XBMC and Xbox 360 [Please use descriptive titles!]
jelle2503 Wrote:idk if you had a bad day at work.. or that you're just being narrowminded ..

but how could you choose a silly media centre above the capabilities of XBMC on a console.. (like xbox1) You confuse me, because Xbox1 still is one of the greatest gaming/media machines it just doesn't play HD and that's where XBOX media centre came from right... So how on earth could you not want to have an Xbox 360 with XBMC? Do you even like XBMC? It doesn't look it... trust me i'm a huge fan of XBMC

I have been dreaming the last past 3 years, how great XBMC on Xbox 360 would be.. Haven't you?

And your arguments don't make a whole lot of sense too... You can go out and pick up an arcade machine for around 150 (got mine for 149 euro), these machines are very quiet unless you play a game from DVD.. but we wouldn't need to with XBMC. we can stick in our own HDD now let it be 750gb.. we also are not forced anymore to buy ridiculously overpriced accesoirs anymore from MS, because we now have full system control.. everyone can join in on the fun, no more limits!

The 360 is a powerfull machine today still.. and cheap.. plays HD content just fine.. And who wouldn't dream of an Xbox 360 XBMC, if you have had XBMC as main dash for Xbox1!!

As far as the hacking part goes.. It has never been simpler. WHY? because I'm a guy with just 1 hour of soldering behind me, and I managed to do this all by myself just by reading the documentation.. that means that if i can do it, anyone could do with some practise and guidance
Just requires soldering around 10 wires with a few diodes and resistors, so less then xbox1 modchips
And the cygnosv2 is about as simple to solder on.. and this thing has full control over the nand, and has many good features like a dual nand setup.

I'm a bit disappointed in you

lol.
lol? I guess that's the only thing you can say after me having crushed your pathetic forum post.. yes you know it.. you could've at least reply with something else

you got no valid arguments and have no soul about XBMC anymore

you shouldn't even be part anything related to XBMC anymore

grumpy old schmuck

please ban me from this forum that'd be very appreciated! THANKS
jelle2503 Wrote:idk if you had a bad day at work.. or that you're just being narrowminded ..

but how could you choose a silly media centre above the capabilities of XBMC on a console.. (like xbox1) You confuse me, because Xbox1 still is one of the greatest gaming/media machines it just doesn't play HD and that's where XBOX media centre came from right... So how on earth could you not want to have an Xbox 360 with XBMC? Do you even like XBMC? It doesn't look it... trust me i'm a huge fan of XBMC
between my media center and xbmc running on my console, i use my media center exclusively. i dont think i have turned on my xbox1 running xbmc in... 4 months? and that was to play a game that wouldnt run on the 360. besides that, of the 3 xbox1's that i have access to (2 at home 1 at another location) none of them are as versatile as the "silly media center" i have.

Quote:I have been dreaming the last past 3 years, how great XBMC on Xbox 360 would be.. Haven't you?
nope. but thats my fault for knowing my hardware and realizing that its cheaper to run xbmc on a pc architecture which can have some fantastic case mods to make it look more like art than a huge clunky machine sitting next to the tv. sorry for wanting a game console that, well.... just plays games... my bad

Quote:And your arguments don't make a whole lot of sense too... You can go out and pick up an arcade machine for around 150 (got mine for 149 euro), these machines are very quiet unless you play a game from DVD.. but we wouldn't need to with XBMC. we can stick in our own HDD now let it be 750gb.. we also are not forced anymore to buy ridiculously overpriced accesoirs anymore from MS, because we now have full system control.. everyone can join in on the fun, no more limits!
no.. they are most decidedly NOT quiet. unless you are deaf. in that case yes they are pretty quiet... but then again, a pack of angry hyenas having angry sex with pissed off mountain trolls would be quiet too.
by the way, i have 1.5Tb in my 'silly ugly loud media center' and i didnt have to mod it to force that much in there. there was already a space set aside for new drives and everything!

Quote:The 360 is a powerfull machine today still.. and cheap.. plays HD content just fine.. And who wouldn't dream of an Xbox 360 XBMC, if you have had XBMC as main dash for Xbox1!!
i do agree that the hardware is fairly good in the horsepower department, does in fact play hd content and causes some people to dream about it in ways that are really not healthy according to mental health professionals.
im not one of those people though... maybe the meds worked for me... want my leftovers? i think i have a bottle around here somewhere...

Quote:As far as the hacking part goes.. It has never been simpler. WHY? because I'm a guy with just 1 hour of soldering behind me, and I managed to do this all by myself just by reading the documentation.. that means that if i can do it, anyone could do with some practise and guidance
Just requires soldering around 10 wires with a few diodes and resistors, so less then xbox1 modchips
And the cygnosv2 is about as simple to solder on.. and this thing has full control over the nand, and has many good features like a dual nand setup.
1 whole hour? wow impressive!
i was licensed by the state of california as a paramedic worked in the field as such for a while and logged many many training hours in classrooms, hospital settings and field training. much more than an hour by a looooong shot... im pretty sure i could remove your appendix without a problem... still want me to try?

look. if you are so big on xbmc360 then code it. you will have to wait until the 360 is doing more than just emulation ('cause ya know, none of those fancy things you tossed out will work worth a damn till then) but hey, maybe you can prove everyone wrong.
and you probably ought to make sure that you figure out how to keep my console from getting banned from live which you better know will happen once they get modded consoles actually running correctly. i think the only way you are going to get that one happening is to get hired as M$ CEO... better get crackin on that one...

the views expressed in this post are not the views representative of XBMC, its management, employees and/or subsidiaries or all parts of my own brain.
"no.. they are most decidedly NOT quiet." - new ones are....
Geeba Wrote:"no.. they are most decidedly NOT quiet." - new ones are....

ok... that may be... i have the halo3 model (a pro with a paint job)... its not anywhere near quiet...

which only means that rather than saying they are quiet... at best you could say some are quiet...the ones you would have to fork over near full retail price for even if you picked it up used.
Do yourself a favour and go buy one of the Atom based pc's some are cheaper and more powerfull than the XBOX 360 which sounds like a jumbo jet takeing off, and install XBMC on that.
And theres no point in badgering the devs any further as they simply have no interest in in xbmc for the 360 as there is little point in doing it(for once i agree with them)Wink
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
i just see that the community behind xbmc got lost. Remember what XBMC means ...
Scoof Wrote:i just see that the community behind xbmc got lost. Remember what XBMC means ...

It means XBMC Media Center. It is officially a recursive acronym and has been for a few years.

Of course, it used to mean something else, but that was before the onset of the HD generation and the desire by a majority of developers to watch something more than DVD rips.

No one is denying the importance of XBMC's history, but A) that's what it is... history, and B) the Xbox 360, which does not have an Intel processor, does not have a standard video card, and is not essentially a cheap computer, is not a part of that history. As far as the guts of the machine go, the Xbox 360 has more to do with the PS3 than the original Xbox.
^ well said, I agree! I completly understand if the devs dont care about developing XBMC for the 360

but I hope someone does Sad
Just wondering if you lovely devs are working on an xbmc build for the 360. With the recent new "hacks" its possible to run XEX files. I've been dreaming about xbmc on my 360 for years and I bet I'm not alone on that.
In a word ...."no"

No x86 CPU...... pretty much ends there, even thou its named Xbox its about as far away as possible from the original one.....

search the site been discussed many times.
I did search to be honest I just though that now the 360 has been "hacked" for real we might see something. I dont know what the requirements are to be able to run xbmc but I have seen the 360 running ubuntu with all 3 cores and a slow running xbmc. But I guess nothing will ever be like xbmc for the original xbox.
* lefty420 goes and cries alone in the corner.

Also found this

Quote:XBMC dev confirms team is working on a 360 port
Spiff of the Xbox Media Center development team has revealed to Logic-Sunrise that a private team is indeed working on porting XBMC over to the Xbox 360 with the recently announced Free60 exploit!

Might be bs I dont know I just love dreaming Smile
lefty420 Wrote:I did search to be honest I just though that now the 360 has been "hacked" for real we might see something. I dont know what the requirements are to be able to run xbmc but I have seen the 360 running ubuntu with all 3 cores and a slow running xbmc. But I guess nothing will ever be like xbmc for the original xbox.
* natethomas goes and cries alone in the corner.

Also found this

Might be bs I dont know I just love dreaming Smile

Any article that refers to XBMC as the Xbox Media Center you can assume is total bunk. As to that article, it is pretty misleading. There IS a team that was trying to port XBMC to the 360, it just wasn't this team. That team may or may not have contacted spiff, spiff acknowledged that he'd possibly spoken to them, and the reporter decided to dream big dreams without actually finding out that none of the actual XBMC devs have any interest in the port.
Thanks for clearing that up for me. I own an ion based system but still have this underlying urge to have xbmc on my 360. I totaly understand that xbmc has evolved now, but to me it will always be xbox media center an app for a hacked console. I totaly respect all you devs and will continue to use xbmc on whatever platform its build for.
I think the point is, now it's possible, and xbmc was the most awesome app on the original xbox, so someone will look at porting it...that's why it's called homebrew...
even though the processor is different, it is still a microsoft dev kit. I'm sure a lot of the code would be very close to the same. Since it's open source...the right people could make it happen, let's just sit back, and see who's interested.

The 360 is expensive now, but soon microsoft will keep dropping the price, in order to compete with the loss of market share to ps3, and wii...

check ebay for xbox, under $50! I still buy them for media centers for various tv's in my house...

The ultimate goal, is 1 box, for every tv, that can play games, or xbmc, (live tv, networked media, etc..)..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC and Xbox 360 [Please use descriptive titles!]0