• 49(current)
Back Row General Discussion
Timreh Wrote:Can you tell me, how to deactivate the studio logo behind the Show-Logo (xml-wise) ? Smile

It's a bit weird that you're getting this glitch - /be best to diagnose it I suppose.

Could you let me know what build of XBMC you're using and what OS please? (The type of xml fix will be dependant on what build of XBMC you're using).

#Edit - actually I think I might have spotted something that could cause it if you don't put your episodes in season folders - I've updated the svn with the fix
Sharpe Wrote:It's a bit weird that you're getting this glitch - /be best to diagnose it I suppose.

Could you let me know what build of XBMC you're using and what OS please? (The type of xml fix will be dependant on what build of XBMC you're using).

#Edit - actually I think I might have spotted something that could cause it if you don't put your episodes in season folders - I've updated the svn with the fix

You were right! Smile I just tested it by putting some episodes in season folders and it worked..the glitch is gone Smile Thank you very much! (especially for the fix)
No worries - thank you for prompting me to fix it!
Hi,

Thanks again for this excellent skin - my ATV 2 is loving it!

Is there away for when I click on the Music menu item, it can go straight into my music library instead of my having to select it from the menu?

Thanks in advance
ady199 Wrote:Hi,

Thanks again for this excellent skin - my ATV 2 is loving it!

Is there away for when I click on the Music menu item, it can go straight into my music library instead of my having to select it from the menu?

Thanks in advance

Hi ady - yeah I always thought that by bringing up the context menu over an item in the music library and then selecting "make default" would have done that but I just tried it and it didn't stick until I closed down XBMC and restarted it then it remembered. See if that does what you need - might be a bit hit and miss though but easier than having to alter the skin.
bandelguy Wrote:The artist logo looks awesome in the music OSD.
Btw, how can I activate muisc artist logos in the OSD and other views?

You can add the artist logos in the album views in the music library. Also you can show the album, cdart and the artist logo above the Home menu strip.

Please guide, sharpe
CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
bandelguy Wrote:Btw, how can I activate muisc artist logos in the OSD and other views?

Please guide, sharpe

Well the OSD stuff is just there - providing you have the logo in place then it should show up when you select the main music OSD (visualiastion screen). The only other place that I have added artist logos, so far, is in the album info dialogue - which again providing you have the logo should just show it. There's no skin setting or anything like that.
I love the FanArt view. It has the largest view of fanart (with icons) of any view in any skin. That is, it has the largest view that does not have portions of the fanart covered.

Bug fix:

In Eden RC2 the FanArt view displays 9 icons (a.k.a. thumbnails, DVD covers). But scrolling with PageUp and PageDown moves by 13 icons. This leaves 3 icons which are missed every time PageUp or PageDown is used. Can this be fixed? I am using the built-in Back Row skin, which I presume is v 3.5.2. The screen is 1280x720, full screen. BTW, in Dharma with Back Row v 3.2.7, PageUp and PageDown worked correctly, moving by 10 icons each time.

Feature requests:

1) Offer a less bold font (&/or smaller) similar to Confluence. This would be especially nice on the list view of TV Seasons, and TV Episodes pages. (I know there are options for default, Arial, and Large.) And yes, I prefer the Back Row list layout to the reversed layout in the new Confluence.

2) Have an option to disable the movie information to the right of the fanart. It makes the screen look "busy". Replace the information with a) wallpaper, b) black, or c) the movie cover - the same way movie sets work.

Thanks very much.
(2012-03-20, 03:48)MediaPlayerFan Wrote: I love the FanArt view. It has the largest view of fanart (with icons) of any view in any skin. That is, it has the largest view that does not have portions of the fanart covered.

Bug fix:

In Eden RC2 the FanArt view displays 9 icons (a.k.a. thumbnails, DVD covers). But scrolling with PageUp and PageDown moves by 13 icons. This leaves 3 icons which are missed every time PageUp or PageDown is used. Can this be fixed? I am using the built-in Back Row skin, which I presume is v 3.5.2. The screen is 1280x720, full screen. BTW, in Dharma with Back Row v 3.2.7, PageUp and PageDown worked correctly, moving by 10 icons each time.

Feature requests:

1) Offer a less bold font (&/or smaller) similar to Confluence. This would be especially nice on the list view of TV Seasons, and TV Episodes pages. (I know there are options for default, Arial, and Large.) And yes, I prefer the Back Row list layout to the reversed layout in the new Confluence.

2) Have an option to disable the movie information to the right of the fanart. It makes the screen look "busy". Replace the information with a) wallpaper, b) black, or c) the movie cover - the same way movie sets work.

Thanks very much.

Hello - yes the page up / page down thing wasn't a bug it was something I applied to fix a disappearing icon issue in wraplists that had cropped up in XBMC a while back. But as that's no longer an issue I've reverted back to how it's meant to be, The fix is in the SVN and I'll get the XBMC repo updated soon,

I'll look into 1 & 2,

Cheers
Smile 
Thanks again Sharpe. The PageUp and PageDown change will make Back Row useful to me. And the feature request changes, if you can do them, will make Back Row really, really nice (up from really nice).
Will the skin support weather underground 0.1.1?
CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
Hi - maybe I will need to have a look at what's required to get it working.
Hi Sharpe,

Hope all's well with you.

Been away from much active XBMC use for a little while...recently came back and upgraded everything to the latest versions (Eden final, latest Back Row SVN from repo etc.)

While, as always, loads of cool improvements have come into the skin, I was a little sad to see the loss of a feature that was quite vital to my set-up: the availability of al the lovely custom library views in file mode.

I have a fair amount of content that I don't import into the video library for various reasons (sports, documentaries, magic etc.) I used to have these all organised in folders by type, with a folder.jpg and fanart.jpg in each one....That way, while obviously not a slick as full on library mode, i could still browse all that content with all the attractiveness of the different views (dvd case view, wall etc)

Unless I'm doing something silly it is now impossible to use most of these views in file mode. (Only the 3 list views are available). Is there any way to have the other views available again in file mode? I totally agree with using library mode whenever practical, but there is a lot of content which for me is just not worth making library ready, but is still much better browsed with all the great views BackRow has to offer...

Cheers - coming back to XBMC again after a while away and poking around a few skins and BackRow still stunds out as by far the slickest to me Smile
Hi kiboy6

Yeah I'm good thanks hope you're doing well also Smile

Yes with the Eden changes to xbmc and in particular the need to move video file mode to become part of the library all the old video file mode views were rendered obsolete.However you can get some similar views back by setting the content (via the context menu) for the folder you want to display, ie press "c" and select "set content" then in there select "movies" and "Exclude path from library updates". See how that works for you.
(2012-05-07, 08:17)Sharpe Wrote: .However you can get some similar views back by setting the content (via the context menu) for the folder you want to display, ie press "c" and select "set content" then in there select "movies" and "Exclude path from library updates". See how that works for you.

Aha! That did the trick perfectly. My "custom" sources look fantastic again now. In fact I think you might have already told me this exact trick a little while ago...if so: sorry!
  • 49(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Back Row General Discussion6