MCE remote configuration - more info
If you've been following my adventures trying to get the Microsoft Media Center remote to do something useful, grab http://www.ratsauce.plus.com/mceremote.zip. I spend the weekend systematically identifying all the buttons on the remote and writing up the details.

In particular, the Windows button is button 0d, so you can map this to e.g. ctrl-shift-X and set ctrl-shift-X as the hotkey for the XBMC menu item. That way the Windows button will launch XBMC instead of Media Center.

Also someone was asking about displaying the context menu when you press the Info button. To do this just map button 0f to "C".

Both of these are in my updated Remote-XBMC.reg.

JR
Hi,

First of all, thanks for working on this and sharing it.

I'm using the remote that was delivered with the ION-330-HT, and your Remote-XBMC registry hack.

Most of the stuff works, but I can't get to the DVD menu or the context menu. Now, I'd like to use your ShowKey.exe to create a .reg file for this remote, but I don't see any keypresses at all in this application. Any idea why?

Thanks in advance!
What a great work jhsrennie!! Thank you!

All buttons work well except the Info (context menu) with Remote-SendKeys.reg (with Remote-XBMC.reg works fine).

I hope you fix it when you have some time as I like to play both with MCE and XBMC.
Thanks

To Laundro: Try resizing the ShowKey.exe window, that worked for me!
Thanks Mr Flute. Do check out this thread as well: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=61571&page=4
Electric Flute Wrote:All buttons work well except the Info (context menu) with Remote-SendKeys.reg (with Remote-XBMC.reg works fine).

I'm not sure how to configure the Info button to make it work with both MCE and XBMC. With the default configuration the Info button sends an IR code and not a keystroke. I haven't changed this in Remote-SendKeys.reg because I wasn't sure what to change it to. If anyone has a suggestion please post here!

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MCE remote configuration - more info0