• 46(current)
Back Row General Discussion
Sharpe Wrote:#Edit nah it's not fixed I'm still working on it - it's hard to pin down as it works first time quite often.

It has never worked for me on ATV2. I guess this bug is more common on low powered machines? Huh
Hi Sharpe,

Liking all updates Smile

quick question about clearart....is an extra addon needed in order for the "download TV logos and clearart" function to work. Or for the "get art" button in any show's info screen?

Don't seem to be working for me in the latest nightly - but this could just be down to my atrocious internet connection.

Oh, and any luck with a folder instead of a single image for the artist slideshow fallback?

Thanks
kiboy6 Wrote:Hi Sharpe,

Liking all updates Smile

quick question about clearart....is an extra addon needed in order for the "download TV logos and clearart" function to work. Or for the "get art" button in any show's info screen?

Don't seem to be working for me in the latest nightly - but this could just be down to my atrocious internet connection.

Oh, and any luck with a folder instead of a single image for the artist slideshow fallback?

Thanks

Hi Kiboy6

Yes you need the logo-downloader script intsalled - (which you should have).

To be honest it is flakey - like a lot of the scripts are using the nightly builds.

The fallback folder for the last fm slide show is still on the to do list.
95123321 Wrote:It has never worked for me on ATV2. I guess this bug is more common on low powered machines? Huh

I don't know - it always used to work fine (and like I say still does the majority of the time on my setup) I think it's probably an XBMC issue rather than a skin issue. The way Quartz does it's shortcuts is different so that's why there's no problem there. So that's a possible route to go down but to be honest I'd rather just get it fixed as it is. I'm going to work on it and I'll let you know.
kiboy6 Wrote:...Oh, and any luck with a folder instead of a single image for the artist slideshow fallback?

Okay I think that should be in place now - set it all up in skin options and it should work in the visualisation screen with the Artist Slideshow enabled.
Two things that will be amazing for XBMC and BackRow (I dont know if the skin could implement this)

1) Sequential play. If I enter in VIDEOS, and in the folder VIDEOCLIPS, if I play one I would love when it ends, automatically play the next like in a list. I KNOW there is a list to put in pressing space, but if I have thousand movies it would be a big boring waste of time.

2) Play videos with PICTURES in pictures, sequentially. In these days its commom to take pictures and some shot of some family event, and is totally improductive to see only pictures, the exit, go to videos and play the videos separatelly, and clicking one by one! (plase, look the first request)

The next one was not a MUST HAVE option, but will put XBMC even further the competition:
I would like to ask if it is possible to download from imdb the local name for other countries (the country was already set in language), and save both. In xbne I can see there is two fields in xbmc database: 'Title' and 'OriginalTitle'. So I can save my local country TITLE and order by it, but save the original title from the movie too.
Hi marcio

Good ideas but definitely one for the XBMC features suggestion forum rather than the skin forum I think.

http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=9

Try posting this there and see what people say.
marcio Wrote:Two things that will be amazing for XBMC and BackRow (I dont know if the skin could implement this)

1) Sequential play. If I enter in VIDEOS, and in the folder VIDEOCLIPS, if I play one I would love when it ends, automatically play the next like in a list. I KNOW there is a list to put in pressing space, but if I have thousand movies it would be a big boring waste of time.

2) Play videos with PICTURES in pictures, sequentially. In these days its commom to take pictures and some shot of some family event, and is totally improductive to see only pictures, the exit, go to videos and play the videos separatelly, and clicking one by one! (plase, look the first request)

The next one was not a MUST HAVE option, but will put XBMC even further the competition:
I would like to ask if it is possible to download from imdb the local name for other countries (the country was already set in language), and save both. In xbne I can see there is two fields in xbmc database: 'Title' and 'OriginalTitle'. So I can save my local country TITLE and order by it, but save the original title from the movie too.

This is already possible to an extent.

Setup various sources of your video clips like "Family Vids"
Go into Files mode, or the Video root. Highlight your source (Family Vids), press Play. It'll queue up all videos under that list and play them sequentially.

So in your example, you would just highlight Videoclips and press Play on it. Instead of hitting enter/ok on it to view the contents and selecting a clip to view. That works in Music where you can play one song and it'll just play what's next since it handles albums differently. Hitting Play on "videoclips" will have the effect you are looking for.

This can be done for Movies too. Highlight movies, press Play. Also for TV Shows, Music, etc.

Can do this for pretty much any list like Genre, Actors, Year etc. Pressing play on a root will queue up anything in there and add them all to the playlist. Can even go a step further and create Smartlists for the same effect. Highlight the playlist of your choice and hit play.

This handles your first request. Second is definitely a XBMC feature request since Pictures, Movies, Shows, Vids are all contained in separate libraries.
It might also be better just to put the pics into a video with the video that you want to play. So you can create a higher quality show.

For example you could have a movie of your trip to the lake that includes video and pics by editing them together into one video. Then you could even control the effects of going from one image or video to the next. You could also use this to tell the story though this media in chronological order.

If you have never tried editing before it is not that hard and it can be really fun when you learn how much control you have over the final result!
Any ETA on the WEATHER+, Artist logo support, next 5 tracks on Home? Could you guys display record labels on NOW PLAYING OSD?
CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
Yeah they are all still on the cards just a bit delayed. My main pc has pretty much died on me last night so I'm trying to fix the drive with spinrite at the moment. I might end up just getting another pc entirely though and do a salvage job on the other one. Should be back on track soon though! Also there's a little matter of GOW 3 horde mode to deal with over the next few nights Smile
Can someone please provide a link to the last build of back-row for the xbox? also what version of xbmc will be compatable? I would very musch like to try this bad boy out..thanks to all that are involved..many, many thanks..Eric
Hi Eric

i think this old link might be xbox compatible - a massive amount will have changed since then though.

Cheers
Wink 
Thanks man..but what build of xbmx will work with it? I'm using build

XBMC_XBOXT_30837
No idea mate...I've not owned an xbox in years.
  • 46(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Back Row General Discussion6