2 questions, playlists, and fanart
My first question is regarding PLAYLISTS
i created a couple of playlists to see how they work in xbmc and now i cant delete them,
ive tried:
1) right clicking various places to try and search for a delete button
2) hovering mouse to the left edge of the screen hoping the delete button would fly in
3) ive tried pressing the "Y" button bcuz thats what i learnt by searching the forums
.................BUT i still havent found what im looking for !!!
HOW DO I DELETE THE PLAYLISTS HuhHuh?

Question Number 2
i have very tediously setup my entire library with id3 tags, album arts, fanarts, and cdarts

and almost always it works fine

but in 2 cases, xbmc changes the fanart in specific albums,
so if an artist as 6 albums, the fanart remains constant across 5 of the albums but as soon as i open the sixth album, the fanart changes automatically to some other picture (which i dont really like) ...
and if i "right click" to get out to the homescreen while a song from that sixth album is playing, the bacground picture turns to the default picture that is set to the "music" button on the homescrren, as if the artist has no fanart at all.

i would like to know where this picture is coming from, or where xbmc saves it on my pc, so maybe i can change it,,, and also try to make it display on the homescreen when a song from this album is playing

thanks in advance
qaxl Wrote:My first question is regarding PLAYLISTS
i created a couple of playlists to see how they work in xbmc and now i cant delete them,
ive tried:
1) right clicking various places to try and search for a delete button
2) hovering mouse to the left edge of the screen hoping the delete button would fly in
3) ive tried pressing the "Y" button bcuz thats what i learnt by searching the forums
.................BUT i still havent found what im looking for !!!
HOW DO I DELETE THE PLAYLISTS HuhHuh?

Not at home to test on mine at the moment. Try reverting to another skin (I'd suggest PMIII) and see if you can delete the playlist from there? If so, what button / method does this?

It may have just been missed in the skin and I'm sure ronie will fix in the next release. Or if I get a chance I'll suss it out.

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
Q1: right click on the playlist, on the context menu there's a delete option.
Q2: fanart is cached in ../userdata/Thumbnails/Music/Fanart
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I guess something is wrong with my xbmc then

if this isnt the menu u are talking about plz upload a screenshot so i can see the delete button
i tried what cranial said ... but couldnt delete playlists from other themes aswell,

as for the userdata ......... same thing .. cant find a thumbnails folder in userdata

i really dont know whats going on here :S

i downloaded the XBMC-Rev24171 a month ago - u think it needs an update ?

Q1 which version of xbmc are you using?
Q2 check C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Thumbnails\Music\Fanart
or C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\XBMC\userdata\Thumbnails\Music\Fanart (depending on windows version)
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
1) This is my version

2) THANK U VERY MUCH
the path for userdata worked, and i successfully removed the annoying fanart
is there a way to manually add fanart like this to specific albums Huh
for example if an artist has an album from a concert, is it possible to load a fanart picture from that concert (provided ofcourse that i have that pic) , ONLY for that album , and for the rest of the albums the fanart remains sameHuhHuh
qaxl Wrote:1) This is my version

i can confirm there was no 'delete' option in xbmc at that time.
just update to a newer build (or wait till 9.11 is released) and it will be there.

qaxl Wrote:2) THANK U VERY MUCH
the path for userdata worked, and i successfully removed the annoying fanart
is there a way to manually add fanart like this to specific albums Huh
for example if an artist has an album from a concert, is it possible to load a fanart picture from that concert (provided ofcourse that i have that pic) , ONLY for that album , and for the rest of the albums the fanart remains sameHuhHuh

as far as i know, it's not possible
UPDATE:

i have found out that if i remove the "annoying fanart" from the userdata directory, every album of the artist gets the same fanart bacground, just as it should be....... but then i tried something Smile
i took a random picture , and renamed it to be the same as the "annoying fanart" and put it in the fanart folder in userdata directory, and guess what !!! the same album which had the "annoying fanart" now had the new random picture as background, so i suppose xbmc still has at the back of its mind to look for that filename and place it as fanart for that particular album..... if only i could figure out how do this more consistently, im sure there is a way, i just dont know what.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2 questions, playlists, and fanart0