 785 Remote
SERVER: VIA EPIA SN motherboard, Lian Li PC-A17 case, VIA C7 CPU, 1GB RAM, Ubuntu 9.04, Icy Dock Cages, LSI 8888ELP SAS/SATA RAID HBA, 8x 1TB WD Green HDD's RAID6
Sharp 46" 1080P LCD via HDMI | Denon AV Receiver via Optical
akawoz Wrote:Exactly the reason why I finally plunked down some money on a hardware RAID controller. Now around 15TB - not sure what I'd do if I lost all those; crying would be on the cards.

Warren; a fellow kiwi.

Nice to know im not alone. Im a fellow Kiwi, also from Auckland. (Small World) Which Raid Card do you have now and whiat mode are you running it it? Raid 5 or Raid 6?
WinGmaN Wrote:Nice to know im not alone. Im a fellow Kiwi, also from Auckland. (Small World) Which Raid Card do you have now and whiat mode are you running it it? Raid 5 or Raid 6?

I have an LSI MegaRAID SAS 8888ELP SAS/SATA controller and run it in RAID6. I've just moved to Napier (for the Hawkes Bay lifestyle); better update my profile.

http://www.lsi.com/storage_home/products...index.html

Got it cheap(ish) off Ebay.

Reason I chose RAID6 is that if you use RAID5 and have a single drive fail and need to rebuild from parity it puts all the other drives under stress - this can lead to a second drive failing during the rebuild process (it's happened to me before). This way I can have 2x complete drive failures and still survive.
Warren in Napier, NZ.
XBMC SVN on Ubuntu 9.04
HTPC: Zotac 9300-ITX motherboard, Thermaltake SD100 case, Intel Core 2 Duo E7400, 4GB RAM, LG Slim-line Blu-Ray drive, 500GB WD Green HDD, Philips MCE IR with Harmony 785 Remote
SERVER: VIA EPIA SN motherboard, Lian Li PC-A17 case, VIA C7 CPU, 1GB RAM, Ubuntu 9.04, Icy Dock Cages, LSI 8888ELP SAS/SATA RAID HBA, 8x 1TB WD Green HDD's RAID6
Sharp 46" 1080P LCD via HDMI | Denon AV Receiver via Optical
WinGmaN Wrote:Just an update on the skin. We have just about finished moving the Code over to 1080p. I have recently had my entire 5TB Media Server fallover.Firstly the Linux MDADM lost the superblocks for the devices so it didnt know which order to assemble the RAID in. after sorting that out it couldn't mount and said it couldn't find a file-system. needless to say im very saddened that over a year of collecting and sorting is down the tube (I have backups of most of the stuff bit not sorted nicely with custom covers etc) so That is taken immediate priority to sort out my media server. I will resume the skin as soon as Ive got stuff sorted. Sorry to all those who are eager to test this skin out. but i promise to have a nice teaser movie the next time you hear from me.

How is it going with your harddrive's and skinning project?
Hope you sorted things out to get back on track.

errr...

WinGmaN Wrote:Nice to know im not alone. Im a fellow Kiwi, also from Auckland. (Small World) Which Raid Card do you have now and whiat mode are you running it it? Raid 5 or Raid 6?

....liar liar pants on fire Tongue
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple TV 3.0 skin replica for XBMC concept (codename: xTV 3.0)5