Folder view request for confluence
All,

Just downloaded Confuence with Camelot.

Looks nice, but I really miss & need a folder view for the various areas (Videos, Music, Etc) in XBMC.

Why?

Well, in my "Videos" library, I keep my copies of my DVD's for easy access (about 900+)

Then in the folder view, I have special topics - Surfing, Exercise, Educational, etc., as well as direct access to videos.

"Music" is much the same - the standard MP3's in the music library, and then in Folder view again the specialties: Language training, Christmas music, Classical, New Age... Items that I would not want to just pop up during a suffle play of my Music library.

Since (I believe) that XBMC does not support multiple libraries, the folder view has been the best way for me to keep these items separate.

Sure, I can pop back into PMIII to get that folder view (as well as access to to a more robust list of items in the shutdown command, including system info [ip address, version, etc]), but I would really rather see these items in Confluence.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
I think you mean "files view" which is accessible via the menu on the left.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

you can use profiles to have multiple libraries
JM,
If you put in the feature request to add custom Home menu items (via settings) it would solve this issue... as well as others. Users could simply add custom menu buttons, name them, choose an existing source, and set the button to Folder/File view... done.

I sincerely hope you add this.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
All,

Found my error... I am used to things being overtly obvious in PMIII.

Confluence is a bit slicker, using the right arrow over the specific option (if it has a small (>) underneath the word) can bring up a submenu.

v.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Folder view request for confluence0