[XBOX] Post your Xbox memory gaining Tips, Tricks & Tweaks here!
Information 
Hey,

Would be great to have a thread about tips & tweaks to get Xbox running newer builds of XBMC with no memory problems!
EG: disabling certain features, skin tweaks etc!

Would be good if people could post there tips & tweaks here, how to do the tweaks and how it has worked for them on 720p, using fanart etc.

Big GrinLaugh
1. Disable everything you don't use, ex. upnp, web, etc.

2. Run a "light" skin, ex. Rapier, MiniMeedia, Redux, etc.

3. Resize your fanart, if needed.

4. Use the default thumbsize (192).

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Disable unnecessary animations.
When using mplayer lower cache size (through as.xml on newer versions)....
-= Team Kodi developer fueled by heavy metal =-
Did tried a lot to gain more memory for the xbox and the best thing you can do is disabling views.
Default mimiMeedia has 7 views and runs ok for the xbox.
In MiniMeedia Waffa there are 10 views and with 10 views you will have memory problems.
Now I did made an options to hide views and when you do memory will shoot up enormously !!!
With 4 views I have 21 MB free in Movietitles.
Playing music and scroll thru movies at the same time no problems, lol I couldn't do this since. I used PMIII.

MiniMeedia Waffa has got a lot of extra's and animations all work great on the xbox.

I can only say try the skin out and see for yourself how much memory you can save.
Btw next version will be even use less memory..
Did give the views there own xml file and that saves memory to..
Will upload new version in a few days.
Resize backgrounds
Waffa this sounds very promising and I wonder will it work with other skins? It would be great since a lot of the bugs in xbmc for xbox seem to be ironed out we could try focus on getting memory consumption to as little as possible while keeping all the cool features we have come to love.
4. Use the default thumbsize (192).
Is this for album art/movie thumbs etc?
I find XTV is pretty darn good on memory.
As long as disabling the backround video/visulistaion etc.
However, it doesnt have some new features like, studio tags and trailers.

I tried the waffa skin but something wasn't quite right. Couldnt see anything when i selected movies etc :S
stanley87 Wrote:4. Use the default thumbsize (192).
Is this for album art/movie thumbs etc?
Yup.
XBMC Manual - BlackBolt - SVN Guide - Skin SVN - Wide Icon SVN - ROM Shortcut Generator
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me :P
So what officially *is* the most memory-efficient skin? PMIII?

Upon startup, with all servers except FTP disabled, I can usually have 42MB free.
stanley87 Wrote:I find XTV is pretty darn good on memory.
As long as disabling the backround video/visulistaion etc.
However, it doesnt have some new features like, studio tags and trailers.

I tried the waffa skin but something wasn't quite right. Couldnt see anything when i selected movies etc :S
Yep your memory, if you wait longer screen will come.
You NEED!!!!!!!! To disable views (see skin settings all catogories) to work it properly for the xbox. It's up to you how lite the skin runs.!!!!! Disable more means faster..........
stanley87, also try Rapier Qualar Mod which runs very smooth on the xbox.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Waffa: When you say "disable views", what do you mean exactly?
I use transparency with my xbox. occasionally I will run into an issue and have to reboot, but for the most part it runs great. Not as quick as it does on my desktop with windows 7 though. There is usually a half second lag on fanart and changing menus but thats ok.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[XBOX] Post your Xbox memory gaining Tips, Tricks & Tweaks here!0