Multiple FanArts
Hi

Many shows/movies have multiple fan arts. How do I define to load all of them, and have a rotation of them. Kind of like how we have a rotation of fan art on the main screen of some skins?

Similarly, same story for musicians. For example, Katie Melua has 180 pictures on last.fm ?
http://www.last.fm/music/Katie+Melua/+images

Thank you
zarooba Wrote:Hi

Many shows/movies have multiple fan arts. How do I define to load all of them, and have a rotation of them. Kind of like how we have a rotation of fan art on the main screen of some skins?

Similarly, same story for musicians. For example, Katie Melua has 180 pictures on last.fm ?
http://www.last.fm/music/Katie+Melua/+images

Thank you

Yes it's possible, but it's not inherently supported by XBMC engine... this has to be done in the skin.
It's not 'simple'... you need to learn a lot about skinning... OR make a request that one of the skinners add it to their skin (you need to make a request in the right skin forum)

Your chances are slim though, since it will complicate the skinning code and will mean that users will have THREE music fanarts...

1) Original artist fanart (in artist folder)
2) Album fanart (in album folder, NOT to be confused with album art)
3) Your new Multiple Fanart (almost certainly in its own folder)
I think Transparency does a fanart slideshow, as well as CDart slideshow. Try it out
Niamhy Wrote:I think Transparency does a fanart slideshow, as well as CDart slideshow. Try it out

Transparency does do it on the home screen, but not once I head into movies. Also, this could be a scrapper problem -- how do I set scrappers to download all fanart available for a movie? Or it could be a problem of being nice on htbackdrops/thetvdb, as downloading all fanart would increase their bandwidth use drastically.

Just wondering if I am the only one wanting to see rotating fanart per each movie/tvshow/artist.
it's a nice idea, no doubt about it.
it's just not implemented in xbmc.

you'd have to manually download all the extra fanart and store them in a separate folder for each movie.
next, you'll need to code some 'dirty' workarounds in the skin to show the multiple fanarts instead of the default one.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple FanArts0