Combining Qualar Mod & Color Fork
First off, a big thanks to both of you for putting so much time in on excellent skins.

I've been using both, and like features out of both of them. Now I have limited experience coding with PHP & XML, but was wondering how difficult it would be to take the parts I like out of one mod and incorporate it into the other?
What parts do you like in Color Fork that you would like in my mod.
sorry for the long wait for reply, but I finally got around to downloading the latest copies of both and now I'm using Qualar as the default (much improved with the revisions I think).

there are just a few items that would be awesome if they could be implemented

TV Shows
- Instead of the check mark for watched items, I prefer Color Fork's method of putting a [NEW] tag in the corner for unwatched items. Could that be optionized into Qualar? (yes, I just verbed a noun. deal with it. :p )

- I use the Banner List for viewing TV shows, but the animated backdrop for the highlisted TV show is gone. could that be added back to that view? I love the fact that it's animated where it's shown. Adds an extra "punch" to the skin I think.

- When viewing a season list of TV Shows, I use Large Poster, but your skin includes part of the TV show description along the bottom of the screen, with no way to really read it without backing out to the main TV Show List. Could that section just be removed altogether, so Large Poster Season List is just the large posters?

Movies
- Your 3D Wrap View for Movies is absolutely awesome, however there are two items with it, one bug, and one request.
= BUG: When viewing the 3D Wrap View, the place holder for "Back" actually shows up as one of the movie posters, sometimes changing depending on how fast or slow I rotate through the the movies.
= REQUEST: would it be possible to have a 3D Wrap View without the info on screen? Like the FanArt view? then you can press the normal "i" to get the information if you want.

Other
- On the System Info, would it be possible to indicate the connection status of the various shares that XBMC connects to for content? My XBMC serves as a player only, and the actual content is hosted on multiple computers & shares (live with roomates and we've all got our own stuff). Now even though the XBMC library shows that all the content is there, if the share isn't accessible for some reason, it won't play. It'd be nice if there was an indicator on the System Info Tab that shows the status of all the shares.

- This is more general to XBMC, so I'm not sure if it's skin related or not. Would it be possible to get rid of the "back" placeholder in each content section? I'm used to just hitting [backspace] to go up a level, and seeing a drab back arrow next to the detailed season posters & fanart just looks silly.

Grats
I'd also like to say again that this is a fantastic mod of a great skin Qualar. I'm in the process of building a few HTPC's for friends, and I'm going to be using your skin as the default on all of them because it's so good. Definitely awesome job with it. Hopefully I didn't go to overboard with requests.

Thanks!
- Z
Zxurian Wrote:sorry for the long wait for reply, but I finally got around to downloading the latest copies of both and now I'm using Qualar as the default (much improved with the revisions I think).

there are just a few items that would be awesome if they could be implemented

TV Shows
- Instead of the check mark for watched items, I prefer Color Fork's method of putting a [NEW] tag in the corner for unwatched items. Could that be optionized into Qualar? (yes, I just verbed a noun. deal with it. :p )

- I use the Banner List for viewing TV shows, but the animated backdrop for the highlisted TV show is gone. could that be added back to that view? I love the fact that it's animated where it's shown. Adds an extra "punch" to the skin I think.

- When viewing a season list of TV Shows, I use Large Poster, but your skin includes part of the TV show description along the bottom of the screen, with no way to really read it without backing out to the main TV Show List. Could that section just be removed altogether, so Large Poster Season List is just the large posters?

Movies
- Your 3D Wrap View for Movies is absolutely awesome, however there are two items with it, one bug, and one request.
= BUG: When viewing the 3D Wrap View, the place holder for "Back" actually shows up as one of the movie posters, sometimes changing depending on how fast or slow I rotate through the the movies.
= REQUEST: would it be possible to have a 3D Wrap View without the info on screen? Like the FanArt view? then you can press the normal "i" to get the information if you want.

Other
- On the System Info, would it be possible to indicate the connection status of the various shares that XBMC connects to for content? My XBMC serves as a player only, and the actual content is hosted on multiple computers & shares (live with roomates and we've all got our own stuff). Now even though the XBMC library shows that all the content is there, if the share isn't accessible for some reason, it won't play. It'd be nice if there was an indicator on the System Info Tab that shows the status of all the shares.

- This is more general to XBMC, so I'm not sure if it's skin related or not. Would it be possible to get rid of the "back" placeholder in each content section? I'm used to just hitting [backspace] to go up a level, and seeing a drab back arrow next to the detailed season posters & fanart just looks silly.

Grats
I'd also like to say again that this is a fantastic mod of a great skin Qualar. I'm in the process of building a few HTPC's for friends, and I'm going to be using your skin as the default on all of them because it's so good. Definitely awesome job with it. Hopefully I didn't go to overboard with requests.

Thanks!
- Z

Unfortunately my new iMac is delayed so any work on modding is also delayed but here are my thoughts on your requests.

1. Tick vs New overlay - Unfortunately I prefer the tick. The new tag makes no sense to me. NEW to me means that the movie is NEW but all it means in the XBMC context is that it has not been watched which I feel is incorrect. So as the Colorfork caters for people who prefer the new tag I will stick to the tick for watched.

2. I will look at the animated backdrop request for the next release.

3. Don't understand what you mean with regards to the Large Poster view. If you explain again I will look into it.

4. I will look at the the 3D Wrapview 'No Info' option. Maybe, I will offer option to trigger the info by pressing up.

5. Connextion status request. If this is done in another skin I will do it. If you point me to a skin that does it.

6. Back button can be removed in XBMC's settings. Not skin related.

7. Thankyou for your kind words.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Combining Qualar Mod & Color Fork1