System Error
My wife was nice enough to bring home a computer from her work when they got new units, a year later, ive decided to turn it into a media pc for my living room. The unit required a disc in order to boot into Windows, and i was not given the disc, so basically i am ready to install XMBC ontop of whats already there. I am unsure exactly what kind of pc it is, more or less looks generically made, what i do know it has a intel pentium 4, 2.8 ghz proc, 512 of ddr ram, and a gigabyte vid card.

well, ive d/l'd the iso, burned, and booted from optical, i see the splash screen and choose to install. still in dos mode i get this.

Starting up ...

crc error

-- System halted

any clues on what i need to do?
Maybe a bad disc burn? Try to verify the disc when burning. Also, some more info about your system specs could not hurt. Do you have any linux live-cd for testing (like Ubuntu)?
Ubuntu 9.10 - XBMC 9.11 Beta
I see the XBMC splash screen, but its definatly a video driver issue. I am going to install Ubuntu 9.10 as my o/s then run XBMC in it, I originally wanted to run XBMC as a standalone, without a platform to support it, but doesent really matter.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
System Error0