New Skins! Question
Ladies and Gents,

I recently d/l xbmc and I love it. I'm working on a windows vista computer, and all is well. I have my libraries setup how I like them, and everything is working well.

My question, I want to goto the new AEON skin. Ive never done anything than my initial setup when I originally d/l xbmc (last week).

Will I need to redo my library completely, or will it use my same settings?

Also, once I d/l AEON, is the setup simply a click .exe file and it does the rest, or do I have to do alot of tech jargon stuff to get the new skin implemented?

I'm new here....so dont be harsh.

Also, I'm thinking of adding a mac mini to another room. Do you think the mac mini with 2gb ram will suffice? Im using a windows based with 4gb with no problems right now.

Thanks for any and all answers.
Hi, welcome to the forums. Usually it's better if you split up your questions to different threads since it's easier to follow.

You skinquestion, every skin has its own layout and will present media as the skinner chooses, hence the views might be different and you would need to alter it abit.

You won't need to scan your media again ofc. you might just need to change the views abit.

Installing skins is no installation per se (especially _not_ an exe, so dont' use that if you've found it as it might not be secure). Skins are just a compressed folder, decompress it in your skinfolder. Wiki should tell you were it is on windows. Soonish this installation will hopefully be available from within XBMC but today you'll have to unzip it manually (which can be done from within xbmc ofc.).

Hope I answered some of your questions.
Cheers,
Tobias
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Thanks for the quick response.

So if I understand you correctly, i'll download the skin (zip file) then unpack it to my skins folder? then somewhere in xbmc i'll have the option of selecting it? Sorry, I'm not real tech savvy.
Settings>Apperance
joebrady Wrote:Settings>Apperance

ok..thanks. You guys are quick to help, dont get that much in todays forums.

Do I need to delete old skins when I unpack the new ones, or no?
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO_insta...ns_in_XBMC

No, you can have multiple skins to choose from.
joebrady Wrote:http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO_insta...ns_in_XBMC

No, you can have multiple skins to choose from.

Thank you very much for the link. Answered that question I had.
bp4life71 Wrote:Sorry, I'm not real tech savvy.

Thats good, the less tech savvy you are and still able to use XBMC the better we have done Smile The aim is that anyone should be able to use it Smile
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Skins! Question0