Mouse cursor bug: Cursor does not hide
I do think that we need to address this issue as many of us need to leave our systems on continuously and not being able to sleep and then wake the display without this issue is a major problem. Even if it means taking the same route as Plex I think it needs to be addressed before the next release.
I agree. For me on a Panasonic plasma it means everytime I pause or the tv goes into standby mode (3 minutes) I have to hit the fullscreen button on my remote
MBP late 2009 - TimeCapsule 2TB - Harmony One+ - Readynas NV+ 8TB RAID5 - Mac Mini late 2009 with 10.9.0 and VDA - Panasonic TX-PG420ES -
This is related to windowing issues and how they are currently handled. Unfortunately, there's nothing that can be done without a complete refactor of the osx widow handling code which is planned for after Dharma release. Dharma entered feature freeze before this could be done and since the risk of unknown bugs would be very high, it was decided to wait.
jmarshall Wrote:A decent solution may be for XBMC to remember the cursor position and then move the cursor to the bottom right. When the mouse pops up again it's not an issue then.

When XBMC is to restore the system mouse we restore it back to where it should be.

Alternatively we ALWAYS move the mouse to bottom right (assuming mouse isn't enabled) when in fullscreen mode.

im very confused regarding the hesitation to just do the hide cursor every ten second plex method? is it some kind of lingering animosity towards plex?? it sure seems like it, since about 2 years ago this problem has been ongoing and hasnt been fixed.

you're ready to use hacks to move the mouse to bottom corner automatically, or remember mouse position, or any number of semi working methods, but not to implement the one way that seems to ACTUALLY WORK. regardless of if you classify it as the hammer approach.

also, while the cursor is in bottom right or left, or top left right i can always still see some parts of if.
nmirza Wrote:im very confused regarding the hesitation to just do the hide cursor every ten second plex method? is it some kind of lingering animosity towards plex?? it sure seems like it, since about 2 years ago this problem has been ongoing and hasnt been fixed.

you're ready to use hacks to move the mouse to bottom corner automatically, or remember mouse position, or any number of semi working methods, but not to implement the one way that seems to ACTUALLY WORK. regardless of if you classify it as the hammer approach.

also, while the cursor is in bottom right or left, or top left right i can always still see some parts of if.

Because it's a silly hack and I for one will not be adding silly hacks into code that I control Smile The re-factor is the right way to do it and it also solves many other issues with windowing that have lingering hacks.
Davilla - what do you do to stop the mouse from showing? I just switched from Linux version to OSX version b/c I got two new mac minis and it is very annoying for the cursor to always show. I have no problem waiting for a real fix just curious how you mitigate the cursor issue.
nugentgl Wrote:Davilla - what do you do to stop the mouse from showing? I just switched from Linux version to OSX version b/c I got two new mac minis and it is very annoying for the cursor to always show. I have no problem waiting for a real fix just curious how you mitigate the cursor issue.

my production boxes are atv(linux) with chd. my dev boxes are macmini(osx), there, I don't care if cursor shows.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mouse cursor bug: Cursor does not hide0