• 7(current)
AppleTV Event Client for Linux in development...
Unless you turn it on manually the fan is always disabled in Linux as far as I know. The only sound mine makes is the hard drive.
uf..., I'm gonna check that. Are you >98% sure? Kind of affraid that i'll fry it, but otherwise that's a great info, I can make it completely silent!
Try enabling/disabling the fan using atvtool if you want to experiment. You'll need to stop atvclient first though. You can grab atvtool from here: http://peter.korsgaard.com/atv/
@Evinyatar
Thanks for the great work
I'm wondering if you have found the magic word to activate universal mode.
I read that you have to search in a file of 40 mb.
All hope is lost? Smile
I am wondering if anyone got the original xbox remote working with atvclient.
Hey guys,

i know, this thread is a bit old, but last week I've got one of the new aluminium remotes with one extra play button and want to use them with ATV1 + OpenELEC-.

While playing around with atvclient in debug mode i found out, that this remote send for backward compatibility first one new event eg.
CENTER -> 0x05c
and then the old event for
CENTER 0x05
The same handle is for the extra PLAY-button (0x05f -> 0x05), so with atvclient both result in the same event.

So i tryed to implement this both in atvclient today. I'm really no cpp-expert, but i understand this code and my little hack works fine for me.
First i compare the previus event, and when its 0x05 or c0x05f and was changing within <200ms i overwrite the real event with own new events that i handle like the other stuff...

however, so i'm able to define four new events
#define EVENT_SILVER_PLAY 12
#define EVENT_SILVER_HOLD_PLAY 97
#define EVENT_SILVER_CENTER 11
#define EVENT_SILVER_HOLD_CENTER 98
which could used in xbmc's keymap.xml

The code based on latest git and can be found here.
A prebuild i386 test-binary can be found here.

For use in OpenELEC i just kill buildin atvclient and start the patched from /storage/bin/atvclient with /storage/autostart.sh.

so far and best regards
// tetzlav
I would like to use the appletv remote with an appletv 1st gen to send the events over the network to a raspberrypi running xbmc.

Would it be possible to accept the ip address of the remote host as a command line?
(2013-03-05, 07:45)amirseni Wrote: I would like to use the appletv remote with an appletv 1st gen to send the events over the network to a raspberrypi running xbmc.

Would it be possible to accept the ip address of the remote host as a command line?

Solved it,

Had to modify xbmcclient.h
from
m_Addr.sin_addr.s_addr = INADDR_ANY;

to
m_Addr.sin_addr.s_addr = inet_addr("192.168.0.119");

If i had more cpp experience i would probably add command line argument for ip, but hardcoding the ip and compiling works fine for me.
I added my Twisted Melon's Manta TR1 (147a:e03a) USB IR Receiver support (NEC signal supported on this receiver) to atvclient but I have no idea how to add correct buttons for my apple remote(silver)

When I start atvclient on openelec it response these lines:
For UP Button:
Code:
openelec:~ # atvclient -m -d
Creating socket...
Preparing button map...
Paired to: 0
Ready!
84 ff b6 5b 8b
Unknown event b6
84 0c 8b 22 8b
Unknown event 8b
84 22 8b 22 8b
Unknown event 8b
84 0b 8c 21 8c
Unknown event 8c
84 21 8b 22 8c
Unknown event 8b
84 21 8c 21 8b
Unknown event 8c
84 22 8b 0c 8b
Unknown event 8b
84 0c 8b 0b 8b
Unknown event 8b
84 0c 8b 22 8b
Unknown event 8b
84 22 8b 22 8b
Unknown event 8b
84 0c 8a 23 8b
Unknown event 8a
84 0b 8b 0c 8b
Unknown event 8b
84 0c 8b 0b 8b
Unknown event 8b
84 22 8b 0c 8b
Unknown event 8b
84 0c 8b 21 8c
Unknown event 8b
84 21 8b 0c 8b
Unknown event 8b
84 0c 8a 23 8b
Unknown event 8a
84 7f 7f 7f 7f
Unknown event 7f
84 7f 7f 7f 7f
Unknown event 7f
84 7f 7f 7f 7f
Unknown event 7f
84 7f 7f 7f 7f
Unknown event 7f
83 7f 7f 7f 80
Unknown event 7f
Event id: 0000
^C
openelec:~ #

How can I add these to atvclient? No idea how to use or read these lines Sad
(2013-05-11, 14:49)queeup Wrote: I added my Twisted Melon's Manta TR1 (147a:e03a) USB IR Receiver support (NEC signal supported on this receiver) to atvclient but I have no idea how to add correct buttons for my apple remote(silver)

Why do you not just use a real Apple IR sensor? like found here.....
http://teknogeekz.com/blog/?p=376

it looks like the code for ATV client was recently updated to support additional Apple IR receivers
Sorry to bring this back from the dead. I recently converted over from an ATV2 to a ATV1 with the super easy Crystalbuntu installation. I use a Harmony One and I would like the page down and page up to function like they did for the ATV2. How would I best go about this?
AiRTiMe32

you need to use the "-m" option
See this thread http://forum.stmlabs.com/showthread.php?tid=14293

here is the command line found there for Crystalbuntu 2
Code:
echo 'OPTIONS="-m"' | sudo tee /etc/default/atvclient
sudo initctl stop xbmc
sudo initctl restart atvclient
sudo initctl start xbmc
Since this thread has been revived Someone may have an interest in this maybe Evinyatar?

http://forum.stmlabs.com/showthread.php?tid=14293
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AppleTV Event Client for Linux in development...0