ATV USB Creator App - FAIL
The ATV USB Creator app fails when it tries to download the file to my USB patchstick. I am on Mac 10.5.8 with an Apple TV running OS 2.2. Please see snapshot below...anyone know whats wrong or if the download site is down?

xbuffed Wrote:The ATV USB Creator app fails when it tries to download the file to my USB patchstick. I am on Mac 10.5.8 with an Apple TV running OS 2.2. Please see snapshot below...anyone know whats wrong or if the download site is down?[/img]

Humm, It's a topic that's been covered time and time again on the atvusb-creator issues tab on the googlecode site. Please take the time to review them. It's a very simple work-around.
I'm curious if it's planned to fix the tool to point at the DMG in the future? I realize it's not that big of a deal to just download the DMG initially and then make the patchstick but in the past it was nice when you didn't have to do this. Or is the DMG a moving target that it isn't worth it?

It was also nice in the past to just tell friends/people, all you have to do is download ATVUSB-Creator and make a patchstick w/o any extra steps. As a sidenote, it's amazing how many people see this extra step as too hard and will plop down $50 for say ATVFlash.
tuckbodi Wrote:I'm curious if it's planned to fix the tool to point at the DMG in the future? I realize it's not that big of a deal to just download the DMG initially and then make the patchstick but in the past it was nice when you didn't have to do this. Or is the DMG a moving target that it isn't worth it?

Yes, trying to interleave it with a) current release, b) xbmc for mac development, c) broadcom crystalhd development and d) my real job.
davilla Wrote:Yes, trying to interleave it with a) current release, b) xbmc for mac development, c) broadcom crystalhd development and d) my real job.

Kewl. Knew about the other stuff and those are priority. Was just curious. Thx

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV USB Creator App - FAIL0