Screen Res dx builds ?
In GL builds you get the option of lots of different resolutions and refresh rates but in dx builds you don't is this temporary or permanent ?
The DX builds always use your fullscreen resolution. As far as I know, there's no plan to include options for different resolutions.
Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
Gigabyte MA78GM-U2SH Mainboard
ATI HD3200 Onboard
AMD 7750BE Dual-Core 4.00GB RAM
ATI HD3200 HDMI Sound
HTPC HMDI -> ONKYO TX-SR605 -> Panasonic TH-46PZ85U Plasma
Yes I'm aware that's how it works which is why I asked as currently it doesn't allow you to have windows set to one resolution and XBMC set to another as in GL builds

So for example on a 42" plasma with a res of 1024x768 you either have to have an odd shape desktop so you can have XBMC at its native res 1024x768 or desktop at a widescreen res but XBMC not at the native res, GL you could have both
You can't in either build anymore. I see very little reason for allowing it either. 99% of displays nowadays have a native resolution and running at anything other than that resolution is pointless.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:You can't in either build anymore. I see very little reason for allowing it either. 99% of displays nowadays have a native resolution and running at anything other than that resolution is pointless.

To be honest I agree the need for it is very limited I always advised anyone getting a screen that's going to be hooked up to a pc to avoid 42" 1024x768 screens unfortunately they don't always listen, just wanted to know as I'm going to set xbmc up for someone on that screen type so if they want both their be getting Rev22516
jmarshall Wrote:You can't in either build anymore. I see very little reason for allowing it either. 99% of displays nowadays have a native resolution and running at anything other than that resolution is pointless.
Well, pretty much all 42" plasmas since before one year ago have the 1024x768 problem. I still think that giving an option in advancedsettings.xml would be the wisest choice.
What problem? XBMC runs just fine at 1024x768 on a 16x9 panel - you naturally need to calibrate the pixel ratio, however.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I just installed 9.11, and also noticed that now I can't specifiy a resolution in XBMC... I think that it is sad the feature is gone Sad

I use my PC connected to a 17" 4:3 monitor for normal PC use, and use TV out (clone mode) connected to my widescreen TV when I run XBMC.

The fact that I now have to change the resolution on the PC before I run XBMC is frustrating... is there any way around this?

Thanks,
Greg

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Screen Res dx builds ?0