• 72(current)
Back Row General Discussion
(2015-08-24, 11:26)AshG Wrote: Hi Sharp - am I right in thinking you can't change/disable the submenus for Live TV? I can't see it as an option under settings although there seems to be submenu options for music. Movies etc..

The reason I ask is that the PVR (mythTV) that I use bundles both TV channels and radio channels together. Where as the submenu under Live TV list Radio channels and when selected nothing is displayed (a file window, listing my local share is displayed) ideally I would like to disable this option?

Hi AshG

Oh yeah you know I never did add the submenu customisation stuff for for live TV in the skin settings - I was going to but I guess, as I don't use the PVR functions myself, it's totally been missed.

When I get some time over the next week I'll see about adding those settings.
Hi Sharpe,
I have an issue on Isengard 15.1...
When playing a video, I pressed Tab to switch to menu and select another one, the thumbnail video window freeze at the last frame last seen.

Is this new feature in Isengard or Backrow bug?
I've upgraded from 14.2, do I need to clean up all user settings?
Yeah I imagine it's related to this change in the skinning engine.

To be honest, as it's meant to be a change to the next Kodi release (Jarvis), I wasn't expecting it to be included in Isengard but it does look like they slipped it into the 15.1 release of Isengard earlier than expected.

Unless I'm wrong and it is some sort of settings issue.
(2015-08-24, 11:26)AshG Wrote: Hi Sharp - am I right in thinking you can't change/disable the submenus for Live TV? I can't see it as an option under settings although there seems to be submenu options for music. Movies etc..

The reason I ask is that the PVR (mythTV) that I use bundles both TV channels and radio channels together. Where as the submenu under Live TV list Radio channels and when selected nothing is displayed (a file window, listing my local share is displayed) ideally I would like to disable this option?

Ok this has been added to the dev version of the skin available from SVN or my main download link.

Once again, after I'm happy there's no bugs with it, I'll get it updated on the Kodi repo.

Cheers
Where can I find the number code for each of the "view id's"?
Nothing left in my right brain, Nothing right in my left brain :-P
Depends which views - if it's video library views then you could open MyVideoNav.xml, note down the view names in the <include> nodes then open the CommonVideoLibraryViews.xml and look for those names and see what IDs they use.
(2015-08-29, 10:56)Sharpe Wrote:

Ok this has been added to the dev version of the skin available from SVN or my main download link.

Once again, after I'm happy there's no bugs with it, I'll get it updated on the Kodi repo.

Cheers

Hi Sharp, i replaced only the 720 folder from your download link, the religned "backspace" large text for the numeric keypad works great but i couldnt see any changes to make changes to the TV submenu? - do i need to replace anything else?
(2015-09-14, 12:43)AshG Wrote: Hi Sharp, i replaced only the 720 folder from your download link, the religned "backspace" large text for the numeric keypad works great but i couldnt see any changes to make changes to the TV submenu? - do i need to replace anything else?

Hi AshG

Providing that you're using Isengard - there should now be options under System\Appearance\Skin Settings\Submenu to add new or remove existing Submenu items from the Live TV Home Menu section.

Ahhhh yeah that was me just being an idiot!! I forgot to restart Kodi to reload the skin! i can see it now, works perfectly. thanks very much!
Hi,

Just to let you know that I installed v7.0.8 with kodi addon manager and it didn't auto install script.duration during process. I had to install it manually and it works fine now.

Did others experienced the same?
  • Windows 10 x64
  • Kodi 17.6
Oh cool is script duration actually in the official Kodi repo now? If it is I'll add it to the list of auto installed scripts when Back-Row installs.
I didn't find it in repo. So you should add link and warning in wiki and in 1st post to donwload and install it manually.
  • Windows 10 x64
  • Kodi 17.6
Love this skin, I have been using one version or another of Aeon Nox for many years and am comfortable making changes to menus etc. Thank you for the recent addition of custom sub-menus but I am still struggling with not being able to make a sub menu source a particular video add-on or to drill down into a video add-on that supports say both TV and Movies and I want to choose at what level I add. I saw in a much earlier post that you talked about using Favorites but would it be possible to permit a custom menu to point to a video add-on or any other add-on for that matter.

Thanks very much in advance!
syfyfan1980
(2015-12-09, 22:39)syfyfan1980 Wrote: Love this skin, I have been using one version or another of Aeon Nox for many years and am comfortable making changes to menus etc. Thank you for the recent addition of custom sub-menus but I am still struggling with not being able to make a sub menu source a particular video add-on or to drill down into a video add-on that supports say both TV and Movies and I want to choose at what level I add. I saw in a much earlier post that you talked about using Favorites but would it be possible to permit a custom menu to point to a video add-on or any other add-on for that matter.

Thanks very much in advance!
syfyfan1980

Hi there - yeah that should be possible. To test that I just went into the Giant Bomb addon and made the "Quick Looks" section within the addon as a favourite then made that favourite the source of my home screen short cut and was able to enter directly into quick looks from the home screen.

You just need to access the context menu once your GUI selection is on the entry point for the part of the addon that you wish to favourite,
Hi Guys
Im new to the kodi world but i was forced to make a kodi solution for my customers.
Out of all the skins i love the Back Row design much better and because im trying to customize it a bit better for my aplication i decided to come here for help.

My first issue that hold me down from finishing my first revision is that i have few addons like "live tv israel" that keep changing the view from list to plot wrap every time i get out of certain menu and back again.
I went thru the settings of the addon and there is no setting for views there so i have no clue what to do next because i am clueless in coding.
Is there a way to force list view in all my add ons?

Thanks a lot and sorry if i missed something.

btw i run it on helix if thats important.
  • 72(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Back Row General Discussion6