Cyberlink Remote
Question 
Hi guys,

I'm running the latest XBMC Live version (Not the latest beta, but I will probably be upgrading soon). I'm using the Cyberlink remote that seems to be a total nightmare to get running correctly. I've followed a couple of tutorials here and I have managed to get half of the remote working and recognised. But I am totally unable to get the coloured buttons at the top of the remote and 3/4 of the buttons in the white box working.

Does anyone have the lircd.conf, hardware.conf, Lircmap.xml that make this remote work properly?

Regards,

Kai.
kaigoh Wrote:Hi guys,
Does anyone have the lircd.conf, hardware.conf, Lircmap.xml that make this remote work properly?

Which tutorial did you follow.

Also can you do the following on the command line and press all the coloured buttons your having a problem with and paste the output here...

Code:
tail -f ~/.xbmc/userdata/xbmc.log | grep -i lirc

BTW, I do have the Cyberlink remote and do have those buttons working and usable. but the solution to your problem will depend very much on how you've got it set up.
Question 
Hi lozbrown85, thanks for the reply.

I followed your guide, and I also followed the other guide too, both with the same results, most of the buttons work, but not all.

If I run irw, I see the usual mappings, i.e. Play, Pause, Skip etc. but when I press one of the coloured buttons or most of the buttons in the white box, I get nothing at all.

At first I thought it was a dodgy remote, but I have two of them and neither of them show any output for the same buttons through irw.

I'm not at home at the minute, but I'll post the log output when I get a chance.

Thanks,

Kai.
Hold up

I think I've just realised, if your using the current xbmc live that's based on ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty. Which does not include the patch to resolve the issues with the cyberlink remote. No amount of tinkering will make those buttons work...

This wont work until your using the latest version which i believe is based on ubuntu 9.10 karmic. If you've followed my guide it should all just start working after the upgrade, if not I'll try and help you out then. Wink
Question 
Just to point out, I am using the latest beta of Xbmc live. I've tried your method and still no luck!

Cheers mate,

Kai.
Hmmm

let me see the output of the following commands:

Code:
uname -a

Code:
ps -ef | grep -i lirc

and we'll go from there.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cyberlink Remote0